Reveal Synergy Suggestions

+
Reveal Synergy Suggestions

Originally this topic was about the Nilfgaardian Knight, but got renamed after got carried away.

My idea for the said card was to "buff" it, so it's Reveal in your hand not to be random. Just that. Even put him back at 10 STR. NG Knights are useless right now, even with Spotters (which are another next to useless card, but still).

I have this deck in which I'll totally put them in, cause it needs a bit raw power, but this RNG is just not worth it at all.

Last edited:
Why not have this,

Spotter | Bronze | 7 Strength

Deploy: Reveal a card; if it is the highest, then boost all Nilfgaardian Knights by the base strength of that unit.

Nilfgaardian Knight | Bronze | 4 Strength

Deploy: Gain 3 Armour.

The Reveal Archetype needs a bit of a push to become more competitive, instead of only a round 1 tempo play but lose other rounds.

Regards,
byExeplar

:yes:

Last edited:
partci;n9863301 said:
And the buff is... make his Reveal in your hand to not be random. Just that. Even put him back at 10 STR. NG Knights are useless right now, even with Spotters (which are another next to useless card, but still).

I have this deck in which I'll totally put them in, cause it needs a bit raw power, but this RNG is just not worth it at all.

I agree. This would be a good change!

byExeplar;n9863401 said:
Why not have this,

Spotter | Bronze | 7 Strength

Deploy: Reveal a card; if it is the highest, then boost all Nilfgaardian Knights by the base strength of that unit.

Nilfgaardian Knight | Bronze | 4 Strength

Deploy: Gain 3 Armour.

The Reveal Archetype needs a bit of a push to become more competitive, instead of only a round 1 tempo play but lose other rounds.

Regards,
byExeplar

This might make these cards a bit borderline... often bad (because revealing the highest unit isn't always that easy and it might depend a lot on RNG - and if you manage to reveal more than one highest units during the game, you might have insanely big units). It's also possible that you fail to draw one of these cards, which would be devastating.

But on average I think it would just be a less reliable version of current Spotters.

Nah, enough with this boosting. My logic is, I need the NG Knight for the raw STR points AND the reveal, cause this way my Alchemists can focus on revealing my opponents hand, so I can use the Vanendals, while the Knight can actually help me with my Scorpions and the Daerlan Foot Soldiers.

The reveal Golds are just not good enough (aside from Leo) - Vattier is 9, maybe 17 if you have luck and Cahir is a mere 4, maybe 20 if you have two Foot Soldiers and two Scorpions to reveal or whatever. But he is not worth it there.

Silvers are only two, well, three if you include Helge - Serrit is a joke, while Synthia is actually pretty good. And Helge herself is soooo dependant, that it actually makes better sense with the Spy Archetype.

The deck, indeed, needs some more strength in the Bronze Reveal core and, hey you know what just came to my mind? Those Alba ARMORED Cavalry, why are they not REVEALING the incoming unit they target? Meaning it will be revealed when draw into hand. It will be such a joy for the Vanendals as well.

Oh, man... and than Xarthisius... x.x

#SYNERGY~

PS Can you rename the topic to Reveal Synergy Suggestions, cause I kinda went away from my initial Knights thoughts, please?

Last edited:
devivre;n9863471 said:
This might make these cards a bit borderline... often bad (because revealing the highest unit isn't always that easy and it might depend a lot on RNG - and if you manage to reveal more than one highest units during the game, you might have insanely big units). It's also possible that you fail to draw one of these cards, which would be devastating.

But on average I think it would just be a less reliable version of current Spotters.

I agree, so maybe on deploy reveal a card; if it is the lowest, boost all Nilfgaardian Knights by the base strength of that unit.

Aim or the idea of a Spotter is to "see" *something*. Otherwise rename "Spotters" to something more relevant. Even the design of the card has a guy looking through a microscope, or binoculars.

For the cards that I suggest, which needs a tweak or rework, I look at the design of the card of how they are, and what they suppose to be, as the CDPR team is designing cards like for the sake of making a "card" look nice then not adhering to the ability of it? hmm... Or is it the programmers/writers who code/write cards that don't go according to the design?

Note: This isn't a go at you but just clarifying the problem of the way they design few cards and the thought process behind it.

P.S. Too, making "Spotters" and Nilfgaardian Knights useful cards, which in turn would help give the Reveal Archetype a boost in the right direction to become competitive and see much play in the top ladder for both PRO and Ranked.

Like this, more diversity.

Regards,
byExeplar

Last edited:
Spotters could become like Dol Blathanna protectors: wherever they are (Except the greveyard, obviously) they get buffed for every revealed card.

But that's just one idea. Honestly, alchemists and Moorvran should reveal 1 more card.

Another idea could be reworking Alba pikeman and Vicovaro novices as Spellgaard is a Dead archetype and noone uses soldiers archetype.

Alba Pikeman: if you decide to place this unit in the board It Will work normally, otherwise you reveal one and they are instantly played in the battleground.

