Rot Tosser Should be Buffed

+
Rot Tosser Should be Buffed

I was wondering isn't it about time to reduce the Cow Carcasses counter to 1?

I mean, look at the DB Trappers - they have the same STR (6) but they do accumulate WAY more power, like, every time they throw their trap and now, with all the flying around units, waiting two turns to eventually kill something with (often) really low STR, because of counter play, is just way too bad.

Rot Tossers are definitely very counterable. Consuming them, damaging them, placing a dummy unit in the same row, moving the cow carcass itself, locking it. I think a change is needed but what change, I can't say. Since the agile update they've tapered off.

partci;n9841021 said:
I was wondering isn't it about time to reduce the Cow Carcasses counter to 1?

Oh, the irony... After all the outrage, CDPR finally decided to nerf the card to 2 turns, only for it to perish in the power creep of the meta, ironically.

Rot Tosser does deserve an upgrade. Though, not sure if reducing the counter to 1, makes that much of a difference nowadays.

PS. Changed the topic title a little to reflect the content better.

You could say this,

Rot Tosser | Bronze | 6 Strength

Deploy: Spawn a Cow Carcass on the opposite row.

Cow Carcass
After 2 Turns, at the end of your turn, if there are 3 or more units on the row, then destroy 1 unit on each side of this unit, and banish self.

Like this, the Cow Carcass won't only destroy lowest unit(s), as, if the opponent plays a unit smaller, then the original ability would of destroyed just that smaller unit. Though, with the suggestion given above the Cow Carcass would destroy 1 unit still but in addition to destroying another unit on the other side of the Cow Carcass depending where it will be placed, so all in all that is 2 units , which will be destroyed by it.

Alternative: At the start of your turn, damage units adjacent to this unit by 1, and banish self.

Regards,
byExeplar

:yes:

Last edited:
byExeplar

This I can actually see work with Spies. But destroying by a Unit on each side I think is too much. Sure, you can play around it and move the one (let's say) on the left side to a different row, but still you could use the RT to kill your Cantarella... and then everybody will start complain again. :D

One and done and banishing itself, like it's doing now, seems fine. Just like the 1 counter. Everything became so much faster and there are so many counters to such tactics right now.

partci;n9842001 said:
byExeplar

This I can actually see work with Spies. But destroying by a Unit on each side I think is too much. Sure, you can play around it and move the one (let's say) on the left side to a different row, but still you could use the RT to kill your Cantarella... and then everybody will start complain again. :D

One and done and banishing itself, like it's doing now, seems fine. Just like the 1 counter. Everything became so much faster and there are so many counters to such tactics right now.

Not necessarily, as everyone would only complain if a card is not how it should be, and destroying 1 unit on each side of the Cow Carcass looks fine but I did forget to add the "banishing itself tag", so with this the Rot tosser would see play much more in a new improved ability to suit the current meta of agile units. :)

Regards,
byExeplar

Hmm, thinking more about it, I have an interesting idea. A reversed Redanian Knight-Elect! => At the start of your turn, Damage Units adjacent to it by 1.

nivellen75;n9842291 said:
No, unless EVERY faction is given easy way to deal with them.

Every faction can already deal with it quite easily. That's the whole problem. Besides, there is always Bloodcurdling Roar, which is a neutral card.

As the NG Engineer got a Crewman, what about giving it Fresh Crew, reduce the timer of Cow Carcass by 1? So with a bit more of setup, you get a much better effect.

The main problem I see with this unit is, that it utterly lacks synergy in NG. With the Assasin NG has a much better removal unit for single units, and against many unnits Lacerate is also better. So there isn't really reason to run it, if you don't play Emhyr and want to bounce it as often as possible, for which other units are still better.
If this unit would actually fit to an archetype, it would actually see much more play.

Spy: Playcing the carcass adjacent to a spy reduces the countdown of it to 1. Playcing it between to spies, lets it trigger its effect immediantly. You can either instantly clear a row of spies or you use your infiltrator and silver spies to set up the row.

Spy: Cow Carcass damages the lowest enemies only by half their power (rounding up), but the effect is repeated every 3 turns, such that the player gets free stacks for the Impera Units.

Reveal: The Cow Carcass is spawned to the opposite Hand not Board and damages all units in hand with power higher than 1 by 1. Repeats its effect every 2 turns.

FG15-ISH7EG;n9842551 said:
... it utterly lacks synergy in NG...

Erm... no, cause it still buffs your Brigades and makes Enforcers shoot, problem is, it's own ability is a lackluster and rarely "hits" anything of value nowadays, thus next to nobody is playing the card. Just like Assassins, which I see once in a blue moon.

4RM3D;n9842261 said:
Hmm, thinking more about it, I have an interesting idea. A reversed Redanian Knight-Elect! => At the start of your turn, Damage Units adjacent to it by 1.

I like this concept better, if you put this and the suggestion that I gave, this would make Rot Tosser a balanced bronze, won't it? :)

A Reversed Redanian Knight-Elect ability, oh, I can see it now, a perfect synergy with spies. Gotta love it! ;)

Regards,
byExeplar

Last edited:
I use the rot tosser in R3, as a finisher, the opponent many times don't have answers! It's great to see the dol blatana turning to dust..

So Carcasses are still ticking for two turns...

I know Enforcers were changed and this is kind of a buff to them, but did someone tried the Rot Tossers with the new patch?

I think these are the things needed for the current spy-decks:
- Good condition-less tempo (playing Imperas first is not what the deck wants)
- Increases spy count at the same time, for the entire round if possible
- For me, being able to actually play Rot Tosser because I want to play Vrygheff on spy decks
- And enable Henselt on Usurper spy deck

So, I came up with this:
Rot Tosser - 9pts, Machine
Spawn a Cow Carcass.
-- Cow Carcass, 1pt Organic, Spying
When you pass, weaken the highest loyal units on your side by 2.

He's just a 10 points play, but playable anytime, and provides a spy. Gives Enforcers a reason to line up your opponent's points.

I like the idea of reverse knight elect as well, but I don't think that's what the deck would need. As the deck already snowballs on longer rounds, it just needs a condition-less Infiltrator.

Last edited:
but did someone try Rot Tossers with the new patch?

Had a play around due to the daily quest. The extra time on the board trigger the impera abilities well and bring about a sense of impending doom when combined with removal when threatening a Foltest opponent who has 5x5 power units on a row stack. It hardly ever works (either opponent sticks a low value card or uses something like an aspirant to fiddle individual values). I like playing with strange effects and he rot tosser is pretty awesome when it goes off. Combine with leader to chuck garbage all over the board.

If you wanted to buff the card, I'd keep the timer the same to give opponent chance to respond/ pass but consider triggering on your turn end. Whoever gets the last play is the one who determines the success of the effect

Top Bottom