Ranked Play season end moved to January 10th

+
Why don't CDPR just end the season now?
For example in League of Legends there is Pre-Season exactly because of this (to get time to balance/bugfix the game before season starts).

People want their rewards. Just freeze the ranks and hand out rewards, and do not start the new season until you are ready. Please.
Problem solved?

About the excuse several ppl have mentioned, saying that this is still beta, I can agree with that in the case of "normal" betas - taking course over a small period of months.

However this is not the case of gwent beta which has been in Beta status (either closed or open) for more than a year now. Its development has been dragged for a incredible amount of time, leading to interest fading out and erosion of the player base. This for me was the biggest error CDPR made.

For all intents and purposes the game has been release to anyone who want it for more than 10 months. How can you still slap that "oh its ok, its still beta" excuse boggles me. You just cant have a competitive ranked environment and pro scene in a regular beta. Thats just stupid. They're contradicting themselves.

And I seriously doubt that player base would peak higher than it has during the beta after the "official" launch, specially with the amount of fuck ups they're making.

Last edited:
Burza46;n10187142 said:
I just wanted to add: we don't want move forward until we are sure everything is working properly and is fixed.

This seems really odd to me considering you started a new pro-ladder season in the current patch. That seems backwards to me. Pro-ladder should be the game type that's protected from unstable patches. Due to the mmr system differences alone ranked is more resilient to broken metas than pro-ladder.

Hey, cut the guys some slack, I also wanted to see my rewards by now, but its not like the Kegs will rot away when we wait 2 days longer ^^

Guest 4021160

el_Bosco;n10190202 said:
<...> the case of gwent beta which has been in Beta status (either closed or open) for more than a year now. Its development has been dragged for a incredible amount of time, leading to interest fading out and erosion of the player base. <...>

can you show me where is it written that beta shouldn't last for more than a year? 2 years? 5 years? 10 decades?

Karolis.petrikas;n10191212 said:
can you show me where is it written that beta shouldn't last for more than a year? 2 years? 5 years? 10 decades?

It's not written anywhere. It doesn't mean it's good for the Gwent.
Beta is often used as an easy excuse.

User scenia wrote it on reddit and he's got a point.

"Calling something a beta doesn't make it a beta
. As soon as you sell content and allow meaningful competition, your players and customers will have expectations, and rightfully so. Calling the game "open beta" and expecting them to lower these expectations doesn't work. If you want to have a real open beta, don't run official tournaments with cash prizes or hand out performance-based unique in-game rewards. If you want to do those things, accept the fact there will be expectations comparable to a fully released game, and be prepared to live up to them, regardless of what you call your game."

I cant show you as they never said anything about it. I'm talking about my personal experience regarding this whole beta process. I've started playing in early CB and 90% of my 3000+ games were played in the CB and early OB simply because i felt the game stalled. I got fed up. And the game isnt officially released YET.

And as slow_cheeetah said, this is a travesti of a beta just as PUBG beta was not a beta. Gwent was released as soon as it entered Open beta with hundreds of thousands of players.

They've rushed Open Beta. Closed beta was the real beta. The development was too slow afterwards and the game is out for more than 1 year and we're still witnessing these incredible changes to the core game.

So i get the question back to you Karolis.petrikas : in what time frame were you expecting the full "official" release of the game? As we cant see with the amount of delays (such as the campaign) i honestly cant believe the game will be officially released until the last trimester of this year.

Last edited:
Karolis.petrikas;n10191212 said:
Can you show me where is it written that beta shouldn't last for more than a year? 2 years? 5 years? 10 decades?

There you go => "BETA shouldn't last for more than a year, 2 years, 5 years and definitely not for 10 decades." - MaroonJack, 2018

Don't quote me on that, though :)

On a more serious note, I think that wasn't the point. BETA can last as long as it needs to, but that's irrelevant, because for all intents and purposes Gwent is now a full-fledged game carrying a BETA label. Attract a global player base? Check. Generate a steady income? Check. Establish itself as an eSport? Check.

The fact that some players pay for it and the fact that it has official championship means that it separates itself sharply from other BETA-games. It's all good, but hiding behind "this is still BETA" isn't a good reply to people's complains. Most don't pay a dime for it, but they invest their time in the game and in the community, building decks, competing, offering suggestions and support. Then there are tons of people paying for kegs. Both suffer when CDPR makes a step back and both should be treated with respect, not dismissed with a simple "it's still BETA". And to be fair it's not CDPR's excuse as it's mostly brought up by the fans, but it's still worth pointing out that this argument has little validity.

The player base is here. We have arrived and we want to love the game. Most of us, myself included, still think it's the finest online CCG, but we want it to be better, we want it to be awesome. We expect it to be Witcher-style awesome. Gritty, stylish and strategic. And we want CDPR to succeed, but we also have the right to voice our grievances and be treated as customers. Because that's who we are. That's why "this is still BETA" doesn't cut it anymore. Reds used to be good with treating players with respect, but I feel this sentiment is fading on both sides. I hope they'll up their game, because while I believe they are the best company in the gaming industry, the times of trust and confidence in CDPR are pretty much over. Which can be a good thing if they try to rebuild it, or disastrous if they take it for granted.

