More dragon cards?

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
More dragon cards?

Maybe this is a bit silly, but have you guys tried to do a dragon deck?

I like to focus on these 'theme decks' instead of just wanting to get more victories. On closed beta, i did a NG witcher deck with all 9 available witchers (at that time). Didnt work that well, or maybe i just had bad luck with it. Now with the 3 extra witcher cards, it probably works better, but it would be too similar to my old one.

This week i tried a mage deck. I figured NR had the most mages and so i basically did a recreation of the Lodge of Sorceresses and their backstory. Again, still havent been able to finetune it, but certainly have enough mages available.

But what about dragons? Yes, i've already made a dragon deck too, but there are still so few draconids in the game. The old 2 silver and 1 gold dragons have good synergy, but then only Monsters and Scoiatel have more draconids.

SC only has Saskia in her 2 versions, so a SC Dragon deck wouldnt work. Monsters now have 3 bronze draconids - wyverns, vran warrior and the new cockatrices - up to a max of 9 draconids. The problem? They have terrible synergy with each other. Somehow the Operator is also a Draconid so i sticked him there too, but there's still no way of finding a viable strategy.

So, maybe asking CDPR for more dragons in Gwent is a bit too much, specially since they're very rare in the Witcher universe, but maybe someone wants to share strategies to make this deck work?

I am sure that there are many cards yet to be added to the game. Rotfiends were among the more anticipated cards. The next one on my list would be Slyzards (From Blood and Wine).
I think it's fun to theory craft though, and think what these cards might do.

DRK3

Forum veteran
DannyGuy;n9508531 said:
I am sure that there are many cards yet to be added to the game. Rotfiends were among the more anticipated cards. The next one on my list would be Slyzards (From Blood and Wine).
I think it's fun to theory craft though, and think what these cards might do.

Yeah, there are still a few draconids that appeared on Witcher 3 that can be added (didnt play TW2 so dont know about that one). Unfortunately, it seems there arent anymore actual dragons, at least i dont remember anymore from the books, so new Epic / Legendary Dragons will be hard.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Michelazz Dont have a proper relict deck, but i have a Ciri + Godlings (Johnny & Sara) deck that is really fun (although very luck dependant).

Basically use Johnny on Ciri Dash, Sara on Ciri after using her on a lost round, then revive/ decoy Johnny everytime i get Ciri Dash to get as many Golds as possible. Yesterday got 2 Tibors...

DRK3;n9514211 said:
@Michelazz Dont have a proper relict deck, but i have a Ciri + Godlings (Johnny & Sara) deck that is really fun (although very luck dependant).

Basically use Johnny on Ciri Dash, Sara on Ciri after using her on a lost round, then revive/ decoy Johnny everytime i get Ciri Dash to get as many Golds as possible. Yesterday got 2 Tibors...

Nice idea, gotta try it myself.

Top Bottom