Something is badly wrong

+
Something is badly wrong

First off, we can no longer trust card model! Theoratically bronze is 9, silver 11 and gold 13 now, but something is really wrong!
We admit that some cards work better with combo, such as Fiend, Wyvern and stuff, but look, no one brings Fiend with them without having some relict cards in their deck, which is not actually a tactical bonus, but a compulsory one! In this case, Fiend is a bronze card without ability but with 11 strength, while Manticore is a 12 silver and Geralt a 13 gold! This is awefully wrong! Other Golds can easily reach 16 with useful mechanics such as Phillipa and Assassination. Also, Triss Merigold and Iorveth are as lame as dirt. Serrit can not deal 5 damage with an alternative ability and is a 6 power silver, which is evidently stronger than the mentioned golds. While Black Infantry Arbalest can deal 5 damage with 6 strength, whose mechanic resembles Fiend's, and what's the difference between this bronze to Triss Merigold, the thirteenth of Sodden Hill??!! Only 2! Likewise, Geralt is only 1 strength better off than the Manticore is just unconvincing. Just think, in The Time of Contempt Geralt killed a bigger Manticore within an hour. What's more, Lambert can kill an army of Arachas and Temerian Foot Soldiers, with 7 strength, and the initial damage is 5. only 1 strength difference from Triss! What the hell??

And why does nobody play reinforced trebuchet or trebuchet anymore? Because of that ram.7+3+2, firmly 10 value to start with, and the condition to become a 12 value bronze isn't too hard, not to mention the recruit bonus! This is broken bro.

And why foglets can be killled by fog? Why wild hunt can be killed by white frost? Why why why??

And all those agile units really kill the fun of playing Gwent, seriously. This is an honest and devilishly fantastic game, but no longer the way I remember it. Siege weapon on melee row? Ironclad soldiers hide far behind on siege row? What kind of war is that? Every faction becomes the jumping Scoia'tael guerrilla these days, how is that fun???

Another strange thing has to be mentioned, if not by me. The weather mechanic is really sick right now. Just think, a row of frost or fog, which in reality should affect a great many of acres, but now only one unit can feel the chill. This is like poisoning, not the natural weather. It's more like a spell, casted by Aretuza Apprentices, not by Wild Hunt Hounds!

Last thing. And I won't rant in here. Since I only play Nilfgaard after its release, and I played more than a thousand games with it in both closed and public beta, I really feel that there aren't many possible combos regarding to the silver and gold cards. Stefan Skellen's ability is like a joke comparing to John Natalis's. Serrit's ability still remains in the style of closed beta, when everything was less drastic and more low-profile. Etc. I mean some cards, or many cards lose their purpose in every patch, which might be normal, but I don't think so. I love to try new stuff, but some cards, like Geralt and Triss, are just too lame.

DRK3

Forum veteran
While i disagree with some of your points, i agree that with this new Patch, some Gold cards like Geralt and Triss have become ridiculously weak, with many silvers being of same value or even more.

Geralt can still be useful, at least for a reveal deck, to use the spotters on a revealed Geralt to become 3 x 17 bronzes, but Triss is just useless compared to Lambert (which is a shame since she's the best sorceress)
:halt:

Top Bottom