Ranked Play season end moved to January 10th

+
PabulonZ;n10185562 said:
Ok, we understand but they should give those people who was on top1000 at 12pm today their rewards.

This has been suggested by other players too and I agree with it. It's an elegant solution. The season hasn't ended yet, so nothing is final. Let's wait and see what CDPR decides to do about this.

I have to admit I am a little surprised by the size of the backlash in this thread. I agree the developers screwed up, I agree there are consequences to a select few that are greater than the consequences to a fair number of players anxious to get their hands on hard earned rewards. However, we don't yet know whether any of the rightful top 1000 to will be displaced (much less if they won't be compensated in some way.) We also know that we will get our rewards, (just 2 days later.) I think the bigger issue is not the delay so much as it is the loss of faith that the community had for the developers. I am not a magic player, nor a hearthstone player, nor any other card game player. I came to this game because I loved the Witcher 3 (and 2, and the books) and I loved what gwent offered to the game. I admit, I see the developers going down the wrong road quite a bit in the last 2 months, (rewards specific to gog users, the create tag, rng leader in NG, cutting rewards, etc...) but I have not yet reached the point of giving up. Having said all of that I wrote this post to ask 2 questions.

1. Is it really so bad to wait 2 days for rewards if those rewards come with an update (that hopefully fixes a lot of problems,) which allows players to better utilize these rewards?

2. Developers, are you noticing just how upset the players (customers you desperately need to both buy your product and get others excited about it) are about your recent decisions. Given this can we please move away from cutting rewards and adding more luck to the game and get back to what you had been doing so well until this rough patch?

throbbing_gristle;n10179862 said:
I love how mods here desperately accept and justify every decision company makes. They accept release of unfinished patch in the middle of a season. Then they accept and justify season end delay coz devs are fixing smth.
You guys are omnivorous. GJ.

It's so obvious that is funny :p

Whole lot of picking the "lesser of two evils" going on at cdpr right now. It is a bit comforting to know that they know.

Last edited:
Just to reflect on the emotions already expressed here:

this decision has disrespectfully undermined the value of time and effort which your players had put into the ranking play to secure their spot in Top-1000.

Instead of insults, requests and demands, people need to understand that this is a BETA and they were warned that this is BETA, and everything can go wrong with it, and it can take a lot of time to fix certain stuff and CDPR is doing a great job on development of this game, so please, try to enjoy the game as it is

I can understand that.but I just want you give the top 1k players a compensate if they are not top1k on January 10th. I have a work.I have no time to keep my position.

even though i was excited AF to get back to gwent, i can surely wait 2 more days specially knowing steaming pile of bugs bending gwent's back is going away.
players should have stopped playing the patch at the state it was released and if they played along they have to be ready for any consequences this patch brought.
thank jesus our lord and savior mary and joseph i didn't spend more than 5 hours into the game after this patch got released let alone try and get into top 1k.

Last edited:
Some people are just way too salty about the last patch ... Its not perfect yet I definitely did enjoy playing it and the 2 days delay allowed me to get to rank 18 so all good for me.
I can understand how the delay can be annoying for people who did the grinding but most of them probably did enjoy playing this patch since people don't usually grind in games they don't enjoy (right?).
The negativity is not deserved imho

Guest 4021160

it was simply wonderful, community. well done. good laugh everyone, thank you. :D

I have a problem with some mega boost cards.

Vilgefortz - destroys any card in my ranks without limitation (gold, silver, bronze) and I'm going to pull a card for it. If it was at least limited to my side.

Schirrú - created scorch !? If I was just pulling him out of the bundle, I would not say anything but creating the Scorch combination and the epidemic making him the best possible card without limitation.

I understand that the skellige has revitalizers especially for ships, soldiers and the like, but it is a limitation but at least pretty well done, but why does the Nifgaart revivalist be able to pull everything out of the grave without any problems?

and finally, the Lugos Whale does not move in the first round after its introduction and in a row where nothing is good. I do not know if it was the intention but it degrades the card.

In some cases, sleeping people will not agree but these are the biggest mistakes for me. Surely there will be more.

And PS: I do not have a score in the top 1000 but people are right you had to freeze them and let others play around. They sacrificed the time to get there, and through the labor crunch they have little chance of defending their positions.

You can delay the patch and the new season all you want, but at least have some respect for the top 1000 player and give us the rewards we deserve. DESERVE

Come on guys. That's not the way to go about it. It's not like you figured out at the last moment that there could be a delay. You should have told people earlier. Surprise moves are never good in this industry, I thought you have learned that after midwinter update. You opened a PTR server seemingly to test new features and card interactions and just after that you hit everyone with the midwinter update. People had their decks pretty much tuned, we had a stable meta, everything was going smoothly. People were happy and pumped. PTR server could have revealed all the bugs and gave you time to fix them, no drama. But no. You decided to push the update without any heads-up, pushing holiday bags of kegs with seemingly lowered drop rates and releasing a game full of bugs and balance issues. Mid season.

My humble suggestion: give people a week's notice before every patch, every new feature, every delay, every event, etc. People will appreciate that. I know I will.

Was this move necessary? I don't think so. We all know that meta isn't balanced. We all know the game is full of bugs. People are sick of it. It took a while to get a response from the developers, but it's not the kind of response people wanted. I think the season should have ended as scheduled and if you needed a bit more time to release a patch, then you should have pushed the start of a new season to 11th, allowing three days without the ranked ladder. I think it wouldn't cause as many complains.

The toughest job ahead of you now is regaining the trust of the community. Please, hire some people to help Burza and listen, actually listen to what people say. And let them know that you listen. Nobody in the community wanted this meta to last two days longer, nobody expected it, there was a fundamental lack of communication between you, the developers, and us, the players. There were tons of suggestions in the forums and rarely any reply from your representatives. I'm one of the players that used to support you, even though I had some gripes with the game, I was buying kegs and tried to post my suggestions, but I have no more incentive for it. Did somebody read them? I have no way of knowing, because no one from your team is replying. Sometimes it feels like talking to the wall. Please, learn from this. Good luck.

Last edited:

Guest 4021160

Kingoko;n10187302 said:
Fine, just fix existing problems and try not to do identical mistake in future :)

That is good attitude! This kind of attitude will bring success to its owner.

Top Bottom