Serrit. How to make him playable

+
Serrit. How to make him playable

Hi allí,

Serrit was not played before, and now, with the arrival of V Elites, he will have less chances to be seen around. Here's my proposal:

Deploy: destroy a revealed unit card in opponent's hand and boost self by its base power. Your opponent draws the top card of his deck and reveals It.

This would grant Serrit a new and unique ability for a reveal archetype, but not mandatory. And he would be playable in such archetype, which is good. The more playable options, the more diversity in the game.

We need to understand that a key card opponent's game does not necessarily have a high strength. And disrupting opponent's game is precisely the point of a reveal deck. You could play your Serrit as a tempo play picking a strong unit, ir as a tactical play removing a key unit.

If we compare with Eskel, that removes an already played unit that is not boosted, this Serrit is balanced since allows opponent to draw a card, adding a risk va reward component to the play. And again, It is very reveal themed.

partci

Forum veteran
I had a familiar idea for Assassination.

My idea for Serrit is to Lock a Unit in the opponent's Hand, preventing it's deploy effect.

Will be nice to have Lock Units for each archetype in every faction.

Last edited:
Destroying a unit that's still in hand? Really don't like the sound of that, despite using Serrit in my Reveal deck.

Reveal already has several ways to mess with revealed cards in opponent's hand; being able to straight off destroy one (or up to four five with certain combos!) of them would be too much. Drawing new cards (that'd also be revealed) to replace destroyed ones wouldn't really compensate enough, in my opinion. Serrit is only a Silver card, after all.

Edit, since I got ninjaed: Locking a card that's in hand sounds too strong as well, as I've already stated in here.

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Eliadann;n9798721 said:
Deploy: destroy a revealed unit card in opponent's hand and boost self by its base power. Your opponent draws the top card of his deck and reveals It.

I like the idea, but I want to tweak it a bit.

8 Strength, deploy: Destroy a revealed non-gold unit in either hand and that person draws a card.

First of all, this means you can use it on your own hand, if you want to get rid of a useless (e.g. Golem) card or need to thin your deck. Secondly, Serrit is a fixed 8 strength, regardless of the card's strength.

Your idea is way too strong lmao. You could destroy a Gold card too easily. Idk if he needs a change honestly.

partci

Forum veteran
OG.laloquaint;n9800781 said:
... Idk if he needs a change honestly.

I don't know if I've seen him in a single game for two patches now, so, here you go.

... and I love his art and I want to use him at least for this, but no - he's a dead Silver in a pool of... well, pretty vigorous Silvers.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n9798881 said:
I like the idea, but I want to tweak it a bit.

8 Strength, deploy: Destroy a revealed non-gold unit in either hand and that person draws a card.

First of all, this means you can use it on your own hand, if you want to get rid of a useless (e.g. Golem) card or need to thin your deck. Secondly, Serrit is a fixed 8 strength, regardless of the card's strength.

Like this idea, I think he could probably be pushed to 9 or 10 strength as it makes him more of a utility card like Assire & Guardian.

8 str, locks a revealed unit in enemy hand FOR THE ROUND and then damages himself by half of the locked unit's power (rounding up)

I feel like there's nothing wrong with Serrit at the moment, and the only reason he feels underwhelming is because other options are superior. An attempt to bring Serrit up to par with Nilfgaard's current capabilities will boost an already strong deck overall.

Top Bottom