New Video - Midwinter Update Overview

+
Actually all of this looks great when i see it now. But poor trio :( Those was some nice arts. At least give us full refund on them lol, no1 need 9 copy of each now :p

Good, I like the cancellation of execution thing, it will really help out when playing complicated synergy focused decks.

Not the fan of looks of new UI but functionality bonus sure is worth it.

Daily quest system the exact same as in Duelyst, I hope they will preserve current dailies system as well since the new one on it's own would be huge step backward.

Really don't like the row limit...guess that'll be a moment for me to decide whether I quit or endure it. If the limit was 10-11 I wouldn't care.

Raunbjorn

FYI they said in the youtube comments that the old dailies will still remain the same.
So with this video they basically say they won't go back to the old UI no matter what since they wanna move in another direction. Well what a shame! It looks so fugly and plasticlike just like Hearthstone. I loved the old deck builder, it looked so cool and the wooden background was perfect. Really sad that they gave up on their unique design and just dumbed down everything. Also the cards are too small now. And the way Woodland Spirit pop out looks horrible too. Not as epic as before. The whole game just feels cheap now, I hope CDPR read the youtube comments expressing the same frustration.

Hydrahead;n10022981 said:
FYI they said in the youtube comments that the old dailies will still remain the same.
So with this video they basically say they won't go back to the old UI no matter what since they wanna move in another direction. Well what a shame! It looks so fugly and plasticlike just like Hearthstone. I loved the old deck builder, it looked so cool and the wooden background was perfect. Really sad that they gave up on their unique design and just dumbed down everything. Also the cards are too small now. And the way Woodland Spirit pop out looks horrible too. Not as epic as before. The whole game just feels cheap now, I hope CDPR read the youtube comments expressing the same frustration.

im sure game will be better after this update but yeah, UI could be darker and fit witcher theme better, bigger cards

Lyphian92;n10022961 said:
Really don't like the row limit...guess that'll be a moment for me to decide whether I quit or endure it. If the limit was 10-11 I wouldn't care.

row limit is fine, easier to balance game and how many times you have 9+ units in one row anyway

Last edited:

So, you really liked going through loading screens just for crafting one missing card? And you really liked having your cards wierdly placed on random rows everytime you wanted to create a deck? It sure is smarter and intuitive now. The only thing that I don't like is how the UI is covering the enire board when you have to choose even between just three cards. I feel like there is no need for that. They could make the box adapt for the number of cards you have to choose from.

I hope CDPR read the youtube comments expressing the same frustration.

Nobody in their right minds would read Youtube comments. It's like Facebook comments or Twitch's chat, if you have the possibility to ignore their existence it's good. And thinking they represent everyone is... not really true (in absence of a good non insulting word). It's just a loud minority, like everywhere. People who don't like something often shout their opinion louder than those who like it, because thos who like it just don't see any problems and are like '' 'kay it's cool" and they move on. Only those who feel like the world is crumbling and coming to an end because of that UI keeps on commenting on youtube ^^
I would say the most representative element of the silent majority is the like/dislike ratio. And I'm sorry to inform you that you are currently "losing" on that side :)

NotYouAgain;n10023201 said:
So, you really liked going through loading screens just for crafting one missing card? And you really liked having your cards wierdly placed on random rows everytime you wanted to create a deck? It sure is smarter and intuitive now. The only thing that I don't like is how the UI is covering the enire board when you have to choose even between just three cards. I feel like there is no need for that. They could make the box adapt for the number of cards you have to choose from.

its working in different way, you should check out this
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...esign/dre0xpm/

HearthShadow;n10023211 said:
Nobody in their right minds would read Youtube comments. It's like Facebook comments or Twitch's chat, if you have the possibility to ignore their existence it's good. And thinking they represent everyone is... not really true (in absence of a good non insulting word). It's just a loud minority, like everywhere. People who don't like something often shout their opinion louder than those who like it, because thos who like it just don't see any problems and are like '' 'kay it's cool" and they move on. Only those who feel like the world is crumbling and coming to an end because of that UI keeps on commenting on youtube ^^
I would say the most representative element of the silent majority is the like/dislike ratio. And I'm sorry to inform you that you are currently "losing" on that side :)

I sugget you to read this https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...the_community/ before saying that the majority is favouring this change. It defenetely does not. And CD should do something about UI ugliness in the upcoming patch or the game just loses on seriousness.
I honestly don't understand at all how that could pass the testing period whatsoever. Il looks damn bad in comparison to the old one.

The collection / deck builder merge is a fantastic move. Excited to see how the other stuff pans out. Maybe the daily challenges will finally get me to play as something other than ST.

Because Reddit represents the majority of people ? :)
That's new also ! It's another loud part of players, while those who do not agree with them are just flooded with downvotes so that they are dragged down into the abyss of the thread. Unless there is a real poll created you can't trust any cancerous social media.

HearthShadow;n10023551 said:
Because Reddit represents the majority of people ? :)
That's new also ! It's another loud part of players, while those who do not agree with them are just flooded with downvotes so that they are dragged down into the abyss of the thread. Unless there is a real poll created you can't trust any cancerous social media.

Doesn't mean that the devs shouldn't listen to the arguments. Quite the contrary. Those who keep silent usually just don't show any sort of activity what so ever, so they'll be happy with no matter what change. The active players on the other hand keep in touch with the community. So their opinion is relevant. Beucase they probably won't stand the changes they don't like and that will affect the game.
So yeah, the UI needs to be changed ASAP.

Klistan;n10023761 said:
Leave my "6 rounds for a keg" alone, i don't want to see these quests in one more game again(

Devs have reassured it will rest but along with that we will have the quests also. Which is awesome.

Raunbjorn

HearthShadow;n10023211 said:

That's a nice generalizing comment. FYI I don't feel that the world is coming to an end. I can just move on to another game. So you're basically saying we should voice our opinion? And I don't care much I'm on the "losing" side - how would you know anyway? Does that mean I'm not allowed to express my opinion or? If most people want this crab well that's fine, I'm just not sure that's the case. We'll never know anyway.

Top Bottom