Join the Midwinter Hunt!

+
Join the Midwinter Hunt!

The night of the winter solstice – Midinváerne, in the language of the elves – is a time when the borders between worlds blur and the air shimmers with wild magic. Folk spend this evening together, exchanging presents… while witchers roll up their sleeves and get to work.

Join Geralt of Rivia on his Midwinter Hunt and test your skills in three brand new challenges on two levels of difficulty – for your efforts you will be rewarded with a themed avatar, frame and title!

The event lasts from December 19th until January 9th.

Well, I really enjoyed the last two events but this one was way to easy. Extremely lazy design....

Too easy, no challenge, completed the whole thing already. Hugely disappointed in the update, could write pages about it but I just don't care anymore.

Already completed the event, but it was fun! I didn't mind the low difficulty; it was a good way to discover some of the new additions and changes - like the row limit for example.

The Saovine event got me to change my avatar, this one got me to use a border for the very first time.

:cheers:

BornBoring;n10040981 said:
Well, I really enjoyed the last two events but this one was way to easy. Extremely lazy design....

I just made a thread about this in general discussion. Those puzzles could be done by 6 year olds.

Yeah, this was rather easy event, but I still enjoyed it :) Last one was a wee bit difficult, so this was a nice change.

I also noticed that even the easy event requires few tries if you don't read the card descriptions :D

And the frame and avatar are so awesome!

Easy is good. More fun for casual players. Last event was to hard for majority of people to enjoy.

gigabomb;n10043541 said:
I'd rather it be this easy than pulling teeth like the last two.

I can not comprehend this perspective. How was this at all enjoyable to you? How was it at all challenging?

psysteel;n10047881 said:
Easy is good. More fun for casual players. Last event was to hard for majority of people to enjoy.

I think the best solution is more than two difficulty levels. That way everyone enjoys at least some of it.

I still can't fathom how anyone would enjoy this last event aside from very young children. There was nothing challenging about these "challenges".

I had fun with it and I certainly won't complain. It's free and it's nice having these events every now and then.
However, I agree that it was way too easy and it definitely wasn't on par with the two previous events, whose expert modes really had me using my brain.
Still, thanks for it and keep 'em coming!*

*Just make them permanently available, instead of only for 20 days or so.

I can see where the event can become really hard, but with the last one we had people complaining about the complexity of couple of the levels, so I think CDPR decided to do something easier.

I will say about the Phoenix Avatar that instead of only squeaks, there could be stuff like sound of burning, explosion... I get the meme, but still I'll use Iorvet.

That was a really beautiful piece of art. I loved your ability to tell a story through playing out a sequence of cards. Like the boulders at the bottom of the map :). And how the objective changed from taking down the Phoenix to defending it. I'm really excited for more of this type storytelling through cards works. So, thanks :)

i liked every event so far. its really cool to have those. but yes this one was a bit too easy. completed every one exept for one on the first try. and im not really good with this kind of challenge.

StrykerxS77x;n10052231 said:
I can not comprehend this perspective. How was this at all enjoyable to you? How was it at all challenging?

I have transcended and no longer need brutal difficulty to enjoy myself. It wasn't challenging, but it was somewhat enjoyable and taught me some of the new cards and mechanics. If I complain that it needed to be 20% more difficult, they might go off the deep end and make them impossible to enjoy like the last two. For me, the question is, how where those enjoyable to you? Simply misinterpreting a card could cause a ton of retries, and being interrupted by the dialogue over and over and over...

If the choice is between this event and the last two, I plant my flag deeply in the "easier is better" camp. The game is already difficult in general, so can you please throw me a frickin' bone here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom