Ranked Play season end moved to January 10th

+
I will be happy to get the patch tomorow so i can reach GM with Eredin, these dwarfs have no honor.
:halt:

As sad it might sound, my trust in CDPR dropped from "highly trustworthy" to "very incompetent" in a timespan as short as less than 3 weeks.

I play from CB and I have been always full of enthusiasm, but lately they are doing a step backward after another.

Forgive me if I cannot manage to be happy by reading the news of the nth delay for: "because reasons", there have been too many. :(

no seriously, while I actually think many people take this BETA game too seriously, this move was in fact very incompetent from CDPR. why not just freeze ranked for two days? that would have been an inconvenience to ZERO people.

I understand that it affects "very few people", but come on, CDPR has put extremely high emphasis in the past months - and I've never understood that either - especially on the top players.

this move simply undermines everything the company has been focusing on in the past months. it is very inconsistent at the least. what is your strategy with this game guys? you need to find that out quickly.

Nixe to read this Information in the englisch Forum 11 Minuten before cut. The other Language Forum has NO Information Till now. Very very unproffesional

3 good arguments have been made as too why this is a very bad thing, 2 good arguments have been made why this is not a very bad thing, I have another. To quickly summarize, the top 1000 are at risk of losing the spot they worked hard to secure. The lack of notice of the change is unprofessional, and the delay in getting promised rewards is inconvenient given that it now occurs mid week when many gamers have less time to play. The positive arguments are, it gives more people a chance to reach a higher rank before the season ends (a net benefit to more people) and prevents the casual mode from being overwhelmed. The argument no one is talking about is the more important one from a deck building prospective. When the rewards release people will buy kegs, spend scrap, and transmute cards. However, the developers suggest that the new update will make changes to cards to fix some of the midwinter complaints (things they broke.) So from the perspectives of players it is better to not waste the rewards building decks that might not work properly after the update. This way, you will know what has changed before you start spending hard earned season end rewards, (thus being advantaged in the long run.) Therefore, developers don't need to refund as many cards (scrap = to amount it costs to purchase the card) and players don't feel cheated.

I really think you guys have to try to face real problems in your life. Everytime they delay or change something the shitstorm starts. Maybe, MAYBE, if they do something there is a reason to do that. You're not a developer, you're not managing a gaming company and mostly you're not playing an unfair game where you're forced to pay everything to play the real game. They've always been correct, honest and competent so stop complaining about every choice they take, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
CDPR just keeps surprising me. I've lost all desire to play this game for the last two weeks.
The thing is, now I'm actually starting to miss the old Gwent we had in November 2016. It was way more playable and balanced than now. Just give us a way to return to that version god.

siegheart112

Just try to understand the people who have played dozens of hours to reach a certain place on the ladder. The relief to have actually made it, eagerly waiting to get the rewards, only to be informed 11 minutes before the season was supposed to end that all their time investment might be for nothing basically. This must feel like an absolute backstab. And sorry, communicating something like that on such an incredibly short notice is far, far away from competent communication.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wanted to start crafting cards after i got my rewards..
guess i'll play another 2 days with unfinished decks
but i suppose thats how things work in an open Beta
always expect the unexpected :)

This decision is very unfair for those who were in top1k.Please end this ranked play season now.Or come up with some idea to compensate players who were in top1k.And I think you can give the players who were in top1k on January 8 and the players who were in top1k on January 10 reward at the same time.(I am not good at English,but I have already try our best to express what I am thinking now.Please consider my idea.)

Birkewedd;n10180872 said:
CDPR just keeps surprising me. I've lost all desire to play this game for the last two weeks.
The thing is, now I'm actually starting to miss the old Gwent we had in November 2016. It was way more playable and balanced than now. Just give us a way to return to that version god.

Me too.

I dun remember when the next online tournament is scheduled to be, but I'm afraid that unless they pull a miracle it will be a bugfest with poorly cropped cards where RNG will decide the victor.

The Gwent Challenger of mid-December will look like a masterwork in comparison.

siegheart112;n10180852 said:
I really think you guys have to try to face real problems in your life. Everytime they delay or change something the shitstorm starts. Maybe, MAYBE, if they do something there is a reason to do that. You're not a developer, you're not managing a gaming company and mostly you're not playing an unfair game where you're forced to pay everything to play the real game. They've always been correct, honest and competent so stop complaining about every goddamn choice they take, for fuck's sake.

It's the internet and people will always complain. But your mindset is what got us microtransactions, day one DLC and all the other crap we're dealing with in the industry. You can't ignore criticism because some people post crap. Most of the people here provide constuctive criticism.

And you're right, we're not devs. We're just the people that pay their bills. Some people here have spent hundreds on Gwent. They have a right and an obligation to try and steer the devs on the right path. That's not to say posting "gwent sucks lollol" is a good thing. But look around the threads and a lot of the "complaints" are valid, in that they try and provide answers and help.

The lack of communication is what pisses most people of. The last few patches have been all over the place and people have nothing to show for it, apart from generic phrases like "We have something in mind." There needs to be better communication. Burza's taking the brunt of the fans' anger but he's just a middleman.

So yeah, give the devs the benefit of the doubt but not to the point of being ok with everything they do. People post here because they care. If they didn't, they'd take everything the devs do with a grin on their face and not a worry on their mind.

Tir_na_Lia;n10181202 said:
Me too.

I dun remember when the next online tournament is scheduled to be, but I'm afraid that unless they pull a miracle it will be a bugfest with poorly cropped cards where RNG will decide the victor.

The Gwent Challenger of mid-December will look like a masterwork in comparison.

The big lol is that Open Gwent is starting in 13 days and the guys who are going to the tournement cannot simply prepare to it, and they need to send their wanted decks to the CDPR in 3 DAYS. Like wait till 10th Jan, and then you have 1 day to figure out the decks you want to play on the tournement. That is freaking unprofessional. No wonders, SuperJJ decided to quite streaming. I mean I get the upset.

Snake_Foxhounder;n10181212 said:
The lack of communication is what pisses most people of.

My guess is that CDPR had to make a last minute call to extend the season/postpone the patch because of a critical problem. I am sure they didn't make the decision lightly. Also, the devs are probably under a lot of pressure now to get things working again ASAP. I can only imagine the huge workload they have to endure at the moment.

4RM3D;n10180272 said:
[...]Everyone is complaining, but most are just doing so on principal, rather than actually being directly negatively affected by it.[...]

It is rather immature to deny someone rational thinking and empathy. It sucks for up to 1000 players and I feel them.
Regardless of those players suffering the most from this postponement, its dumb to pretend to be a high-class competitive game with a well chosen pool of players reaching the top 1000 in a season - with exclusive rewards - and a rare amount of Grandmasters - highest rank - if you extend the season further and further. Last time I had a peek on the ladder standings, close to all Top 1000 players had 4500 MMR, never happend before in gwent. And it is not a good thing, in my opinion, to water down an exclusiveness in the game like that.

ScalaReale;n10180342 said:
[C]an I just ask you honestly, what is the link between ending the season as planned and fixing the game?
I have the same question to you. You didn't answer it yet, I agree to the argument that the more casual players got more time to get there ranks (~up to 18), that hurts noone. Still it is not the point. Postponing the season start for the 4th is totally fine with me and I assume with the vast majority of players, regarding the reasoning behind it.
Still not ending the 3rd season, on the other hand is a mess especially taking the execution in account like mentioned dozens of times in this thread.

4RM3D;n10180272 said:
[...][W]e need to give CDPR a bit of slack for trying to fix things[.] [...]
I didn't see anyone complaining about CDPR needing more time to fix things. Especially because those seem to be technical issues, which is really hard and could not be predicted priorly; Like a usual patch can, balancingwise.

Klaus_Kleber;n10180432 said:
You are right, I am not directly negatively affected by it, [...] still, it is just not how to treat your player base.[...] So there are two options: 1. Let Johnny Casual not play ranked for two days and fix the really rushed patch you uploaded (which you should have tested before releasing it too early), then start a new season. [...]
100% agreed and well stressed.

Top Bottom