Alteration for Restore

+
Alteration for Restore

I think the Restore Dorregaray Combo is pretty dumb; And I love the change to restore. Thus my suggestion for this card is a limitation to restoring Skellige cards only.

partci

Forum veteran
The card is OK and I guess it is the only thing that keeps SK players heads above the water now (I play extremely rarely with the faction so I can't be sure, but they got hit really hard last patches and (well deservingly after the Axemen/QG BS metas)). Only pity is that it may become the second auto-included card after Sigdrifa, but, oh well.

I think it's cool that you can restore any card, adding limitations makes the card far less versatile.

Also for example if you wanted to steal the card with Aglaïs, then you would get nothing from it because you don't have any Skellige cards. Takes away tactical value.

partci

Forum veteran
I thought, maybe a slight nerf will be to make the Restored Card Doomed, but mind you - I do not play SK, so not sure if it wouldn't kill the card again.

They could just make it so that cards are reset to 8 base value instead. Or boosted by 3 like decoy.

Cabowse;n9639031 said:
I think it's cool that you can restore any card, adding limitations makes the card far less versatile.

Also for example if you wanted to steal the card with Aglaïs, then you would get nothing from it because you don't have any Skellige cards. Takes away tactical value.

Didn't think about that, that's true.

Cabowse;n9639911 said:
They could just make it so that cards are reset to 8 base value instead. Or boosted by 3 like decoy.

A boost effect would make no sense for Skellige and 10 Strength are totally fine. I just think the Dorregaray combo is weird, not really skelligish I feel. But probably it's just me. Skellige was never about Resilience spam - except Morkvarg,Olgierd and playing around Cerys. But this Ekimmara spam has nothing to do with Skellige, it's awful seeing a bunch of monster cards on a Skelliger's board, It's enough seeing them whilst playing against Monster.

partci

Forum veteran
After my experience from today, I am starting to think what is more boring to play against: Mill or this new Restore deck.

Sheesh, people! Can't you think of something more original?

partci

Forum veteran
Just saw Swim with another preposterous Restore, with Kambi this time... things are going out of control.

A 101 of how 1 card change can turn the game on it's head.

Humm look I personally hate skellige deck so my view could be biased, I do think restore is too good being able to change any bronze/silver in 10, with the carryover feature untouched it's definitely more than above the water.

Sure I can accept cards being particularly strong in some scenario but I do think viable counter must be available to all factions. Currently NR is struggling against any skellige deck just like previous patches except the dun banner patch. (In fact I still can't name a card of NR can effectively disrupt skellige play, you can argue necromancy and artifact compression being options to counter skellige but NR does not have any synergy with those cards, even ST can tutor artifact compression and revive it to counter SK)

Ideas to combat SK 'Restore' abuse

Restore abuse is one of the biggest problems for the game right now. Here are a couple ideas that remove the ability to abuse it, while keeping the spirit of the card the same:
- Dorregaray and Freya(w/QG) become 'Doomed' the moment they hit the graveyard, preventing them from being used with Restore after discard. Perhaps other cards too, but those are the ones can think of primarily to get the idea across
- Any card that you Restore gains a 'Doomed' tag, and thus cannot be rez'd
- Make Ekimara also Doomed
~~~~~~~~
So can still do many things with the card, but for the most part carryover + QG buff that players are abusing are now removed.

Top Bottom