Drought is the most underwhelming card name

+
Drought is the most underwhelming card name

Considering that it's a gold, a fantastic card, it seems to be really underwhelming in my opinion. Gold characters and effects are legendary in the Witcher world (like Ragh nar Roog, the end of the world, the second Conjunction). Not only that but EVERY weather effect has got a better name (Biting Frost, Impenetrable Fog, Torrential Rain, Skellige Storm). So, you can suggest a change for that card's name here. I know it is a really minor polishing issue, but it is bugging me. The only one that came to my mind was "Zerrikanian Sandstorm" but it would require different artwork.

Any ideas? :)

I agree with you. It could be something related to Korath, like "Korath's Burning Sun" maybe, or even "Korath's Drought", just giving a more specific name to it would add more depth :). The other arid place that I recall from Witcher 3 is...

Ddiddiwedht Desert, you go there with Avallac'h during the quest Through Time and Space, when they are trying to reach the Aen Elle world to talk to Ge'els. Oh! Oh! That world used to be an ocean, but it sank into oblivion after the world's resouces were spent till the last drop. It's related to world's ending, just lke Ragh nar Roog.

Last edited:
Actually, droughts led to catastrophic famines, it was a fairly apocalyptic event back when. Food used to come from agriculture, so a drought could wipe an entire kingdom off the map. However, i do agree that it doesnt quite ring that gloomy bell. Something like black plague is much more famous, so may-be something along those lines? Catriona plague during Witcher 1 would be a fitting analogue. Not really a neccecery change, then again, not too complicated either.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
For a gold card, it doesn't sound too special or threatening. Then again, the name doesn't bother me too much.

For me the problem is White Frost. The disaster which suppose to be the end of world in The WItcher universe, now just a 2 rows silver weather in Gwent white a common disaster like drought is a 3 rows gold weather.

White Frost effect should be: Apply frost to all rows on both sides. After 1 turn at the start of your turn destroy everything under Frost weather if Ciri isn't played. :D

Or simply have White Frost and Drought swap names and animations.
Both RNG and WF are world ending events and are better represented as gold cards.

Top Bottom