Ranked Play season ending soon!

+
The cursed deck only using beastmaster and ressurrections to get big marauders is probably the most boring deck in gwent history. Beastmaster is a horrible designed card, just 12 points + additonal cursed synergy. The principle of cards like marauders is the following: Your playing towards a certain aim (in this case trying to get many cursed and/or damaged units on the board) and then you can profit of it. Having some cards like this in the game is generally a good thing, but in this case there is a big problem: You're just spamming beastmasters on the board and that's it: no self wounding, not playing any interactive cards like raging berserkers, which require further actions to get the maximum value out of it (12 points like beastmaster, ridiculous!). That's horrible gameplay....and why are they even cursed? I mean, they are just bloody ordinary bears....

mli_dragon;n10409322 said:
Just reached 4300 mmr (a total of 200 matches and it's been so tiring,) and my last dozen matches were all against dorf decks and occasionally consume. I am using a SK curse deck since it is a better alt against the dorf meta.

Same here, just took rank 20 and I am currently #2336 worldwide. There were much more players before, I remember barely hitting top 5k when I reached rank 20 before.

And the most competitive SK deck (cursed bears) is so boring to play. QG, discard skellige, self-wound, ships, and even veterans were so much more fun. But alas, you have to fight fire with fire. Spitting out more points ftw!

Just if anyone interested, it took me 111 ranked games in this season: 78 - 32 - 1. I played mostly NG and SK.

Esmer;n10413112 said:
Same here, just took rank 20 and I am currently #2336 worldwide. There were much more players before, I remember barely hitting top 5k when I reached rank 20 before.

And the most competitive SK deck (cursed bears) is so boring to play. QG, discard skellige, self-wound, ships, and even veterans were so much more fun. But alas, you have to fight fire with fire. Spitting out more points ftw!

Just if anyone interested, it took me 111 ranked games in this season: 78 - 32 - 1. I played mostly NG and SK.

I think I was about 6.5k when I reached rank 20 last season, reached it two days ago and I was 1.4k. At this rate it is possible for one to get top 1000 without even getting close to rank 21 which iwas definitely not the case last season.

Voyagers;n10413352 said:
I think I was about 6.5k when I reached rank 20 last season, reached it two days ago and I was 1.4k. At this rate it is possible for one to get top 1000 without even getting close to rank 21 which iwas definitely not the case last season.

Yep, there are currently ~60 people above 4500. And less than 2500 at 4250 or above.

I got to 4300 and I am already 1300-ish.

I really hope CDPR will make seasons longer again or at least tweak MMR gain as they originally promised.

If they keep bears cursed, i quit the game and there wont be any more compliants.
the cursed SK was imune to weather because of this OP cards, they dont need to use armorsmith anymore.

So far browsing around the forums I've seen you complain about spies, Dwarves, Cursed decks, Bears and possibly, if I recall correctly, Nekkers, always using the same arguments.
Tell me is there anything that you enjoy? While I agree with you that a lot of these are problematic, I've never seen some actual arguments as to why coming from you.

This is not meant to be a post in any agitating manner or meant to incite a dispute, just genuinely curious. What do you even play?

ser2440;n10414392 said:
What do you even play?

He plays NR, obviously :F

But really, this is ridiculous. As soon as I reached 4300 MMR, it's Eithne after Eithne after Eithne after Eithne. I am not even mad about losing coin flip like 8 times in a row. However, playing against the same deck again and again is very sad.

TV_JayArr;n10392812 said:
This is simply a lie if you refer to the top 1000. I can't check it right now, but I don't recall any of them having a win rate close to or even lower than 50%, except of that guy that played 1000 games with about 450-550 record.

Your right, I was actually half asleep. For some odd reason wasn't thinking total games. Also i wasn't referring to top 1000, i just did a quick scan of top 10. They were all somewhat close to 50% if memory serves me right though.
As far as the rank rewards, personally I dont care if only top 1000 get something and no one else. I was just offering a compromise for all those demanding they deserved something

Hey guys . How is meta now? Dwarfs and bears and ng only? I am rank 19 and wish to push for rank 20 and i want to know what deck should i make. Last time i made a nekker deck but was not always viable and sometimes i made some mistakes because greed for more nekker copies etc. Now i want ng reveal ciri mova deck to try or to make elves with ciri nova

Once again, almost secured a place at top 1000. But apparently, blue coin hates me today slightly more than usual. Eh, RIP border that would compliment Regis avatar.

Dominika;n10388272 said:

Current Ranked Play season will end on February 7th at 1 PM CET which means you have 5 more days to rank up!

End of the season rewards will be distributed the next day (February 8th), together with the balance patch and start of a new season.
Wait for reward :3

Wow last 1 hour was crazy. I was placed 1007 10 min before season end. I won last game and placed 530 or so lol. Nice jump, so many players was in that bracket with similiar points.

