Ranked Play season end moved to January 10th

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Ranked Play season end moved to January 10th

Dear gamers,

As you probably know, the current Ranked Play season was set to end today, that is January 8th, 12 PM CET. However, following a lengthy discussion within the GWENT team, and taking into account the community’s feedback, we decided to make an adjustment to the schedule.

The current Ranked Play season will now end Wednesday, January 10th, 12 PM CET, with the next season set to begin Thursday, January 11th. We’ll be posting additional details regarding the start of the new Ranked Play season on GWENT’s official Twitter soon.

This adjustment will allow us to address a number of high-profile issues gamers are currently experiencing and reporting with an upcoming technical patch. The patch will be released prior to the start of the new Ranked Play season.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused and thank you for your understanding.

Your friendly community guy,
Burza

Last edited:

DeFuZe

Forum regular
Please just end it as scheduled first time, you already extended it 8 more days. It should be over and just take a break 2-3 days till issues are fixed. No point in delaying anymore .

Burza46;n10178392 said:
This adjustment will allow us to address a number of high-profile issues gamers are currently experiencing and reporting with an upcoming technical patch. The patch will be released prior to the start of the new Ranked Play season.
Sounds awesome, please save us from this meta lol
As I always said, I trust you guys even though I'm fully aware that you won't be able to fix everything I'm pretty sure you're at least gonna make things better.

Guys...Players were planning for top 1k. Do you think it is professional to say it 10 min before?
I can already understand Monday mid day, but 2 days more during the week? People are working, or studying, there was last weekend to push, game over.
Just end it as planned and leave only pro and casual as you did other times.

This decision feels very unfair for those who did it in time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeFuZe

Forum regular
This season was supposed to end before 2018 and now they extend it again ? are we going to have a 3 month season wtf ?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
DeFuZe;n10178502 said:
Please just end it as scheduled first time, you already extended it 8 more days. It should be over and just take a break 2-3 days till issues are fixed. No point in delaying anymore.

If the choice is between taking a break or continuing ranked until the patch, then the latter is the better option. Why not give players a bit of extra time to try to reach a higher rank? More importantly, if ranked were to become unavailable for a few days, casual is going to get swamped, which negatively affects the user experience.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n10178662 said:
If the choice is between taking a break or continuing ranked until the patch, then the latter is the better option. Why not give players a bit of extra time to try to reach a higher rank? More importantly, if ranked were to become unavailable for a few days, casual is going to get swamped, which negatively affects the user experience.

Because there is an official schedule for the ladder and people play for top 1K?
Especially extended during work time?

ScalaReale;n10178702 said:
[...] people play for top 1K?

While true, it only applies to a handful of players compared to the other 99%. Either way, there are downsides. Extending ranked play just affects the least amount of players.

4RM3D;n10178662 said:

This is a way to see it, but lets think about the fact that people literally grinded whole weekend , including this last hour to reach their top 1k spots thinking that all their work will be done at 12PM only to get a big slap in their face by this . And its ok I dont mind extending the ranked with 2 days or more but please dont do it literally 10 minutes before the season was supposed to end. Its just a big punch in the stomach. Just my opinion .

DeFuZe;n10178752 said:
but please dont do it literally 10 minutes before the season was supposed to end.

Wait, I thought it was suppose to end at midnight. Well, that changes things a little bit. But still...

4RM3D;n10178742 said:
it only applies to a handful of players compared to the other 99%. Either way, there are downsides. Extending ranked play just affects the least amount of players.

Are you serious? First season to reach GM, first season to get cool avatar, and now what? I need to grind to get what I worked so hard for? What is the difference between starting new "Pro Ladder" season because "WE MUST", and now saying 5 MINUTES before season end that it will last 2 more days? It's incredibly unprofessional of you. I would be fine with it if info was available 2 days before, not 5 minutes!

That's very unfair. I was staying away from all that Reddit drama, but now I get it. Thanks CDPR, I had time to play through weekend, now I simply have almost zero. I'm pissed, I'm sad. That's not acceptable, you can't do such moves. Thank you, thanks you.

Thanks for letting me down

4RM3D;n10178742 said:
While true, it only applies to a handful of players compared to the other 99%. Either way, there are downsides. Extending ranked play just affects the least amount of players.

sorry but it does not make sense.
it is 2 days, not 2 months.

casual is just fine for 2 days, no one will die to play casual for 2 days.
extending a competitive season 5 min before end is a joke.

but no problem, I think I am gonna take a long break now.

Not cool doing this just before 5 minutes guys. Just saying...
Edit: And why not just end the season and let the other season start later? If it's the bugs and balance issues then isn't it wrong letting people play ranked for 2 more days?

Last edited:
This is highly unprofessional and disrespectful to your community. You do not pull such stunts litteraly in the last minute. It would be fine if you announced it at least 24 hours before, but this is just unacceptable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom