x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranked Play and Pro Ladder seasons ending soon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranked Play and Pro Ladder seasons ending soon!

We have some news for you – current Ranked Play season will end on January 8th (Monday) at 12.00 PM CET!

New season will begin the next day, on January 9th (Tuesday) at 12.00 PM CET, and it will last for only a month – we’re shortening the seasons and from now on they will be 1-month long instead of 2. To match shorter seasons, we’ve also updated the end of the season and rank up rewards.

Another change is that at the end of a season, ranking points of all players will be reduced by 50% (except for players who did not play a single ranked game in that season – their ranking points will not be reduced in such case). Meaning that instead of starting with ⅓ of the ranking points you earned last season, you will be starting with ½ of them.

What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped.

For those of you interested in competitive aspect of GWENT, Pro Ladder season will end on January 4th at 12.00 PM CET. It will be followed by a short break, during which we will distribute Crown Points for the best 200 players, and prepare for the next season.

Players who haven’t participated in the current Pro Ladder season will need to reach Rank 21 in the regular Ranked Play season by January 4th, 12.00 PM CET in order to qualify to the upcoming Pro Ladder season. Players who will reach the rank 21 between January 4th and 8th will qualify to the following Pro Ladder season starting in March.
    Last edited by Dominika; 03-01-18, 13:39.

Awesome! Merry Christmas everyone <3

Comment

Originally posted by Dominika View Post
      What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped. However, earning rewards for ranking up in the new season will work exactly the same.\
      Wait, then how do you get the rewards from the ranks you've skipped? And do you still get the end of the season rewards?

Comment

This is great news!
        Can you see this? Yes?! But it was supposed to be invisible ink...
        Oh well, since you're reading this now I might as well show you a
        cool link.

Comment

What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped. However, earning rewards for ranking up in the new season will work exactly the same.
          Whats that supposed to mean? If I end this season with rank 19 (4000 mmr), then I begin next season with 2000 mmr and miss out on all ranking up rewards upto rank 10, which includes 10 kegs and other stuff. Would there be a way to earn this back? That doesn't make any sense and kills the motivation to push for higher ranks because ranking up from a lower rank (1-10) in the next season is much easier compared to ranking up from say 17-19 in the current season!

Comment

So will the ranking up be 50% faster considering the season is halved? Or will it now be impossible for people who can't play 8h a day to reach higher ranks?

Comment

MAKE RANK 20 ENOUGH FOR PROLADER!
              this meta is unbearable, i wont play stupid netdecks to get to 21

Comment

Originally posted by Lantea View Post
                So will the ranking up be 50% faster considering the season is halved? Or will it now be impossible for people who can't play 8h a day to reach higher ranks?
                It will be impossible for people with lives outside of the game to reach the highest ranks now. The grind is real.
                Plus new players will have to face top players which is a bad idea imo.

Comment

''What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped.'' what made you guys even consider taking away rank up rewards when ranked goes live? we earned the mmr for those ranks through climbing the ladder the previous season, do we get them when the season ends ?

Comment

[/DIV]
                    What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped.
                    [DIV]
                    Pardon me but this is unbelievably stupid, what was the guy making this up thinking?

You NEVER slash rewards, it is horrible business practice. In minds of many people this will taint the unquestionable generosity you have showed so far.

Everyone will understand that rewards will be adjusted, even halved, but introducing this new moment just weeks after enormous patch that put a strain on resources of even most dedicated players and players who bought many kegs.

Comment

I accept that CDPR has been very liberal (daily rewards, free premium Dijkstra + Lugos, etc.) in giving out free ore / kegs / scraps and stuff and it is not right to complain if they want to reduce the "freebies" but there are other more sensible ways to achieve this, like removing the Good Game system, reducing the daily rewards from 15 ore / scrap / powder to maybe 10. Taking away the ranking rewards... that's hard earned and takes HUGE amount of time investment to get to ranks 19 and beyond. Ranking rewards are not "freebies" to be taken away!

Comment

i dont understand. can you explain this a bit better? were just going to get less rewards then every season? when will you release what the updated rewards are for ranked? i hope they will make up the difference. im confident you guys will do whats right but a lot of changes lately have me scratching my head

Comment

Reposting my reply from Reddit...

TL;DR:

Probably a miscommunication due to some unclear wording. I think we'll still get the rewards, but they'll be given in a slightly different way.

THE LONG VERSION:

Let's press pause before we totally freak out. I know CDPR has done some stupid things with this recent downdate, but I actually think that this may be a case of some unintentionally misleading info.

They said that (paraphrasing):

- At the start of each new season, MMR will NOT decay for anyone who didn't play a ranked game during the previous season

- At the start of each new season, MMR will now decay to 1/2 (instead of the current 1/3) for anyone who played at least one ranked game during the previous season

- Players won't "automatically" be given the rank rewards for ranks you skipped in the new season

It looks like this is an attempt to not punish people who can't/don't play ranked for extended periods. Ok, fine.

But in a similar vein, it looks like they are trying to avoid rewarding that same group of inactive players by not AUTOMATICALLY giving rewards for the ranks you skip at the start of tbe next season.

My guess is that players who stay active each season will be given rewards for ranks skipped in the new season AFTER you play a ranked game in the new season.

Or put another way, you'll most likely "unlock" the rewards for ranks you've skipped in the new season by playing a ranked game.

In this sense, the rewards won't be "automatic" anymore, but you'll still get them.

Doing it this way wouldn't punish inactive players with excessive MMR decay, while also not rewarding them for not playing.

This differs slightly from what we have currently, where you get rewards for skipped ranks the instant you click on ranked play. But it would still allow you to receive those rewards once you become an active player in the new season.

Basically it means that if you want your skipped rank rewards at the start of a new season, you'll have to subject your MMR to decay in order to get them.

I think the announcement used a poor choice of words, which caused a lot of confusion. Hell, just read some of the card texts. It's not exactly like this would be the first time they've worded something poorly.

But hey, this is just my guess at what they MEANT to say.

Last edited by Pravicors; 23-12-17, 03:16. Reason: some additions and clarifications

Comment

Originally posted by AVK1995 View Post

Whats that supposed to mean? If I end this season with rank 19 (4000 mmr), then I begin next season with 2000 mmr and miss out on all ranking up rewards upto rank 10, which includes 10 kegs and other stuff. Would there be a way to earn this back?
                            Yeah, if there's indeed no way to earn those low rank rewards, than I rather would voluntarily start from the bottom to be able to get the rank up rewards. Which probably wouldn't be good either, 'cause I'd be playing with people with much smaller collection and give then a very unfair experience until I rank up. Maybe it's CDPR's intent to even out the playing field more this way (lower mmr players get cards quicker so they can be more competitive)?

Comment

Originally posted by Pruny View Post
                              MAKE RANK 20 ENOUGH FOR PROLADER!
                              this meta is unbearable, i wont play stupid netdecks to get to 21
                              So you won't play in Pro ladder Kappa

Comment

Working...
                              X