x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, no pro ladder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeathandTexas View Post

I think you don't fully understand the Law of Large Numbers.
    Do you even know what the flaws are?

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the pro ladder since it only offers incentive to be a better player by playing against other exceptional players.

Comment

The pro ladder is awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by EazyR View Post

It happens to everyone losing the coin-flip, but how often it happens, because if you lose the coin-flip a lot of times in a row you gonna struggle in alot of matches, i´ve had a situation that i lost the coin-flip 15 times in a row , and if you´ve seen the stats of the Gwent Open who lost the coin flip +-70% of the times lost the game, thats relevant and in the Pro Ladder when you are playing one of the weakest factions and you keep on losing the flip makes it almost impossible to have a good wr, and i get what you´re saying skill determines a lot but when it´s on equal grounds, in Gwent we have to deal with our draws, the opponents draws, it´s a luck game at its core we just minimize it with deck building, skill, whatever you want ,and still have to deal with the coin-flip that has huge impact.Sorry for the rambling
          I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from of it you've really looked at the analysis of the coin flip. So I've seen two people's data, person 1: First = 39% winrate, Second = 62% winrate. person 2: First = 59% winrate, Second = 71% winrate. So yes, I don't think there's any argument that says that going first is better, though the power of this effect isn't too great, for the person1 there's a 23% difference, now this is a problem and for him it goes over the crucial 50% bound. For person2 there's only a 12% difference and it doesn't go over the bound. What this tells me is that there are ways to play to mitigate the coin flip, when you play first you have to understand how to play differently in this position.
          All turned based games have some variance and who goes first matters, even in chess GrandMasters will say there's about a 4-12% difference in it. However with such small potential differences in Gwent as 12% which is further mitigated over a large number of games then it really isn't a problem. If the differences were larger then I would say it's bad and I'm sure CDPR have the numbers are keeping an eye on them, but at 10-20% it's not something that needs an overhaul. In tournaments however a decision of who goes first should be based on other factors, like winning a previous match or position when entering the tournament so the strength of a coin flip matters more when you're only playing a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty4 View Post

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from of it you've really looked at the analysis of the coin flip. So I've seen two people's data, person 1: First = 39% winrate, Second = 62% winrate. person 2: First = 59% winrate, Second = 71% winrate. So yes, I don't think there's any argument that says that going first is better, though the power of this effect isn't too great, for the person1 there's a 23% difference, now this is a problem and for him it goes over the crucial 50% bound. For person2 there's only a 12% difference and it doesn't go over the bound. What this tells me is that there are ways to play to mitigate the coin flip, when you play first you have to understand how to play differently in this position.
            All turned based games have some variance and who goes first matters, even in chess GrandMasters will say there's about a 4-12% difference in it. However with such small potential differences in Gwent as 12% which is further mitigated over a large number of games then it really isn't a problem. If the differences were larger then I would say it's bad and I'm sure CDPR have the numbers are keeping an eye on them, but at 10-20% it's not something that needs an overhaul. In tournaments however a decision of who goes first should be based on other factors, like winning a previous match or position when entering the tournament so the strength of a coin flip matters more when you're only playing a few games.
            So, first of all sorry for for the delay in responding, got sick of the game so i stopped for more then a month, second here is a link for you to see what i'm talking about : https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...gamescom_2017/

Best of regards

Comment

Working...
            X