[UPDATED] Faction Challenge is back!

+
Perfect, this is very healthy for the challenge in my opinion! Now people can just dupport their favorite faction and be sure to get the border they want.

​​​​​Now all we need is a win count. I'm worried that some of my wins might not count. Forfeits by the opponent, disconnects by the opponent etc. all count as wins, right?

TheNotoriousThree;n10335322 said:
Perfect, this is very healthy for the challenge in my opinion! Now people can just dupport their favorite faction and be sure to get the border they want.

​​​​​Now all we need is a win count. I'm worried that some of my wins might not count. Forfeits by the opponent, disconnects by the opponent etc. all count as wins, right?

From what I can tell, first round diconnect/forfeits never count for anything but dailies... which sucks. I can understand not crediting quests for disco's but a keyed forfeit is a loss IMO.
TL;DR
if the "good game" option comes up, you get credit (I think)

I've been to matches where the opponent or I forfeited right before the last card and it still didn't come up. While sometimes it comes up in disconnects

Void_Singer;n10337302 said:
From what I can tell, first round diconnect/forfeits never count for anything but dailies... which sucks. I can understand not crediting quests for disco's but a keyed forfeit is a loss IMO.
TL;DR

I'll make sure to get more than 30 wins then, just to make sure. Another reason to further support my faction. Thank you.

ser2440;n10337412 said:
I've been to matches where the opponent or I forfeited right before the last card and it still didn't come up. While sometimes it comes up in disconnects

That is weird... so far the only time I've seen the GG button appear on a fist round disco is when you get the disco before the vs screen loads. don't think I've ever not seen it on a R2+ forfeit, but I don't think I've been playing near as long as you

One quick question : do victories by forfeit actually count ? If an opponent forfeits, it's not counted as a victory for the daily quests (this is wrong BTW) so I wondered if the same problem applied here. If so, I have a lot less win that I think I have : I've faced a lot of cowards who just run at the sight of my awesomeness lately :cool:;)

For D/C or forfeit to count as wins (aka gg appearing):
1) the game has to move to round 2 or 3
2) both players must play at least 1 card

soph912;n10325842 said:
No. I'm not. Alchemy is not that good at all. It can't deal with swarm decks. Viper Witchers are utter useless there and slave drivers are generally quite bad against monsters. They are good in the mirror and against ST, except for spellscoia.

Oh really? Monsters OP vs NG? Again? I guess you don't have sweers in your deck, drop out the deck 2 to 3, to 8 cards at once on some decks.

I do expect a nerf on sweers next update, just to start with something. Limited 2 cards discard.

Ic3Purple;n10348942 said:
Oh really? Monsters OP vs NG? Again? I guess you don't have sweers in your deck, drop out the deck 2 to 3, to 8 cards at once on some decks...

You do realize that Sweers is "broken" and drops 4-6-8 units in the graveyard just because there is a BRONZE unit that creates a certain amount of copies of the said card in your decks, do yo?

partci;n10349042 said:
You do realize that Sweers is "broken" and drops 4-6-8 units in the graveyard just because there is a BRONZE unit that creates a certain amount of copies of the said card in your decks, do yo?

Exactly, so how was your statement of OP monsters?

The monster player has to engines about 5 to 6 cards, while the NG with 1 card destroys everything at once.

And is not only the case of Consume decks, if you decoy sweers on the hybryd frost/moon deck as well, you just gave insta lose on the 2 viable Monster decks of the meta.

Again, how you dare saying monster are OP?

Last edited:
Ic3Purple;n10349652 said:

The monster player has to engines about 5 to 6 cards, while the NG with 1 card destroys everything at once.

Please, show me where I used OP, but not broken?

Sweers is a Silver card that can shut down a Bronze cards (abuse) strategy. And that Silver is high risk - high reward, cause if you don't draw it on time against that said deck - you're screwed. If you hit thin air - it's vanilla 9 in your Silvers slot.

Everything should have a counter in this game and Sweers is just one of the counters against the mindless Nekker spam.

Also, I don't know for how long are you playing the game, but this is the first meta that I remember for over a year, where Sweers is actually a thing and sees play. Ask yourself why this happen in this meta all of a sudden.

partci;n10350042 said:
Please, show me where I used OP, but not broken?

Sweers is a Silver card that can shut down a Bronze cards (abuse) strategy. And that Silver is high risk - high reward, cause if you don't draw it on time against that said deck - you're screwed. If you hit thin air - it's vanilla 9 in your Silvers slot.

Everything should have a counter in this game and Sweers is just one of the counters against the mindless Nekker spam.

Also, I don't know for how long are you playing the game, but this is the first meta that I remember for over a year, where Sweers is actually a thing and sees play. Ask yourself why this happen in this meta all of a sudden.

There was a NG guy earlier that quoted me saying Monsters are OP, NG bla bla bla. Mistaken you for him.

However, first you say it is a broken card, now you claim it is legit. WoW

I don't have anything to counter in any monster deck as powerful as sweers faction based. I can only pray he doesnt run him, or draw.

Gwent is a cool game, featuring brilliant ideas and mechanics, but a disaster when it comes to balance.

If I got 30+ wins with both factions (but one faction has more wins than the other), do I get both borders? And what happens, when I have the same victories Nilfgaard and Monsters factions?

Last edited:
Don_Martynus;n10353172 said:
If I got 30+ wins with both factions (but one faction has more wins than the other), do I get both borders? And what happens, when I have the same victories Nilfgaard and Monsters factions?

In both cases you'll get the border of the winning faction, as well as 100 Meteorite Powder.

So there's no way to get both borders, right? Either you get the winning faction's border or the losing one, am I right? Because I was trying to get 30 wins with monsters just for the border, even tho I contributed more to the Empire's cause.

Theodrik;n10353502 said:
So there's no way to get both borders, right? Either you get the winning faction's border or the losing one, am I right? Because I was trying to get 30 wins with monsters just for the border, even tho I contributed more to the Empire's cause.

At the moment it certainly looks like you won't be able to get both borders from this event, that is correct.

Ic3Purple;n10349652 said:

And is not only the case of Consume decks, if you decoy sweers on the hybryd frost/moon deck as well, you just gave insta lose on the 2 viable Monster decks of the meta.

It's the Forktail which is ridiculously OP. With the Forktail you make up to 40 points in one turn with a bronze card. It's a bad joke!

Sweers is not always available.

Top Bottom