The Problems that lie with Carry overs, is it good or bad for the game?

+

• Carry over, Bad?

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Carry over, Good?

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Carry over, Improve?

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

I have a suggestion on this topic, however, One Consume unit in general, which will be the focus, and that is Ekimmara.

In this current and previous patch, we had an obnoxious carry over from Dorregaray into Ekimmara, where if in Skellige would generate quite a lot of carry overs by the former amount of silver resurrection units Skellige faction has, though just leaves with just 3 Silver Cards.

Let's take a look at the potential within Skellige faction alone:
1. Sigrdrifa into Dorregaray into Ekimmara
2. Decoy into Sigrdrifa into Dorregaray into Ekimmara
3. Go further Summoning Circle into Dorregaray or Sigrdrifa into Ekimmara

Now, as we both know from the recent patch, the Restore Silver card has been changed from 10 to 8 base strength and only resurrecting Skellige units, which is good but what about Sigrdrifa, Decoy, or Summoning Circle on Dorregaray into Ekimmara?

Bad Example: 6 Strength, if with 2 or 3 Ekimmara carry over, then you are looking at a 12-18 Strength carry over, which is way too much.

Good Example: 4 Strength, if with 2 or 3 Ekimmara carry over, then you are looking at a 8-12 Strength carry over, which is way better, quality over quantity, and considering Gwent is purely for Points-Play.

Same step as well applies to the Mahakam Defenders, which are 6 Strength carry over, so if 2-3 then this would make a 12-18 carry over, way too much.

Like the examples given, 4 Strength carry over would be reasonable, as when adding up in total, the quality, if 2-3 Mahakam Defenders into the next round would make only 8-12 carry over, so all in all is way better.

Regards,
byExeplar

:thinking:

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
You are talking about carry-over and forego to mention these little buggers?
Anyhow, carry-over on its own isn't a problem. It becomes more of a problem when combined with the tempo plays or the pressure of unable to pass, as explained here.

4RM3D;n9813221 said:
You are talking about carry-over and forego to mention these little buggers?

Anyhow, carry-over on its own isn't a problem. It becomes more of a problem when combined with the tempo plays or the pressure of unable to pass, as explained here.
I have to disagree with you on this point, as the problems that lie with Nekkers, can be countered and doubt with quite easily by using either Peter, Madroeme, or many many more removal tools at your disposal.

Moreover, Nekkers are not resilient based units, so from what I have suggested are resilient based units, and they are much of a bigger problem than Nekkers. However, if we take the resilient units as an example again, then you will find that both with and without tempo plays, high resilient based units are still a problem, if they are still at a high base strength following onto the next round.

In addition, to Nekkers, they are a Monsters breed, so without Nekkers what are Monsters Faction in general, especially in a consume faction...

Regards,
byExeplar

:wondering:

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
byExeplar;n9815041 said:
I have to disagree with you on this point, as the problems that lie with Nekkers, can be countered and doubt with quite easily by using either Peter, Madroeme, or many many more removal tools at your disposal.

Any carry-over unit can be countered, Nekker or not. Monster players usually save another Nekker, in case the first one gets removed. If not banished, Slyzard can also summon another Nekker.

byExeplar;n9815041 said:
Moreover, Nekkers are not resilient based units, so from what I have suggested are resilient based units, and they are much of a bigger problem than Nekkers.

Actually Nekkers are a bigger threat because they keep coming, not just in the 2nd round, but also in the 3rd round. Furthermore, they keep growing in strength, while normal resilient units are reset between rounds and only carry over once.

byExeplar;n9815041 said:
However, if we take the resilient units as an example again, then you will find that both with and without tempo plays, high resilient based units are still a problem, if they are still at a high base strength following onto the next round.

There are only a few high base strength resilient units. Like I have mentioned above, the Nekkers can reach a strength of 15 or more. No other resilient unit can achieve this, unless you use Adrenaline Rush in Skellige with high base strength units.

4RM3D;n9815721 said:
Any carry-over unit can be countered, Nekker or not. Monster players usually save another Nekker, in case the first one gets removed. If not banished, Slyzard can also summon another Nekker.
I agree. However, when a Nekker is removed from the first play, then usually you would use either a Gold or a Silver to take or banish the 2nd time. As well the additional of Mandrake alongside Peter for Nilfgaard is too great not to pick and even having to combo Mandrake with Vesemir Gold for that extra bit of tempo play.

4RM3D;n9815721 said:
Actually Nekkers are a bigger threat because they keep coming, not just in the 2nd round, but also in the 3rd round. Furthermore, they keep growing in strength, while normal resilient units are reset between rounds and only carry over once.
Too, I agree, nothing more to add here really.

4RM3D;n9815721 said:
There are only a few high base strength resilient units. Like I have mentioned above, the Nekkers can reach a strength of 15 or more. No other resilient unit can achieve this, unless you use Adrenaline Rush in Skellige with high base strength units.
Read statement that I gave above, to understand why a Nekker or Nekkers won't go pass 15 or even further, if you have successfully managed to shut down all the opponent's Nekkers from Round 1. So then again this goes back to resilient base units being superior to those little Nekkers.

To end, Nekkers are but only a Monsters breed card for the faction and especially for a consume archetype. Monsters faction are suppose to have few units that grow in power overtime, which brings us back to why shutting down Nekkers from Round 1 is so important.

Regards,
byExeplar

:hmm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom