Change Vanilla Geralt

+
Change Vanilla Geralt

I think Geralt should have some ability, not just 13 str body. My suggestion is when he is played and you use in your deck Roach she has to land on the same row as Geralt.

wichu1;n9698341 said:
I think Geralt should have some ability, not just 13 str body. My suggestion is when he is played and you use in your deck Roach she has to land on the same row as Geralt.

Thread moved to our suggestions section.

Geralt's 13 strength body is pretty much the ability itself, but I agree that it would be nice to have something minor that he can do.

Perhaps:

Deploy: If you have any mages in your hand or on your side of the board, Strengthen self by 3.

Deploy: If you have any Yennefer in your hand or on your side of the board, Strengthen self by 3. If you have any Triss in your hand or on your side of the board, Strengthen self by 5. :)

I was hoping they would be done with the "no ability" units and i hope Geralt would change too.

My vision would be a 10 gold with 2 stances you can choose from his deploy ability

example:
Deploy: Gain 3 armor and deal 1 damage to 3 adjacent enemies OR Strengthen self by 3 and gain a shield.

The interaction would be similar to First Light but you choose between Silver Sword and Steel Sword.

For me, it's all good if Geralt can be set to a 15 str unit with no ability, considering other gold cards are generating way more power than 13

Geralt becomes the highest base str unit in all gwent, and that can lead to some great combo....say, NR reveal spotters

Lyserus;n9701521 said:
... Geralt becomes the highest base str unit in all gwent, and that can lead to some great combo....say, NR reveal spotters

And this is why Reveal is so dominant on the ladder...

wichu1;n9700941 said:
If you have any Triss in your hand or on your side of the board, Strengthen self by 5.
I think you mistyped there, it should be Weaken self by 5. :rolleyes:

Make Geralt a great card

Geralt is the Witcher, he should have a card worthy of him. 15 strength, no ability looks bland and boring.
I suggest a strength of 8 and 6 damage + the ability choice:
- Swirl, deals 2 damage to the units on either side of the target.
- Bash, moves the target to the row above
- Deep cut, the target takes 1 extra damage every turn ( unless healed).

Coming from the witcher 3, Geralt should be more versatile. He's the main character yet noone wants to play him. Take the midwinter challenge Geralt, take away the return to hand timer and knock the strength of his big version back to 13. Granted it'd take some golds out of the main pool but thematically it works for me. Now create is a thing, make it a tactical play

Last edited:
Makhil;n10132142 said:
- Swirl, deals 2 damage to the units on either side of the target.

I kinda like this idea!

Swirl was awesome in Witcher 3, so it would be nice to have that in Gwent too :) Deal damage to cards below, above, left and right? Although in that case, the damage couldn't be very high to one card, but it still sounds fun. Hmm... But I don't like the idea of Geralt being a spy, so maybe he could just deal damage into the cross shaped area, in which case, it would damage max 5 cards total, since one should be in the middle.

No idea how useful this would be gameplay wise, but it sounds fun.

Top Bottom