Id like a way to reject a GG

+
Id like a way to reject a GG

Imagine you're playing gwent. I know it's hard but imagine. In a real game of gwent i'd be able to talk shit (done). I'd also be able to rebuff my opponent when he does a slimy thing like give me a GG when I know it's just sarcasm. I'd like a way to let the opponent know that I'm not taking their shit. Lets make this game more real. If you want to talk crap you should be able to. Or an in-game messaging that's easier than trying to look up their PSN name (which is impossible because people have different names in Gwent most of the time). Anyway, I think it would add to the game.

I dunno, I can't imagine wanting to decline their GG. I think it is a very refreshing and positive feature after a match. Even if you suspect him being sarcastic, just think of it as free materials then.

I think this might increase the level of toxicity in the game, which wouldn't be good.

Removed one post because its content treads on thin ice. Let's play nice, shall we.

Lyserus;n9909021 said:
just swallow your pride and take the reward already

Oh, I disagree, good sir. You have to give that cheeky, random, faceless stranger on the Internet a what for! Do you really want to live in a world where we can't be passive-aggressive to random folk online? The very thought gives me the shivers, so it does!

DoubleDealer;n9909091 said:
Oh, I disagree, good sir. You have to give that cheeky, random, faceless stranger on the Internet a what for! Do you really want to live in a world where we can't be passive-aggressive to random folk online? The very thought gives me the shivers, so it does!

Except for the fact that rejecting a GG can be interpreted in about 137 different ways, meaning no one would get the actual message the user had intended when taking this action in the first place, making the whole suggestion moot.

I'd be also glad to be able to reject their little GG after a poop match, so here's a solution:

- Let us actively deny the opponent's GG by clicking a "Deny GG" button, but if we do, the system automatically gives the opponent GG (which he can also decide whether to keep/deny). This way, the opponent knows what we think of him/her after match, but the opponent is also treated fairly.

In-game chat is a big no-no.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n9909641 said:
Except for the fact that rejecting a GG can be interpreted in about 137 different ways, meaning no one would get the actual message the user had intended when taking this action in the first place, making the whole suggestion moot.

I was being sarcastic. :youdontsay:

Firmly opposed to this. Rejecting a "gg" can potentially not have toxic intentions ("boy I was lucky, you shouldn't say gg" but the odds are it'll be interpreted as hostile. More toxicity is bad, not good.

In real sports (and in paper tcg's) you can refuse a handshake. In gwent you should be able to refuse a gg.

Gotta say though that most people gg without even realizing it, it has become a meaningless action in this game. But I, too, tend to see as sarcasm, because that's the only way I suse it anyway. But I know that's not true for the most people.

Fjormarr;n9912651 said:
But I, too, tend to see as sarcasm, because that's the only way I suse it anyway.

So, wait, you only use GG sarcastically? So you only give rewards to people that you intend to insult? Or is it, like, here's the reward for that "GG", you seem to need it...

On topic, if the devs allow you to reject a GG, they need to allow the other player to reject the other players rejected GG and give them a GG anyway to extend the sarcasm. We need to expand upon the GG paradigm until it is a microcosm of all possible human interaction.

Last edited:
Where a normal mind is thinking about why he lost or how he might've misplayed this card, it's refreshing to know some people are contemplating the potential sarcasm of a gift instead.

This thread is an eyeopener. It's all just sarcasm. All this time I thought I was having good games. But I get it now. GG isn't Good Game, it's Get Gud. I've been insulted and my puny mind couldn't grasp the malicious intent behind these devious bastards I've been playing.

Marginal0;n9913211 said:
But I get it now. GG isn't Good Game, it's Get Gud.

The GG threads are truly a microcosm of human behavior and how we misinterpret each other's intent and motivation. For our own sanity, I think we all need to accept that half of the posts aren't serious.

gigabomb;n9914021 said:
The GG threads are truly a microcosm of human behavior and how we misinterpret each other's intent and motivation. For our own sanity, I think we all need to accept that half of the posts aren't serious.

This isn't good, If this post is serious... I dont want developers throw away time to implement a so useless feature, insteat of creation of new cads, factions, campaign, balance, ecc... without considering all the people that, rightly, would come here in the forum to ask: "What is the purpose to reject a gg? i cant undestand"

Guest 4021160

I predict that average life of a forum warrior is around half a year. Then he goes on with his life after realising everything has been discussed before. Moderators... you have my deepest condolences.

I'll just repeat have I've already said because not everyone is being sarcastic.

Rejecting a GG can be interpreted in about 137 different ways, meaning no one would get the actual message the user had intended when taking this action in the first place, making the whole suggestion moot.

Top Bottom