Triss Merigold suggestion

+
Triss Merigold suggestion

Triss Merigold is quite a useless card right now, i think that has mainly to do with the fact there aren't any notable 5 STR units to remove, reducing her to a pure points card with no tactical use.

I would like to suggest a small adjustment to this card from both a power and flavor point of view.

First of all give her a different animation, specifically the meteor from Ragh Nar Roog. Triss is know for her affinity to fire magic, even the card art shows enemies set on fire and meteors summoned from the sky.

Secondly reduced her body to a 5 and her meteor ability to deal 6 damage to an enemy and 2 damage to adjacent units. This effect would be more fitting to the flavor of the card. This would also make her effect UNIQUE, which is something i believe all golds should have.

Now for her use and power level she would now be 11-15 value, comapred to the current 13. This would also give you the option of waiting for the perfect opportunity to get her maximum 15 value, or use her immediately to take out a threat like Longship, Impera Enforcer or Siege Support for an instant 11 value.
The only drawback would be losing the ability to hit your own units, which was used to remove traps or cows.

What do you think?

Triss Merigold is a vanilla freebie card. Can't expect much from it. Would still be nice if she received a small buff.

4RM3D;n9574061 said:
Triss Merigold is a vanilla freebie card. Can't expect much from it. Would still be nice if she received a small buff.

And now Geralt don't have any skill :(

I don't mean to reopen an old sore; Still I just had an idea for Triss.

She could ignite her target on top of the damage. That would cause her target to receive 1 damage every turn, 2/3 turns and impair the target for the same duration - means this unit can't use its ability. Maybe the ignite could also prevent any interaction with that unit except a healing/reset one. Thus you could not shuffle it back (Medics could) with Emhyr, Decoy or Milva and you could neither boost nor strengthen it.
Her numbers would need to be tweaked self-evidently. For instance a less strong body (6) and the initialy damage dealt down to 4.

Triss Merigold
Gold
Neutral
Loyal
Agile

Base Strength: 6
Deploy: Damage a unit by 4 and ignite it for 3 turns.

Ignite: Impair a unit and damage it by 1 every turn, at the start of your opponents turn. Ignited units can solely interact with damaging, healing and reset effects.
Impair: An impaired unit has no access to its ability.

Tbh i suggested this Ignite idea long time ago, in closed beta i think, for the nilfgaard Fire Scorpion, but as a simple ability to deal 1 damage per round. The effect could be countered maybe with a lock, or reset or heal.
Though this idea of Impair seems quite convoluted and seems a lot like Lock. But who knows maybe they will add DoTs at some point.

Iuliandrei;n9744571 said:
Tbh i suggested this Ignite idea long time ago, in closed beta i think, for the nilfgaard Fire Scorpion, but as a simple ability to deal 1 damage per round. [...]

I didn't know that.

In fact it is a temporary lock. A healing could cleanse the ignite with its DoT and the impair effect.

Iuliandrei;n9573711 said:
Triss Merigold is quite a useless card right now, i think that has mainly to do with the fact there aren't any notable 5 STR units to remove, reducing her to a pure points card with no tactical use.

I would like to suggest a small adjustment to this card from both a power and flavor point of view.
First of all give her a different animation, specifically the meteor from Ragh Nar Roog. Triss is know for her affinity to fire magic, even the card art shows enemies set on fire and meteors summoned from the sky.

Secondly reduced her body to a 5 and her meteor ability to deal 6 damage to an enemy and 2 damage to adjacent units. This effect would be more fitting to the flavor of the card. This would also make her effect UNIQUE, which is something i believe all golds should have.

Now for her use and power level she would now be 11-15 value, comapred to the current 13. This would also give you the option of waiting for the perfect opportunity to get her maximum 15 value, or use her immediately to take out a threat like Longship, Impera Enforcer or Siege Support for an instant 11 value. The only drawback would be losing the ability to hit your own units, which was used to remove traps or cows.

What do you think?

Have a look at what I have suggested for a change on Triss Merigold in terms of ability.
> https://gyazo.com/859be1137597fa2c0b4c91dbe692d8f5

You will find this in the *Suggestions for New Cards*;
Link: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...ns-aa/114853-suggestions-for-new-cards/page19

Last edited:
Yeah i saw it. That would make it like a 33% RNG on an 8 STR body, frankly i think this version would be more useful.

Iuliandrei;n9745181 said:
Yeah i saw it. That would make it like a 33% RNG on an 8 STR body, frankly i think this version would be more useful.

Agreed; Additionally another timer? I don't think that would make Triss better.

Top Bottom