Ranked Play season end moved to January 10th

+
I´m a bit confused. In Trinkets, the Title and Border "Wild Hunt King" is for Position 1 - 25 in Ranked. In Rewards -> Season End, its only for position 1.

It´s the same for "Wild Hund General". Position 1-10 in Rewards and 1-100 in Trinkets.

I´m between Position 10 and 20 and wonder, if I have to go on in the Top 10 or not.

Last edited:
Moderator's reminder: There's a considerable amount of negativity here, so let's go over some ground rules for posting feedback. You may criticise CD Projekt RED's decisions, however, you must be respectful here, and consider carefully what it is you wish to say before posting. Please, keep comments constructive, if you genuinely want to help the Studio and GWENT.

Profanity, insults, and mockery of the REDs, or the moderators, will not be tolerated. With these points in mind, please, continue, but civilly. Thank you.

computersmily;n10183932 said:
I´m a bit confused. In Trinkets, the Title and Border "Wild Hunt King" is for Rank 1 - 25. In Rewards -> Season End, its only for position 1.

It´s the same for "Wild Hund General". Rank 1-10 in Rewards and 1-100 in Trinkets.

I´m between Ranked 10 and 20 and wonder, if I have to go on in the Top 10 or not.

No, it's not a rank reward. It's the position rewards

computersmily Avatars and Border rewards are preposterously distributed among the Ranks and Leveling Up, but you have different arts for Eredin, Geralt and the most of the characters.

computersmily You'll get a Zoltan after the season actually ends and rewards are distributed. You need to reach Rank 20 for Eredin (without helmet).

This makes me ask the question: if players start to skip rewards cause FORCED to because of their high Rank, does this mean a portion of players will not have access to the Zoltan, Radovid, Francesca and Calveit avatars?

I'm starting fuming here over this debacle now.

partci;n10184172 said:
computersmily You'll get a Zoltan after the season actually ends and rewards are distributed. You need to reach Rank 20 for Eredin (without helmet).

Thank you I´m already Rank 20. I mean the Positions 1-1000, 1-750, 1-500 and so on. There are different information under Trinkets and Rewards.

partci;n10184172 said:
computersmily
This makes me ask the question: if players start to skip rewards cause FORCED to because of their high Rank, does this mean a portion of players will not have access to the Zoltan, Radovid, Francesca and Calveit avatars?

You mean, Radovid is on Rank 10 and when I start on Rank 11 or higher, we will not get it? Your right, that will be a huge disappointment.

Last edited:
partci;n10184172 said:
computersmilyThis makes me ask the question: if players start to skip rewards cause FORCED to because of their high Rank, does this mean a portion of players will not have access to the Zoltan, Radovid, Francesca and Calveit avatars?

We only "skip" rewards from the ranks that we skipped in the beginning of the next season. So let's say you reached rank 20 this season. You'll get your Zoltan and Eredin + the 19 kegs, the scraps and moondust since you achieved the requirements to get those portraits as end-season rewards.

When the new season starts you'll begin with about half of your initial MMR I think. So 2125 (if you had 4250). If you had started from 0 MMR you'd get a few kegs or scraps etc for each rank you reach until 2125 MMR right? Like the 10 kegs you get for reaching GM for example. You won't get those.

So I think you are just mistaking rank-up rewards for end-season rewards. It's the rank-up rewards you miss out on because of your high rank.

This delay in the season (thus a change in the leader board's top 1,000) actually highlights the problem I have discussed before on this board about the horrible unlock system of trinkets in this game. I wish CDPR would make significant changes to the unlock system of them, and particularly avatars. Hardly anyone can get avatars that are rewards for players in the top 1,000 at season end, so why even reward avatars of whole new characters in future seasons (never mind alternative character avatars)? They can't even hand out rewards/unlocks properly under the current system as shown with this season's last minute delay.

I myself gave up trying to reach rank 20 a few days ago since the long grind never paid off for me (I felt much more misery than joy even trying to reach rank 20 due to the hopelessness), and I started my new semester in graduate school just recently. Obviously I won't get the Eredin avatar. So, other then the delay of end of season rewards like kegs, scraps, and powder, I am not really impacted by the delay of this season's end.

I've been saying this for a while now. The communication department in Gwent has got to go. Too many inadmissible errors for too much time.

