Triss Merigold's Hailstorm

+
Triss Merigold's Hailstorm

There isn't even a mention in the recent hot fixes about Hailstorm, which is ridiculous. This card is becoming an autoinclude in almost any deck. If you run Hailstorm your chances raise by significant persentage. This is abnormal and alarming.

What I propose is to make Hailstorm to hit 5 adjecent units. This will make Hailstorm still a strong, decent card but will provide players with choices, and make an overall gaming process more variable, interesting and less rigid. We have a Commander's horn, which is a great card, we have Dimiritium bomb, which doesn't see much play because it's easily outshined by Hailstorm, also 5 adjecent targets, we HAD a Manticore's venom, which also affected a total of 5 adjecent units, so why we can't have a spell that not just annihilates 1 row, but halfs 5 fat units that are next to each other?

That card still will be played, but more consious and more specifically.

Last edited:
I agree with you mate, this card is too overpowered combined with some weather cards if the opponent have moving units, Merigold's Hailstorm is just overpowered right now, the only units that can survive this ridiculous card are the ones that have ambush...

I've been thinking about this card and the best way to handle it. I've come up with 2 potential solutions. 1.) card remains as is, but is promoted to gold 2.) introduce new "weather counter system" Hailstorm would function like the old frost dealing 1 damage to each unit on the row. When played it creates a set number of counters (3 or 4). Each turn when it deals damage, it removes 1 counter. If the weather condition is cleared from the row it would deal damage to each unit equal to the number of remaining counters. This creates an interesting situation for both players on how to play around the condition or whether it is more beneficial to clear the weather or not. Plus it would create a minimum amount of damage so it wouldn't be a dead card.

RafaelMitsu;n9474281 said:
I agree with you mate, this card is too overpowered combined with some weather cards if the opponent have moving units, Merigold's Hailstorm is just overpowered right now, the only units that can survive this ridiculous card are the ones that have ambush...

Again, as discussed in another thread, imo Hailstorm is not overpowered. It stayed the same. There are too much high units on your row. That's the problem. I think Hailstorm is fine at it is to prevent row stacking and buffing going out of hand.

^This.Card was already in the game but since you people running streamer decks never knew it existed.Stop row stacking instead.

Top Bottom