A few general suggestions.

+
A few general suggestions.

Sorry if there's a similar thread(s) or if these are said 1972309 times but needed the get these off my mind. Many of them will be included in final version I'm sure, but trying them out would be veeeery nice.

1-) Fast mode. 15 Seconds each turn and 20 cards total in hand, just one round, casual game, half the rewards, no daily progression.

2-) Option to block black screen when your opponent scrolls through decks and graveyards. Only what was/were chosen will be shown as thumbnail on right side after the choice ends. Having to look at the screen while enemy Ghoul, Xarth or Assire scrolls through all cards for a whole turn is very distracting and really not fun at all.

3-) Quick-Buy button for Ore purchases. Visiting shop would be making people want to buy kegs (as a general marketing rule) but if you gonna spend money you spend it anyway. You don't need to see it first.

4-) In-game tracker. GwentTracker and GwentUp are very good indeed. Maybe CDPR should contact and implement the system to game? It's a win-win for everyone.

5-) Match history. Most necessary thing ever

6-) Why hide your own deck at all? Anyone using a tracker sees it anyway. It's just unfair to those who don't use or don't know about trackers.

7-) Least important but most profitable: cosmetic stuff like card backs and alternative artworks, themes for background (Faction themes, different plain colors, material based themes) blabla....

Last edited:
All of the suggestions, except for #3, have been mentioned before in various threads. So, let's talk about the quick-buy button. I am not exactly sure how that's suppose to work. Care to elaborate it?

A minor thing. Ore is only used for keg purchases (for now at least). So having a quick buy button on main page (or somewhere convenient like collection page) for ore shopping instead of a 4 step process. You click it -> 100 ores will be deducted -> 1 keg will be added or instaopened (depending on your option).

But seriously #2 is the most vital thing here. What was the consensus about that when discussed before?

altaybek;n9834071 said:
But seriously #2 is the most vital thing here. What was the consensus about that when discussed before?

It was a minor thing which never gotten much attention from the community (or the devs). If you really want to make the devs aware, then it's best to directly submit your suggestion by contacting support.

Fix the problem of bad matchmaking. Fix it. Just fix it. This game isn't fun if I'm only playing players wayyyyyyyy above my rank and level. That's not a challenge, it's bonkers. Also, maybe have your support team do spell check on their emails back.

Last edited by a moderator:
busterginger

I understand that the matching can be frustrating, but raging about it on the forums does nothing to improve the situation. The game is still in beta and CDPR is actively working to improve the gaming experience. One of the things they are looking into is the casual matchmaking. Also, please note that the level of a player is not directly related to his skill or the quality of his deck. Some try out new decks in casual, while others play fun decks that aren't competitive.

If you want to be matched closer to your own "rank", then (ironically) it's actually better to play ranked mode because it only looks at your MMR (win/loss ratio).

Finally, you can still get consistent wins in casual by looking into a guide on a strong and easy-to-play deck. Though, this way of playing is not on top of my list to recommend.

4RM3D Maybe you will be more helpful than the actual feedback and support. Every suggestion you made to me has been done. It's still just as frustrating with zero recourse from the developers so I felt necessary to turn to the forums (and amazingly enough you gave me a competent answer in comparison).
Maybe you can answer me directly. Since it's based on win and loss ratios, I've been just passing and passing and passing to lose on purpose against any player I can see immediately who is above me in both rank and level. They may not have fun but I'm dishing out free points. Is that the best way to do it?

busterginger;n9840141 said:
4RM3D Maybe you will be more helpful than the actual feedback and support. Every suggestion you made to me has been done. It's still just as frustrating with zero recourse from the developers so I felt necessary to turn to the forums (and amazingly enough you gave me a competent answer in comparison).
Maybe you can answer me directly. Since it's based on win and loss ratios, I've been just passing and passing and passing to lose on purpose against any player I can see immediately who is above me in both rank and level. They may not have fun but I'm dishing out free points. Is that the best way to do it?

No. It's not. For a starter it's not nice to that other player.
But my question is why does it bother you if someone is above your rank or level? I mean it is casual, why not enjoy the opportunity to play against someone who is higher up and see how well you fare against him? You might learn something from such players or maybe even realize that just because they are level 100 they are not necessarily that much better then you...

But as 4RM3D mentioned you really should play ranked. Quicker matchups, opponents of your rank and rewards are better...

@nemirni Nope it's not nice at all. It's a cruel world of Gwent and that, like unfair matchups are a part of the game. It bothers me because it's constant. And lastly, as I may have mentioned, not sure if you read my response properly, but I have been playing solely ranked (once I realized the futility in casual) and it's still happening. I don't care to play against players who are "masters, level 100 and the same rank" in comparison. Is that what you're talking about?

I also don't care for the "challenge" if it's almost a guaranteed lose. I'm not going to waste my time playing through a game where I'm spanked consecutively.
Change decks? I have multiple decks, researched and all ready to go, but then...Whoa AGIAN? another match against a player who once again is "master, lvl 100 maybe a rank higher or lower"

I have found my said method works. So I will continue to throw matches away until I get what is actually a playable opponent and not a blood bath.

Maybe I'm a terrible Gwent player?

But I've been here since the beginning (including Witcher 3 Gwent in the game, much different I realize) and little to no improvement in the game.

Hell I'll even give a gg if the match is fair and I still lose miserably if it happens. But until then, free points on me.

Any better suggestions guys? Or...

Just because someone is higher level doesn't make them better. And master is fairly easy to obtain actually, so you shouldn't let that scare you.

busterginger;n9840141 said:
Is that the best way to do it?

As others have also stated, level and (even) rank does not equal skills. Besides, there are many other circumstantial win-conditions:
  • The opponent has to go first.
  • The opponent might be trying a new deck.
  • The opponent has a bad hand.
  • The opponent is playing 'scissors' against your 'rock'.
  • The opponent makes a mistake.
You cannot tell without even trying. If things go south halfway through the match, you might at least get one round of progression and maybe learn something new.

If you are asking me: "Is that the best way to do it?", then the only advice I can give you is to at least try your best. You might not ever reach rank 21, but you won't get gold in the Olympics either.

Top Bottom