Patch and Premium Keg Weekend are now live

+
Is there an update to change current curses in the near future? I want to buy cards for scraps but I am afraid that the functionality of the cards I buy will be overwhelmed and the cards will be useless as I have already done.
Thank you for the info.

Lyserus;n10216342 said:
So...no balance even when dwarf deck occupies 40% population?

I'm seriously worry about open#3 now

I'm not satisfied with the patch as well although CDPR is generous with the rewards. They didn't kill stupid NG handbuffing with Mandrake for example which you can only counter with certain cards/factions. Gameplay should be much more skill-rewarding overall.

soph912;n10217192 said:
I'm not satisfied with the patch as well although CDPR is generous with the rewards. They didn't kill stupid NG handbuffing with Mandrake for example which you can only counter with certain cards/factions. Gameplay should be much more skill-rewarding overall.

For sure this is disappointing when you don't have the cards to counter the Spotter handbuff. Let's wait for the next hotfix that is comming soon.

Thank you for not completely changing the game! :D I like the change with the spies being taken out of the Create mechanic. It seems fair :)
Also PREMIUM CARDS ANYONE? I'm so buying kegs this weekend. Incidentally, I get paid Friday, because Monday is a bank holiday, YAS! :D

I have faith they will fix NG in general at some time. I honestly think the whole deck needs scrapped or reworked. Every deck feels cheap to play against. At least make spies doomed..

in other words though I think cdpr had been working overtime to get the patch out.. Premium keg weekend is cool but only if it's a one time thing for beta players who played early. I love premiums and have been saving my powder just in case I pull something.. Glad I been saving it now.. We don't want premium eco system ruined...

Either way this was a cool move to help the anger many players had.. They could have had it launch after everyone opened their kegs.. Next patch hopefully will nerf NG and Dwarves as well as fix 50 point double tremors.. 25 point bronze spotters.. Spy spam.. Another 50 point swing I've seen lately is Leo draining 2 units then being destroyed next card. Just feels cheap to lose that many points in 2 cards.

This was a great hot fix though.

My Silver Unit Vreemd has been changed into a gold deck leader card. I dont see anything about that in the patch notes.

Last edited:
They still didn't fix the problem with the FORFEIT option..............sometimes you don't get any rewards for a round you won and NO experience points. And what's up with the STOP SEARCHING button...sometimes it doesn't work and you have to do a CTRL-ALT-DELETE to close the game ans start over.

I selected Casual Match and started a search for an opponent.......After 15 minutes of searching..........I hit the Stop Searching button and nothing happened..............had to close the game and restart it...........same problem again.

Now I can't even find an opponent in Casual or Ranked.

Seems the latest FIX just caused more problems.

Last edited:
Did you guys get the season rewards and the rewards for your new rank? I'm rank 12 after the reset, but only got the season end rewards.

swasnong;n10219392 said:
Did you guys get the season rewards and the rewards for your new rank? I'm rank 12 after the reset, but only got the season end rewards.

That's the new system in effect. From an older news post:

What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped.

gr8horned1;n10219242 said:
. And what's up with the STOP SEARCHING button...sometimes it doesn't work and you have to do a CTRL-ALT-DELETE to close the game ans start over.

I selected Casual Match and started a search for an opponent.......After 15 minutes of searching..........I hit the Stop Searching button and nothing happened..............had to close the game and restart it...........same problem again.

Had this problem as well.:facepalm:

well, I must say it.. Rewards for leveling and season are ridiculous.. in a bad way.. if I could, I would hit them with rolled newspaper.. Bad CDPR, bad.. even if they gave us premium, I dont see thsi making up for bad rewards..

I don't understand... So i'll ask again... I just started my ranked games, i climbed 2 rankings already and i haven't gotten any rewards from the rank climb i did nor from the skipped ranks. I tried reading through the forums posts someone linked up there, and i couldn't find ny explanation about this. Am i missing something? And if so... Can anyone please tell me what to do instead of linking another forum post given i really need an answer. Thanks in advance for your help.

I read about so many game breaking bugs, that I think I wait with the ranked play until the next patch. I've seen a board full with Slave Drivers, Isengrim:Outlaw created 3 (!) Silver Units, Vilgerortz pulls Roach from the deck...

RidiculousName;n10219432 said:
What’s more, at the start of a new season players will no longer automatically receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped.
Does it mean we won't get the rewards from the skipped ranks ever? :'(

gammacommander, I have ranked up 3 times and got all my rewards. They patched out the ability to get the rewards for skipped ranks, not new ranks. You should leave a post in the tech support section (they may be able to give you rewards that you didn't get because of a glitch,) and report the bug (hopefully this does not keep happening.)

On an unrelated note, I get cutting rewards in half on the premise that everyone will spend the time to rank up twice (once per month.) What I hate, is that they raised the point requirements on 20 and 21 to 4400 and 4800 respectively while giving us less time to achieve the ranks. Between netdecks, coinflips, and losing penalties it takes a really long time to reach those ranks on the 2 month season, but on the one month season it just seems silly. This is made even worse when you consider that the pro ladder is entirely separate from the ranked ladder and the number of games required to get up to those ranks was already too high.

Finally, it is worth noting that by rounding down on the rewards (for example you get 2,3,3 barrels instead of 5,6,7 as rank up rewards,) they actually cut rewards by more than half while also removing the rewards that players were getting for skipped ranks. This combined with cutting the season end rewards in half is highly punitive to the casual player (1-2 hours per day at most) and makes it significantly harder for even the 3-4 hour per day players to keep up with the hardcore players. When you reinforce these gaps, you make it that much harder for non hardcore players to compete and thus provide them less incentive to buy your products or even play your game. There is a solution which can be done in 3 very easy steps.

1. Make pro ladder a reward for rank 22 (5000 points.) This will get the players who really care about the pro ladder out of the way of the players who don't.

2. Reduce the losing match penalty (for all ranks under 21,) so that people who cannot play more than a few hours a day can use something other than net decks. It reduces the grind and gives more freedom with deck building (and it gives pro ladder players a chance to get back to 21 for reward more quickly.)

3. Fix coinflip so that it does not have such a huge impact on wins and losses. I doubt you can find one experienced player on this board who will say they are not at least 30% more likely to win the match if they don't have to play first. There are plenty of suggestions in the suggestion board on how to do this (give extra mulligans or set the person who starts round 1 as the person who doesn't start round 3 are my suggestions.)

Premium kegs ??? Looks insanely good!!!

But...

But problems were not solved
1) bugs - still there are. GAME BREAKING.
First game - no rewards after match
Second game - restarted the game after never-ending searching for worthy opponent
Third game - no rewards after my opponent used forfeit in round 1, he made mistakes counting score and was 3 cards behind me.
4th game - connection lost, trying to reconnect, forever.
IS THIS A PATCH OR WHAT???

Top Bottom