Most wanted character(s)? (Book spoilers!)

+
Aside from the ones already mentioned, I'm surprised we still haven't gotten Rience considering how important he is in the books. He's basically the main antagonist in the first one and prominent throughout the rest of the series.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I cant believe CDPR still hasnt put any of the Rats - the band of bandits that Ciri runs with for 2 books i think - in Gwent, i hope they're preparing something good for them.

Kalkstein! (And his card's dialogue should be "Albedo?", which is stuck in my head.) Also, I feel Alvin can make for an interesting card, just like Shupe's Adventure, which can come out in different ways (based on what you teach him, as it was in the first game) and could randomly teleport between the different rows on either side upon turn's end, and perform its effect. It should also be immune, being a little boy (maybe not immune to the Monsters faction). A very complex card with lots of text, haha... Also, Berengar, the Letho of The Witcher game one could say, could be an interesting card as well.

The point is, we need a lot more cards from the original Witcher game. I can understand that they're probably avoiding it because it'll require original artwork and 3D models for the Premium cards, but I think it'll be worth it. Also, a Geralt: Gigolo in honour of how I, and I'm sure plenty others play the Witcher games, would be nice. Basically, a 5 to 8 Power Geralt card that can charm ANY female card on the opponent's board. Sounds pretty balanced to me.

:smiling2:

Last edited:
Queen Meve and King Demavend would be great additions to the NR leaders.

I'd like to see a better version of Milva in the game, she is such an prominent character in the books that it's a shame she only gets one gold, and one that doesn't see much play at that.

Also Vysogota and Lady of the lake.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yn8sra;n10855411 said:
Detlaff for vampire archetype :hai:

Im pretty sure Dethlaff and Anna Henrietta will be coming to Gwent soon, probably in Thronebreaker, as they said lots of content from Touissant / Blood and Wine will be coming to Gwent.

The ones I want to see the most are Cahir, Angoulême and Milva, so basically all characters of Geralts little group that we haven't seen in the previous Witcher themed games.

But I'd happily see any character we haven't seen before in the games, many of which have already been mentioned here.

Percival Schuttenbach!

Are there any Gnomes at all, in Gwent right now? I know there aren't many named Gnome characters in the books/games, but I feel they are a big part of the story of racism and religious fanaticism that we see especially in the Northern Realms. They would be a nice addition to the Scoia'tael faction, as they are non-humans and would side with Elves and Dwarves.

Anyway, Percival Schuttenbach is a great character in general. There were also a few Gnomish merchants in The Witcher 3 - one in particular I recall was an Herbalist outside of Novigrad, whom I believe had a part in the Hearts of Stone campaign.

I want to see Lydia van Bredervoot (cant remember the correct name, she was Vilgefortz's servant ( Ive seen her on an art contest winner

Jurus331;n9857821 said:
Aside from the ones already mentioned, I'm surprised we still haven't gotten Rience considering how important he is in the books. He's basically the main antagonist in the first one and prominent throughout the rest of the series.
Its she if I remember correctly, and I agree, she is very important.

Last edited:
Not a character but I really want Vodyanoi cards, they've interesting lore, could be a great way to expand the weather archetype for Monster, either through fog or rain, and my Dagon feels alone :(

Both Borsodi Brothers from the quest in hearts of stone, maybe linked on one card (since you have to side with one, maybe the other is a "spy"). Seems like something cool could be done.

Estradd Thyssen (sp.) from Kovir, at some point I have to imagine we get a Kovir leader for NR w/ silver/bronze support. there are also a few Koviri Mercenary Captains you follow from the battle of Brenna, Adam 'adieu' and "pretty kitty". There are a few koviri cards already (Sile de Tansarville and Priscilla). Because they were officially neutral in the books, they could maybe have more spy support than the rest of the NR.

Honestly there are so many great and memorable characters, which makes me confident Gwent can have some great expansions in the future.

Top Bottom