Shield on Certain Gold Cards

+
Shield on Certain Gold Cards

Since Gold cards are now affected by everything, cards like Yennefer: The Conjurer, Triss: Butterfly Spell and Priscilla have taken a huge hit. Lore wise, it wouldn't make much sense to give Priscilla a shield but how come Triss nor Yennefer have shields? I mean they both die from one Alzur's Thunder or one Assassin. I think it would make a lot of sense to give these two cards a shield. As for Priscilla, maybe she could get 3 extra armor if Dandelion is in your hand or on your side of the board. I'm sure there are other Gold cards that would benefit from having a shield but these are just the ones that I could think of.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Have you read the card descriptions? Yen: Con and Triss: Butt (i like to call them that...) have their usual effects, but since now they're much more vulnerable, if killed they basically do their effect twice, which is not as good as when you're able to keep them active for long rounds but it's still better than no deathwish effect at all.

DRK3;n9456151 said:
Have you read the card descriptions? Yen: Con and Triss: Butt (i like to call them that...) have their usual effects, but since now they're much more vulnerable, if killed they basically do their effect twice, which is not as good as when you're able to keep them active for long rounds but it's still better than no deathwish effect at all.

Yeah I have, but they still usually die after 1 turn so.

DRK3;n9456151 said:

But having a shield is better and make more sense thematically.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Iuliandrei;n9468171 said:
But having a shield is better and make more sense thematically.

By shield you mean a quen? So protected from a single attack? I guess that would be a middle standpoint between the super protection they used to have and no protection at all they have now.

Personally, I don't think that goes far enough, but it's a good first step. If they aren't blasted immediately, then they are just locked. I think they should have to be demoted in order to be locked. Otherwise they are still unplayable.

What about unseen elder? I honestly feel bad for people who run him, if you have a scorch or even igni , you can basically save it until he eats everything and it's the easiest thing to just destroy. Certain cards need to have some type of protection/shield (having a deathwise is a step in the right direction for an answer to very vulnerable gold/leader cards but it's not enough to get players to use them competitively) or their cards need to be tweeked.

mfool123;n9474701 said:
What about unseen elder? I honestly feel bad for people who run him, if you have a scorch or even igni , you can basically save it until he eats everything and it's the easiest thing to just destroy. Certain cards need to have some type of protection/shield (having a deathwise is a step in the right direction for an answer to very vulnerable gold/leader cards but it's not enough to get players to use them competitively) or their cards need to be tweeked.

Yeah lol, Unseen Elder is very vulnerable now. I'm not sure how they could change him though.

OG.laloquaint;n9475171 said:
Yeah lol, Unseen Elder is very vulnerable now. I'm not sure how they could change him though.

Make all "Leader " cards invulnerable again..& maybe change their Color from Gold to something else to show their special status(i.e not some regular gold card)
​​​​

Last edited:
mishant;n9481791 said:
Make all "Leader " cards invulnerable again..& maybe change their Color from Gold to something else to show their special status(i.e not some regular gold card)
​​​​

But then you have the Northern Realms leaders with the Crewman tag and Harald with his passive ability. I think Unseen Elder would be better off with a new ability.

OG.laloquaint;n9481841 said:
But then you have the Northern Realms leaders with the Crewman tag and Harald with his passive ability. I think Unseen Elder would be better off with a new ability.

Yeah the Elder is a prime scorch target, I often end up consuming low power units just to make him less vulnerable, I think there are a few more golds out there than need some armour, it works well on cards like Ciri & Wild Boar.

OG.laloquaint;n9481841 said:

Agreed !... i didn't think about NL (coz i play it very less)
Elder card's power should be: strengthen all possible cards on board with the power of consumed card (i.e evenly distribute the power of consumed card amoung other cards on board) & if the consumed card spawns new cards (deathwish) then strengthen the new spawned deathwish cards with the power of the consumed card,
THIS could help make Unseen Elden best fit leader for Deathwish deck... since Elder-Consume deck is practically dead now .
,though i hope CDPR will release new leaders soon to support all sort of archetypes

Top Bottom