Vicovaro Novice:
1) they should be allowed to also play spells
2) when reveal they should activate their effect, allowing for double use

Bleach25;n9865091 said:
Spotters could become like Dol Blathanna protectors: wherever they are (Except the greveyard, obviously) they get buffed for every revealed card.

But that's just one idea. Honestly, alchemists and Moorvran should reveal 1 more card.

Another idea could be reworking Alba pikeman and Vicovaro novices as Spellgaard is a Dead archetype and noone uses soldiers archetype.

Alba Pikeman: if you decide to place this unit in the board It Will work normally, otherwise you reveal one and they are instantly played in the battleground.

Vicovaro Novice:
1) they should be allowed to also play spells
2) when reveal they should activate their effect, allowing for double use

Not bad, this is actually pretty good suggestions, I personally like the idea of Spotters to maybe be like Dol Blathanna Protectors, would be a nice archetype to try out too! :)

Regards,
byExeplar

We already played this game with the Spotters. But now Alchemists reveal 1 more extra card so who knows. Still they will be worse than the DBPs.

I don't know, people say "15 per Bronze" is OK and yet this does not help Reveal at all.

I feel that the problem is that revealing enemy cards is still not worth it. The only goal that you have in this is to spawn golems and seek targets for venedal. To be honest venedal is good unit but some enemies just play their valuable cards early, which makes your reveal pointless in late game. We need a unit(spotted should be fine), which would boost self, when you reveal ALL of enemy cards in hand. As early as you manage to do this, the bigger reward you get. It would be great 3rd round finisher.

Other ideas:

Scoia'tael collaborationist: Every time an enemy card is revealed, summon one these unità
Black Infantry Alrbalester: same as the pikemen, but their damage should always be three

This one is a Gold but it's OP and needs balancing

Polybiulos: damage an enemy unit for Every allied unit in the ground by 2, them a random unit every turn by 4

another idea Might be a Coral that works with revealed cards turning them into figurines, or It could allowed you to switch of tour cards with one of the revealed cards of your opponent

partci;n9863481 said:
The deck, indeed, needs some more strength in the Bronze Reveal core and, hey you know what just came to my mind? Those Alba ARMORED Cavalry, why are they not REVEALING the incoming unit they target? Meaning it will be revealed when draw into hand. It will be such a joy for the Vanendals as well.

Oh, man... and than Xarthisius... x.x

#SYNERGY~

Yes! Agree. This is such a good idea.

I have a reveal deck I’d love to play but rarely do. It doesn’t include Xarthi even though I have his card. Regis HV to look and steal instead. Awful probably.

I want to work Xarthi in but the overall deck is too weak. I don’t have the Alba ACs in there either bc I’d rather Regis HV, and use the bronze slots for awful cards like the Ven Elites and Fire Scorps.

It would be great if the archetype supported some of the nicer cards. To make them more awful. Bc if it doesn’t make the opponent wish for #nerf, is it worth playing?

Last edited:
Lurking through old threads, I found an intresting idea.
a card that Upon reveal gets placed on the top of the opponent deck.
​​​​​​

Sooo apparently we are getting two new cards for the hated Reveal archetype. These new masters of disguido have clear sinergies with Fire scorpions and Boneheart. And that var Attre seems really powerful. Honestly, though, I'd give Attre's ability to regular Masters, so that they could synergise with Venendal. It would be the first really powerful combo for Reveal. Oh and assuming that we are getting in the direction of card destruction , I'd say other cards could have similari effects

Knights aren't the problem with Reveal, i think the biggest hit this archetype took was with the spotter change. Right now reveal has nothing for round 3 and most of the losses are attributed to dead cards.

Iuliandrei;n10023051 said:
Knights aren't the problem with Reveal, i think the biggest hit this archetype took was with the spotter change. Right now reveal has nothing for round 3 and most of the losses are attributed to dead cards.

Out of curiosity: how did the Spotters work before?

PS: I Have a crazy idea for the archetype: what if the opponent didn't know what card you revealed in his Hand? After all Reveal means gathering informartion about your enemy, without him knowing. And Besides, since a lot of the tactics of the Archetype rely in playing around your opponent, it would make sense and give a buff to this archetype

Bleach25;n10025341 said:
Out of curiosity: how did the Spotters work before?

PS: I Have a crazy idea for the archetype: what if the opponent didn't know what card you revealed in his Hand? After all Reveal means gathering informartion about your enemy, without him knowing. And Besides, since a lot of the tactics of the Archetype rely in playing around your opponent, it would make sense and give a buff to this archetype

Like the Dol Blathanna Protectors, boosting by 1 for each card revealed, this gave reveal a strong finisher for round 3. But instead they made it overreliant on reveal which means half the time you go in round 3 with dead cards and lose by default.

Iuliandrei;n10025871 said:
Like the Dol Blathanna Protectors, boosting by 1 for each card revealed, this gave reveal a strong finisher for round 3. But instead they made it overreliant on reveal which means half the time you go in round 3 with dead cards and lose by default.

This is really dumb

A change was kinda needed because pretty much every faction had a "Whenever you do X, boost self by 1" unit. However i don't think it should have been spotter.

Top Bottom