Ranked Play season end moved to January 10th

+
User scenia wrote it an hour ago on reddit and he's got a point.

"Calling something a beta doesn't make it a beta
. As soon as you sell content and allow meaningful competition, your players and customers will have expectations, and rightfully so. Calling the game "open beta" and expecting them to lower these expectations doesn't work. If you want to have a real open beta, don't run official tournaments with cash prizes or hand out performance-based unique in-game rewards. If you want to do those things, accept the fact there will be expectations comparable to a fully released game, and be prepared to live up to them, regardless of what you call your game."

Last edited:
So I did an interesting research to see what forums are the most upset about the delay. Descending:
English - 5 pages, the most upset (obvious)
Russian - 3 pages, people get banned
Polish - 2 pages, generally not happy
Portuguese - 1 page, neutral
French and Japanese - literally no one gives a damn
Now the most interesting part that German, Spanish and Italian forums are not even informed of the delay. Like seriously?

4RM3D;n10181332 said:
My guess is that CDPR had to make a last minute call to extend the season/postpone the patch because of a critical problem. I am sure they didn't make the decision lightly. Also, the devs are probably under a lot of pressure now to get things working again ASAP. I can only imagine the huge workload they have to endure at the moment.

You won't get an argument from me. I understand both sides here. They left the game in a "sorry" state for the holidays and coming back to that mess (both from a PR perspective and the actual game) can't be easy. Something went wrong.

But an official statement would go a long way to calming most rational fans. It's probably coming but it should have been issued right away, at least as a reddit post from Rethaz.

This whole thing could have been averted by giving the top 1000 players their rewards today and let the season continue for 2 days like they did. This is the first move from CDPR i'm completly disappointed in.

Always with the last moment changes and announcements they will do the game in if nothing else does.

Game is still pretty good and I like it, but this sort of thing is hilariously misguided and messed up.

Game worked and went along after all of the mistakes, which means they weren't catastrophic as people complained, but optics were bad and reactions were understandable if not always on point.

This won't be the end of the game, but optics again are very bad and more importantly overall optics are getting disastrous, succession of bad moves that raised hell, it will have enormous negative impact.

More than with flawed or bad decisions people are bothered by last moment announcements, that reflects really bad on CDPR.

I really want to help with suggestions, and this should be number one suggestion, stability should be main priority.

Really hope they don't mess up the rarity change by including it in this emergency update.

I gotta say... after the last patch, this looks as bad decision as could've been made at the moment. I understand that people are still working on the fix. But people played for their 1k spots... smh

Solution: top 1000 rewards (titles and frames) are awarded as planned at 12.00h. at that moment leaderboard for those reward will be used. You didn't reached top1000 as was planed - that's ok - you knew from start how much time you had.
Now we got 2 more days to play ladder but it should only affect reachin new ranks (including GM) but since top1000 is already obvious you can;t reach those top1000 special rewards. You can play for higher rank if you want too.
Every1 happy. Those in top1000 are happy cause they keep rewards and the rest 99% of playerbase is happy cause they got chance to get higher rank still if they want.
Easy.

IMO CD PROJEKT RED should give the rewards to the people who were top1000 today at 12:00. Other people still can get better ranks so everyone will be happy.

Last edited:
Kingoko;n10181922 said:
Solution: top 1000 rewards (titles and frames) are awarded as planned at 12.00h. at that moment leaderboard for those reward will be used. You didn't reached top1000 as was planed - that's ok - you knew from start how much time you had.
Now we got 2 more days to play ladder but it should only affect reachin new ranks (including GM) but since top1000 is already obvious you can;t reach those top1000 special rewards. You can play for higher rank if you want too.
Every1 happy. Those in top1000 are happy cause they keep rewards and the rest 99% of playerbase is happy cause they got chance to get higher rank still if they want.
Easy.
This.

this is extremely unprofessional. i can understand delaying the start of a new season but i don't see any possible excuse for delaying a deadline that people work very hard to make at the last second. i was sitting very safe for a top 250 and i was happy with that. now its looking like i might have to grind more during my work week. this is a big black eye for the competitive integrity of your game.

A few posts have been deleted. While I can understand this news might shock some players, please try to remain civilized (and try to add some value to the discussion).

4RM3D;n10181332 said:
My guess is that CDPR had to make a last minute call to extend the season/postpone the patch because of a critical problem.
The last time I heard, they were working on silver spies and the cards around them knowing the gwent open is just around the corner. That's a set of cards with a high penalty for failure.

That said, it is disrespectful for those who devoted time to hit top 1000 who may now have it snatched away (work commitments etc) through circumstances over which they have no control. This is a long season we're going through. Close it, let people have their presents. Just dont start the next one yet.

Last edited:
As Dandelion rightfully says in the in-game emote: "You've got no idea the mess you just made for yourself!" Applies to CDPR perfectly at this point!

4RM3D;n10178742 said:
While true, it only applies to a handful of players compared to the other 99%. Either way, there are downsides. Extending ranked play just affects the least amount of players.

Listen to the wise man.

partci;n10182802 said:
Listen to the wise man.

What is worse though? Most of the players not able to play ranked for only two days or really screwing over and disheartening players that put a lot of time into securing a certain spot?

Best solution would be to give rewards based on the season as it was supposed to end today as well as rewards based on the standings on Wednesday.

We're about to provide the 600 scraps difference to the players who crafted Arachas Queen between the patch release on Dec 19 and Dec 23, when we finished distributing the Queen to the players who had completed the challenges pre-patch. Check your scraps balance in a few hours!
source: https://twitter.com/CDPRED_Support
One problem solved, only 10 more.

I dont care about normal ladder, so it really doesnt matter to me.
Reading the commets, I can say now that the season must be ended today, as planned. It will, it would be fair. Then have 2 days, 3 days, or I dont know a month to FIX completely broken patch.

Stop pro ladder season, start it again after the "fix".
I cant play it normally, every second game something bad happens either for me, or for my opponnent.

A little off topic. Though, I dont even think they can fix something...
I see several major problems:
- coinflip (personal statistic, around 50% of my lost games was only because of coinflip, 40% was misplays or shitdraws, 10% was opponent having better/counter decks).
- op cards (multiple silver spies replay including, almost EVERY pro ladder game, every faction tries to do it, forcing me to counter it the same way)
- many many dead gold and silver (and bronze too) cards, rng leaders including
- tons of bugs, wrong card descriptions (new after the last "patch")
I am almost sure none of those major problems will be fixed. Ever...

I think to mitigate the coin flip issue the person going first(blue coin) should be given one extra mulligan i.e. 4. Just my thoughts.
Also CDPR please don't punish us by stripping up rewards for skipped ranks because that takes off the motivation to rank up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom