Ranked Play and Pro Ladder seasons ending soon!

+
Sigh.... I threw money at you CDPR this holidays because I loved what you had made. A unique butterfly. A gameplay style I had not seen before. Beautiful art with unique concepts like tryptics and glorious animations. A generous rewards system to allow players with less income to be competitive. Please please don't screw me... You're making many many changes that have me (as others) concerned....

Last edited:
This does sound like it's just a bit of miscommunication.

As I read this change ranked rewards are being reduced to reflect that the season is now 50% shorter (completely fair), inactive players won't have their MMR reduced (alright with me), and those inactive players won't automatically get skipped rank rewards from their placement in the previous season if they do not play a game in the new season. (again, fine with me).

I'll try not to panic just yet.

This season was a 2 month season. The rewards should be related to the length of the season. I therefore hope that the new rules will apply from February 2018.

Gwentlique;n10083541 said:
This does sound like it's just a bit of miscommunication.

As I read this change ranked rewards are being reduced to reflect that the season is now 50% shorter (completely fair), inactive players won't have their MMR reduced (alright with me), and those inactive players won't automatically get skipped rank rewards from their placement in the previous season if they do not play a game in the new season. (again, fine with me).

I'll try not to panic just yet.

The more and more I read CDPR's statement the more this makes sense: All you had to do at start of prior seasons was click the "Rank Play" button and you got your kegs - this is hopefully what CDPR means by "automatic". If this is true, then all you need to do is play a ranked game and you should get your rank up rewards

Quintino77;n10086861 said:
This season was a 2 month season. The rewards should be related to the length of the season. I therefore hope that the new rules will apply from February 2018.

Of course we will get promised rewards this season, that is not the point.

Raunbjorn

RidiculousName;n10081041 said:
This is great news!

Please elaborate on why you think so? I'm honestly curious! :)
Because I can't see any good reason for this.

Hydrahead;n10087641 said:
Please elaborate on why you think so? I'm honestly curious! :)
Because I can't see any good reason for this.

Still have plenty of time to climb.
Being left with 50 % of MMR instead of 33,33 % means it'll be easier to get higher next season, which is good since the season(s) will only last one month.

That's two reasons, but they are of course subjective views.

Dominika;n10078421 said:
What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped.

I think AUTOMATICALLY is the key word here. Initially I was about to rant too, but am taking a deep breath.

Please, Dominika , Burza46 , Vattier : throw some more light on this and calm the raging spirits. We had like... enough rage with this last patch anywas to transfer it to an incoming one...

PS I still think a rehaul of the Regular Ladder is needed - gameplay wise and receiving/losing points wise. This HARD grind that starts with 18/19, that wall for an avatar for people with less spare time... it's just not needed. Hell, you have the Pro Ladder for people with so much free time, make it a grind there a lighten up the casuals for the Regular Ladder.

Peace.

RidiculousName;n10087721 said:
Being left with 50 % of MMR instead of 33,33 % means it'll be easier to get higher next season, which is good since the season(s) will only last one month.

Its the opposite of good, unless the rank up MMR gain is incread by 50% since the season is reduced by 50%; without faster MMR gain it will be impossible to rank up to even Rank 19 in one month, for anyone other then hardcore players who have the time to play 8h a day.

The reduction of lost MMR to 50% does very little to the overall rank up speed, you will still need to climb from 2000MMR to 4000MMR to be back at rank 19, where the hardest and longest grind starts, so if they don't increase the MMR gain, the Ranked mode is all but dead for everyone who only has time to play an hour or two per day.

This whole change of season/rewards needs a hell of a lot more clarification from CDPR ASAP to avoid any confusion and to make it crystal clear whether Ranked will be dead for all but hardcore 8h/day gamers.
Because I am not spending a cent for the Christmas pack or anything else in Gwent until we get this clarified.

Season=1month.
Reward for jumping from *0* to *1/2 of season achieved rank* is deleted from game.
We have now new quest system + just upping rank + standart and my favorite: 6, 12,24,24 quests + for every 2 crown parts random quests?
Is my conclusions right?

Hope that we don't have "that card game" >_> if you know that i mean, i really love that gwent, and i leaved that game that we know, because CDPR made good game that welcome new players with high cost rewards.

RidiculousName;n10087721 said:

Actually imo you are wrong.
How you mean it's easier to get higher?
Let's say i start at lvl 6 or more probable at lvl 8 or even at lvl 14 - dosen't matter. Whatever rank i start : lets say i play casually 6 games. I win 3 i lost 3. From wins i get +40, +35 +32. From lost i get -8, -11, -9. I climb up so easily anyway, new rank every 3 days. Untill lets say lvl 18. That change for me as casul make 2 days more grind. HC player for example if he start at rank 5 or 10 dosen;t matter : SAME DAY playing like 30 games he will be at rank 15 anyway -no matter at what lvl he started.

Last edited:
Overall it will be harder - in terms of time investment - for players that play less tp reach higher ranks. But you need to be a little more accurate, especially with those ranks you mentioned. Rewardwise everyone will get more.

Kingoko;n10093341 said:
[...]Let's say i start at lvl 6 or more probable at lvl 8 or even at lvl 14 - dosen't matter.[...]

Until level 9 or so, it's like win 60, lose 1. With rank 14 it's probably the +35, -10 you mentioned. That still means you get more rewards as a player with a low amount of ranked games. It is no change for such a player avatarwise. Rank 10 is a gift, you do not reach rank 20 anyways. And in between there are a bunch of rewards you get twice, because 2 months will be 2 seasons instead of 1, meaning 2 times the reward.

They said they'll alter the reward system, thus we need to see.

Yea i see that how generous CDPR is in many options.
They shorten season to 1 month, fine. With that change they can lower rewards a lot - im ok with it and it's even obvoius. But what's the point of giving 50% instead of 33% when every1 will skipp that difference first day? We are correct that in low ranks you progress so fast (come on guys i dont't need to explain that but from rank 8 in 1 day to get to rank 13 is ez if you play more then 6 rounds)

Kingoko;n10093651 said:
[...]But what's the point of giving 50% instead of 33% when every1 will skipp that difference first day? [...]

Where lies the problem with it?
The season is less long, thus you'll start deeper in the ladder.
Besides it will improve the matchups early in the season. Imagine a rookie playing 1 week of ranked and a veteran jumping on ranked play 1 week already in the season. Before 1 or 2 days of not playing was enough for a former rank 20 player to play against <3000 MMR 9/10 times.
Besides I think you are exaggerating again. It will take less time to get back where your skill belongs for everyone, doesn't matter if that means 20 or 10 games. It is faster and we don't lose something from it.

Then why there is that change?
Not sure how exactly it will work in terms :

What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped.

So now after each season you start higher skippin previous rewards. What for? I kinda want start each season rank 1 cause to get to rank 13 it will take like 2-3 days gettin all rewards that way.

But if you don't skip those rewards then what's point of starting at 50% or 33% since anyway it's 1 day of grind for me (k fine 3 days for casuals) to change that difference?

Top Bottom