Season reward for casual player

+
Season reward for casual player

I play every day but I am far away from a pro player I like casual play and rank 17 is okay for me. I play for fun and I play free rank because it is more relaxing. I didn't really care much for the last season reward. Dandelion was a nice Avatar reward but its okay not to get him. But this season.......I want that Yennefer!!! I really want that avatar but there is no way I make it to the top. Even reach rank 18 is a bit of a grind right now.

My idea.... offer Yennefer avatar as a reward for the next season or the after next season but with a lower difficulty level.

I am pretty sure most casual player gonna love that idea. But what about the others? You must think a reward must be earned with hard work....I agree but you got your reward earlier and the others get the reward much later than you. Beside I not talking about all the rewards. You must still earn your title and picture frame.

What do you think?

PS: Please don't flame me too hard for loving Yennefer.

IIRC, devs said that they are considering a possibility to obtain season unlockable avatars by some other means, but that's later.

PandaLin I totally understand your wish. Had and still have the same thoughts about Triss last season. The thing about the Triss avatar is that it was a Rank 21 reward, while Imlerith was the Top 1000 reward. This season there is no rank 21 reward and Yennefer is the Top 1000 reward. Thats why I thought you could make the alternative Triss avatar a general Rank 21 reward for all seasons; Wouldn't solve the matter you mentioned.

Because there are soo much more characters that could get there own avatars, I don't think CDPR will repeat rewards through the same way. Even putting the Yennefer avatar as a Rank 18 reward next season, would be the same way of gathering her - the ranked ladder. On top of that I don't like the idea of making an exclusive avatar available for those who didn't achieve it. No insult intended to make things clear. I know that, first of all it requires a lot of time to achieve the highest avatars and not every one is made for Grand Master / Top 1000. Therefore there are avatars for lower ranked players as well.
I like the Skellige Ciri for example and will definetly try her a bit next season.

Besides I could imagine a Triss/Yennefer avatar as a reward for a Valentins day event if there will be one.

I already suggested somewhere else to put awards for reached level, as after a certain level you don't need a keg or ore. Meteor Powder is cool, but the other two... like, give me a border or avatar for the round levels from 50 to 100. I think no one will complain about this and I'll feel my time invested into the game more rewarding.

Like, leave the Borders for the Ranks, but make the Avatars available for leveling. I think this is fair.

Last edited:
Ya that yennefer avatar is pretty awesome, and is so much better then the rank 20 avatar. I reached rank 20, and tried to grind to rank 21 but literally at the 4400+ mmr , the only thing that seems to matter is if you win the coin flip. I think it would be cool if they made premium Avatar just like the cards, and if they did something like that then they could make those be given to the 1,000 players and have regular motionless ones obtainable a different way. Since there are new avatars to get every season, I doubt they would ever try this. I could even see them cycling through a few seasons then bringing back old avatars, and if they did this then they could make em easier to obtain. This would give players that did grind hardcore to get the avatar , time to show it off, until the next cool avatar comes out. Ive noticed that most competitive players like to be defined by their borders and less by their avatar in rank play. Thus the avatars should be a little easier to get, but not so easy that it has no value because everyone has it.

Okay titles and frames should be exclusive for players who won them, but avatars, hmm. Maybe let them be purchasable for ore. Let's say 2000 ore for avatar you didnt won regular way. That way players who won them are not screwed cause they are anyway 2k ore more wealthy cause they don't need to buy them.

Top Bottom