Guest 4021160

But you guys DO realise, that there are over 200K opinions and wishes and its impossible to follow each one of them unless you're a damn Santa....
How would you feel if you were you're trying to finish a project and 2 of your team member are contradicting each other every step of the way. TWO! now multiply by 100K.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4021160

MaroonJack;n10191752 said:
The fact that some players pay for it and the fact that it has official championship means that it separates itself sharply from other BETA-games. It's all good, but hiding behind "this is still BETA" isn't a good reply to people's complains.

Show me the official statement from CDPR stating anything in vicinity of "sorry guys we're still in beta". I dare you.

MODERATORS ARE NOT CDPR. It has been said many many times by moderators themselves. and I can QUOTE that.

Karolis.petrikas;n10192642 said:
MODERATORS ARE NOT CDPR. It has been said many many times by moderators themselves.

This is true.

But now, please calm down with the argument; it's getting just a bit too heated.

Guest 4021160

RidiculousName;n10192672 said:
This is true.

But now, please calm down with the argument; it's getting just a bit too heated.

ok, calming down.

RosariasFinger;n10192742 said:
Hi, can ask if one of the issues is with Farseer not applying her boost. I thought I had seen it happen a few times, but it was clear to me yday. I and my opponent both played Dragoons followed by Farseer, mine boosting on the first turn I played her, his not till the 3rd turn. I don't have video but took a screen shot of the board where you can see he's playing a 3rd unit, a turn after dropping Farseer and yet she has no boost, I had only dropped the same 2 cards and received mine.

Depends on the positioning of the two units.

partci;n10192842 said:
Depends on the positioning of the two units.

Thank you mate, mod moved my post and gave me a similar answer. That is exactly what it was.
I had no idea about that, though I can remember Varti Vidya (who is the youtuber that brought me here) saying while you can play them to any row it was better to play them to specific rows. This must be an example of that. Have a lot to learn still.

Karolis.petrikas;n10192642 said:
Show me the official statement from CDPR stating anything in vicinity of "sorry guys we're still in beta". I dare you.

I personally never attacked CDPR regarding this. Its not they who are using that excuse.

slow_cheeetah;n10191292 said:
It's not written anywhere. It doesn't mean it's good for the Gwent.
Beta is often used as an easy excuse.

User scenia wrote it on reddit and he's got a point.

"Calling something a beta doesn't make it a beta
. As soon as you sell content and allow meaningful competition, your players and customers will have expectations, and rightfully so. Calling the game "open beta" and expecting them to lower these expectations doesn't work. If you want to have a real open beta, don't run official tournaments with cash prizes or hand out performance-based unique in-game rewards. If you want to do those things, accept the fact there will be expectations comparable to a fully released game, and be prepared to live up to them, regardless of what you call your game."

As strange as it might sound, I don't really agree with that.
Game developpers can do whatever they want with their game. If they want to make some official tournaments out of a non released game that's up to them.

The way I see things, CDPR wait before releasing their game because they're still not completely sure where they want it to be (you can clearly see that by the major changes they keep doing to the core of the game after more than a year now) so we're still very much in Beta.
It's funny because peoples are complaining about the game changing all the time and then claim it's not in Beta anymore...To me it clearly seem like the game is not finished and CDPR are still not sure what it's gonna look like at the end.

It doesn't mean we can't have any expectation about the game nor it means they can screw up as much as they so desire, after a year of developpment, Beta or not, players has the right to expect a certain level of advancement. The "we're still in Beta" argument doesn't excuse everything but we're still in Beta and this is something we can't ignore either.

I do, personally, respect this way of doing (keeping the game in Beta so everyone knows some "unpleasant" things can happen because the game is still in a state where CDPR are experimenting things) rather than some companies (which I'm not gonna mention but the name start with a U and ends with a T and they created a very popular series involving assassins through different period of history wink wink) who release a game, sale it at full price and never come back to it, leaving the players with messed up servers and buged/unballanced game mechanics after the game is "fully" done.

Last edited:
They could just give everyone who played ranked matches this season all of this season's avatars and some other trinkets rewards for... compensation for the delay. No? Really? Okay. No Eredin or the cool alternative Geralt avatar with their current unlock system of trinkets for me. Feelsbadman.

honestly I think "Beta" ends when the devs say it ends, and that's it. until then, we are all just testers.

in the meanwhile, even high prize tournaments are just tests. they test if it works so that everything can go flawlessly when it's real. if it goes well during beta too, well that's a success. but until then, the competitors really are just testers of the tournament system.

if anyone has a problem with that, they should just wait until Beta is over.

Top Bottom