x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improving Pro Ladder engagement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what I truly don't get is why the entry to Pro Ladder is restricted.

it should be open to everyone.

Comment

After climbing to rank 20 and then switching to pro ladder, I can say with some confidence that the average pro ladder game has more deck diversity, more meme cards, and less player skill than the average rank 20 game.

Like Legend rank in Hearthstone, doing well in the pro ladder has no rewards for the average participant. This allows for "fun" play due to the lack of incentive for "competitive" play.

My solution is to provide some sort of reward to the top 50% of pro ladder. This can be a portrait, meteorite powder, I'm sure other people will have better ideas. The point is to encourage players to climb competitively and stay competitive throughout pro ladder play.

Comment

Originally posted by njpowell View Post
        After climbing to rank 20 and then switching to pro ladder, I can say with some confidence that the average pro ladder game has more deck diversity, more meme cards, and less player skill than the average rank 20 game...
        Shouldn't this be the Regular Ladder, so the CASUAL players to be able to have some actual FUN with this game?

Comment

Originally posted by partci View Post

Shouldn't this be the Regular Ladder, so the CASUAL players to be able to have some actual FUN with this game?
          FUN in a GAME, NONSENSE

No one stops you from playing casually on the Ranked and bringing whatever meme deck you can think of. And get this when the month ends you will still 100% get better rewards than if you just played Casual mode, you will probably get to Rank 17 or 18 because you have to win like one of every five games to get ahead

Comment

SrdjanB

I am currently Rank 19 so I know how it works and it doesn't make it more fun, trust me.

Casual mode is rewarding only for daily rewards, which is OK, but than you have no limitations of what level/rank/mmr players you'll face, no restrictions to decks against which you will not want to play, etc.

Regular Ladder is where the salt of the game is - there are rewards and what should be a healthy competition. What has been explained for so long is, that the problem is the way you need to go to get to pro and than, once you are "pro", the ladder there becomes a lot like you play casual - sorry, but this is ass backwards (scuse my French).

Comment

Originally posted by partci View Post
              SrdjanB
              Regular Ladder is where the salt of the game is - there are rewards and what should be a healthy competition. What has been explained for so long is, that the problem is the way you need to go to get to pro and than, once you are "pro", the ladder there becomes a lot like you play casual - sorry, but this is ass backwards (scuse my French).
              Exactly why I made the topic, Pro ladder should be rewarding and engaging just to play on, not glorified casual for some players

Comment

Working...
              X