Open PTR server is now live!

+
When is the PTR and who can participate?

I know they said something in the stream about it but it wasn't a whole lot of information. Are we just all in the dark on this?

I do remember them saying it would be "open" but I just want clarification if it's available to console users. Thanks.

CDPR will probably make an announcement about that in the coming days, maybe even tonight. I would keep an eye out for the news section.

EDIT: And there you have it (original thread merged).

Last edited:

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
Open PTR server is now live!

Ahead of the Midwinter Update, we’ve launched a Public Test Realm server for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game! The purpose of the PTR server is to present you with new mechanics and let you try out new features, which will be introduced in the Midwinter Update. Community participation is critical to any successful PTR, so if you see any bugs, please do report them to our technical support!

Keep in mind that the number of concurrent players able to access the PTR is limited, so you might not get in right away. When you enter, you will have a full collection of cards and your level will be set to 1. Rewards earned on PTR will not carry over to the main game.

GWENT’s PTR is only available on PC in English. To enter the test realm, you have to be logged in via GOG Galaxy client. Click “MORE” (next to the PLAY button) and choose “Settings”. Switch the Beta Channels to “on” and then choose “PTR channel”. You can start playing right after the new build is downloaded.

We really want to hear your feedback, so please share your suggestions! Be aware that there might be some localization/translation errors in the build — these are, after all, work-in-progress builds that you’ll be testing. Other than that, have fun and thank you for wanting to help!

Last edited:
Oh my god this is open! YES!!! :D

Though I could make a point about this being a beta within a beta (betaception!) I am so excited. And the whole card list is available too I can't wait xD

Downloading it now

ser2440;n10025501 said:
Though I could make a point about this being a beta within a beta (betaception!) I am so excited.
Just don't fall into limbo.

So this new build will replace the current build and you cannot use the current anymore? Or can i switch between both?

When I play PTR, can I switch to normal play if I want? Or how goes that? (never played online games before GWENT).

Musmanx;n10025611 said:
So this new build will replace the current build and you cannot use the current anymore? Or can i switch between both?

I believe you have to disable beta channel in GOG , then the game will backup the data again (take some time) after that you can go back to your normal account.

Downloading the PTR beta now, thanks for this opportunity to help improve the next patch!

To switch back & forth between the regular beta & the PTR, just swap the channels in the Settings part of the client?

Last edited:
I want to test it out, but I'm kind of concerned about switching between builds. How fast is it possible to turn off/on PTR once it was downloaded?

You'll be able to switch back to the current Public Beta by simply selecting it in the dropdown where you first picked the PTR one.

It'll redownload a % of the game though (pretty sure it wasn't the entire game), so it won't be instant.

Do I have to download everytime I switch versions? Is it possible to keep both the PTR and the Production versions in separate installations?

I think you have to re-download at least some of it if you want to switch. Though I haven't tried it yet either. Was too busy browsing over the new cards and what can I say boys...some of you will love it, some of you will most definitely hate it. Lots and lots of changes that this post is too small to fit all of them into. You have to see for yourselves ;)

Now, the first thing I noticed, the cards' descriptions. I expect them to be better when it goes public because right now, they do look like they are meant for the developers.

Other than that, I am going to try a match against the AI soon

Top Bottom