In contrast to all the negative comments - I thoroughly enjoyed this season.
I only started playing Gwent like a week ago and every time I hit a bump in the road while climbing through the ranks, I reflected, adjusted strategies and kept on climbing.
Since I don't have the resources for net decking, I need to make due with what I have (which seems plentyfull thanks to the generous reward system).
Though what I adore the most about this game: So far, there has scarcely been a game I lost after which I could not point to some mistakes I made, which clearly cost me the game. My losses were on me and not some random numbers generator.
Gwent is clearly the most skill intensive card game I have ever played and I thrive in the challenge.
Dear CD Project - keep up the good work.

PS: When there are over a 100,000 people competing for Top 1000 prices (or even just Top 100 or Top 25), needless to say there will be grind. Though given the comparatively negligible element of luck in Gwent (I regularly have access to all cards in my deck throughout the course of the game) you could also say - What you lack in skill you need to make up for in time. Or vice versa.

Last edited:
twinkiegorilla;n10419252 said:
So it says what time the season ends (in CET time), but when does the next begin exactly?

Yar. I meant what time specifically, but I just noticed the counter in game so...derp on me.

twinkiegorilla;n10419252 said:
So it says what time the season ends (in CET time), but when does the next begin exactly?
Noon/afternoon (CET), I suppose; If that is a more satisfying answer.

Disclaimer: This is by no means to be understand as insult/offense and I don't want to impair your fun with the game or something in that direction, I just felt like responding to your post right now.

Rakdull;n10418382 said:
[...]Though what I adore the most about this game: So far, there has scarcely been a game I lost after which I could not point to some mistakes I made, which clearly cost me the game. My losses were on me and not some random numbers generator.[...]

This is what I would've signed a year ago/ 9 or 7 months ago. With the addition of knowing why you lost/won a game - not necessarily mistakes/misdecisions on the highest level.
You would've genuinely loved gwent as it was the time I made aquaintance with it.
Most of the negativity - verbalized kindly, abusive, clumsy, or how ever - is to be seen relatively.
If I say: "The gwent you started playing is boring, plain, uninspired, doesn't require skill, .etc." I say that because that's what it looks and feels like to me. I don't have the ability to get to know gwent the first time in this state - and I don't want to, but that is probably because I am biased, because I participated on the trip from pretty much the first hours of the standalone version - thus I can't really judge if I would say/feel the same about the game right now, like you do. I saw a lot of positive feedback from newer players in the last weeks and I couldn't sympathize with anything they said at all.
How you describe the game although goes along with a short form of my perception before gwent lost more and more of what I loved and lost complexity left and rigt.
Gwent became a disgraceful travesty of it's concept and the essence that was presented to me and the earlier player base. I'm not willing to open up everything that was already discussed and I don't reject that this game can recover. Having that an imbalanced patch for about 2 months tho, is too big of a thing for me to dismiss this as an ignorable exception/misstep.

What we need is a clear vision being propsed and explained to us. To mention one example towards this, it took about 4 months to admit that every card is going to be agile and it started with a 'Don't worry we got something in mind', to justify why they made so much units agile at first. The masterplan was to make everything agile and a couple of months later to add a row limit of 9 - that's nothing elsse than disrespectful.
I miss honesty, the decency to state that the developing plan is to make every unit agile, the courage to say so knowing that not everybody likes that and there will be a loud, insulting mob (personally) attacking CDPR or specific members verbally - That is the internet, it is sad but it is still what you need to cope when you act publicly anyhow - along with players welcoming the change and players disliking it and verbalizing their disapproval with manners. Everything is easier to take with a reason behind it. Explain what you got in mind and consider the communities opinions, that they can comment well-founded, because you expressed your thoughts and one can argue about different opinions/views/understandings to several matters.

Rakdull;n10418382 said:
[...]When there are over a 100,000 people competing for Top 1000 prices (or even just Top 100 or Top 25), needless to say there will be grind.[...]
Don't know how you came to this number. It is most likely less than 5,000 players. Wanting/Desiring an avatar/border/rewards, is not the same as competing for them.
If the intention is to weaken the justifiability of the disapproval towards the curent MMR distribution/season lengths. Just to explain it to you, seasons used to be 2 moths long, they turned to be 1 month long with the today ceased season being the first of them. The MMR distribution didn't change noticeable as a reaction to halving the length of the season - I think they did so midseason, no confirmation on that tho - and the rank-up rewards were halved in addition to start of the season rewards being cut entirely - This got altered afterwards - while stating that ranking up will be faster due to having 1 mont less time to rankup in a season.

Top Bottom