Guest 4226291

4RM3D;n10178662 said:
If the choice is between taking a break or continuing ranked until the patch, then the latter is the better option. Why not give players a bit of extra time to try to reach a higher rank? More importantly, if ranked were to become unavailable for a few days, casual is going to get swamped, which negatively affects the user experience.

This is such a poor excuse. Extending the season 5 minutes before it ends is ridiculous and disrespectful to people who played for top 1000 and now will probably lose it if they don’t have time to play now. It’s pretty ridiculous honestly how you think that’s better than to let casual “get swamped” as you put it. You think that will cause a negative user experience? How about pulling this stunt which is completely unfair, disrespectful, and will screw and upset everyone who played a lot during the weekend to secure their top 1000 spot.

I’m so disgusted by this.

I don't know why I'm bothering, but what the heck, my two cents:

First of all, I've been playing since closed beta. I'm not a competitive player, I'm very laid back, and I've kept playing even when design changes left me very unhappy about the game (agile patch, archetype destruction, etc...). So, this thing doesn't affect me in the least, but I feel compelled to talk against an injustice, even if that injustice doesn't affect me. Or, more precisely, beacuse it doesn't affect me. If we want to see ourselves as a community of players, we can't ignore things like that just because we are not on the receiving end.
Having said this, I can understand that maybe there is a solid reason for taking such a controversial decision. I can understand that, maybe, that decision was the most convenient thing to do. I'm not there, I can't judge.
But this decision has been taken with total disregard for the most dedicated players, and an astonishing lack of commucation. In some sense, CDPR is living off a hard earned respect, but they will lose it if they keep doing things like this. It is not a technical problem, it is not a design problem, it is a lack of respect for the community and the players. I don't think it would very difficult to say: "we have to extend the season, but top players at the moment will be regarded/compensated when we can sort things out".

As for the moderators defending the decision:

Guys, I have the utmost respect for you, and you are totally entitled to your opinions, as people, players, and moderators, but you are coming off as apologetic. It is ok to highligth positive aspects of this decision, but a lack of criticism about an injustice gives the wrong impression to the community. It have to be possible to take a decision for the good of the majority, without being detrimental to the minority.

EternalJxx;n10184822 said:
Extending the season 5 minutes before it ends is ridiculous and disrespectful [...]

In another post I've written: Wait, I thought it was suppose to end at midnight. Well, that changes things a bit. My guess is that CDPR had to make a last minute call to extend the season/postpone the patch because of a critical problem. I am sure they didn't make the decision lightly. Also, the devs are probably under a lot of pressure now to get things working again ASAP. I can only imagine the huge workload they have to endure at the moment. But yeah, CDPR is cutting it too close.

4RM3D;n10185112 said:
In another post I've written: Wait, I thought it was suppose to end at midnight. Well, that changes things a bit. My guess is that CDPR had to make a last minute call to extend the season/postpone the patch because of a critical problem. I am sure they didn't make the decision lightly. Also, the devs are probably under a lot of pressure now to get things working again ASAP. I can only imagine the huge workload they have to endure at the moment. But yeah, CDPR is cutting it too close.

Ok, we understand but they should give those people who was on top1000 at 12pm today their rewards. Then everything would be fine. Now players, including me feel cheated. And no contact with anyone from CDPR at this time is awfull. Where is Burza now ? He should be talking to community, he is community manager but he buried his head in the sand pretending that nothing happened. Maybe he had some serious case like family or health... I don't know but otherwise - it's just showing a middle finger to community in tough/key moments. We spend money on this game and we demand certain attidue. I'm really really dissapointed, and fed up with this, it's too much lately.

Well, looking at the picture for this announcement, I think Burza knew the feedback wouldn't be very positive.

Everything that happens during the beta is a learning experience for the development and support teams. Better this kind of hiccup occur now, rather than after the game is officially released. Granted, some players are paying for kegs and meteorite, while the pro scene is already flourishing, but there is that reminder every time you launch the game indicating that we are still in the beta phase. In a way, Gwent is hampered by its own success; the game is so good, one tends to forget that it's still early days. It is not just the game itself being tested, but also how well the team can respond to changes on-the-fly, how quickly they can release hot-fixes, how to keep the community informed and involved, and much, much more. CDPR have been fairly transparent, and are clearly still facing challenges in getting all of Gwent's systems rock-solid. They continue to adapt and try new things. In any case, it has certainly been an interesting ride - one that I am happy to be a part of!

Last edited:
Top Bottom