Ranked Play season ending soon!

+
Moderator: One post deleted. We realise people are disappointed, and others may feel inclined to criticise these complaints, however, everyone, please, be respectful. There is no need for name-calling, or other impolite behaviour. Thank you.

Crazyfisting;n10431132 said:
I think people on here are just trolling for the sake of trolling. Isn’t it better to get things working properly first rather than keeping to their promise of a new patch today. We are only talking about 1 day more and you can bet your bottom dollar they will be working hammer and tong to get it ready for tomorrow. I think the people criticising on here are being a bit melodramatic to be honest. I understand that it’s disappointing, but hold off on the heavy handed profanities and trolling will you?! When was the last time you did coding for a game of this size etc?! Games get postponed all the time...I’m sure it’s not on purpose just to annoy you.

I think nobody really criticizes that to be honest. If they need more time to release a working patch, then they shall take the time they need. What annoys me the most about this is how (again) the communication of this was handled.

After the major communication disaster at last seasons end, announcing that the season is not going to end until 10 minutes before it was supposed to, you would expect that they have learnt from that. But no, not a single update until well into the afternoon. Maybe I am totally ignorant about the whole process, but I suppose they knew the patch will not be ready for release two or three hours before the planned release? It is just purely unprofessional and I expected more from CDPR.

Just a simple message would have sufficed imho. But no, they didn't even manage to do that.

Fanbase gets the word out about a new game and bring their friends into it... I'm afraid these repeated communications missapps are going to thin the base... If you want to sell something, even if it's not a perfect product, you've got to be good at communicating about it. And that's not happening here.

iseeitake;n10432152 said:
This game is initially FREE and is in BETA. People need to stop acting like a victim.

LOL^n... If it's FREE, why do we pay for kegs then?

The BETA excuse is long dead, yet some won't stop to try to resurrect it. It died as soon as they started collecting money and organizing tournaments with real world currency prizes... And, at least I personally, pitty such a business where the customer is treated like a little stupid dirt, obliged to pay, shut up & march on. Ya know, customers have expectations. When them businessmen fail to meet them, he might live to the day he will have no customers anymore, because they moved to someone else, who treats them - well, when not better, then at least F*A*I*R.

Klaus_Kleber;n10432262 said:
Maybe I am totally ignorant about the whole process, but I suppose they knew the patch will not be ready for release two or three hours before the planned release? It is just purely unprofessional and I expected more from CDPR.
Although I cannot speak for CDPR, I will step in here and make a comment as an observer. The following is my personal opinion:
From my experience, I've the impression that the RED Team works very hard to deliver their games, and often goes beyond what one might expect, or even realise, despite many complex, unforeseen technical difficulties and deadlines along the way.

Earlier, Burza46 posted the following message on Twitter:
The whole team was working hard all day and after hours to fix some critical issues. We will resume tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!
At a guess, I would say these issues most probably arose unexpectedly, and the crew tried their best to resolve them before the scheduled release. They may have hoped to still correct them in time, and afterwards pressed on, in hopes to make it at least later the same day. If I know anything of the REDs, I would expect they gave it a valiant effort. From what I have read, it is not unusual for the Team to keep working long after hours to complete projects. However, there is only so much they can do in a day -- that is true of all humans -- and, as much as it may distress the Community, preparing comprehensive official statements of any kind can take a surprising amount of time and energy, which can distract from other work. Therefore, perhaps, when faced with the choice of continuing to fix things, and responding to players' anxieties, they chose the dedicate themselves to addressing the technical issues, in a continued effort to reduce additional delays.

Recently I have noticed several criticisms and complaints that CDPR has behaved 'unprofessionally' in Gwent's development. Personally, I would say their professional dedication to the game is well above average, even if they may not always discuss their internal activities with the degree of transparency which some might wish. I understand that many of them work very hard behind the scenes, even if the changes may seem too slow for some.

Finally, there is one point which certain players may not realise, or consider: Gwent is CDPR's first official venture into the on-line collectable card game genre, and they are continuously modifying this ground-breaking endeavour. After all, their previous major titles (with the exception of the short-lived, experimental Battle Arena) were single-player games. Thus, I would expect a certain amount of unforeseen challenges to arise in negotiating the geography of new territory, no matter what projected schedules may demand.

Last edited:
GICaesar;n10432492 said:
LOL^n... If it's FREE, why do we pay for kegs then?

I don't know about you, but some players just want to support CDPR. Regardless, no one is forcing you to p(l)ay.

The BETA excuse is long dead, yet some won't stop to try to resurrect it. It died as soon as they started collecting money and organizing tournaments with real world currency prizes...

Every time someone mentions the game in still in beta, someone else throws down those two arguments. It's always the same on both sides and none are willing to look beyond their own reasoning. First of all, there are plenty of Early Access games on Steam where you are essentially buying an unfinished product (beta). Players participate knowing the game is not yet finished. It's still a business and studios still need to make money, just like CDPR.

Organizing tournaments is a good way to market the game, unless the balance is so bad it's unbearable. However, that's not the case. Even though the latest tournament was the most stale, there was still a lot of action going on. Having tournaments is also a good way to build up the game and see how it changes over time. Does this belong in a beta? That's debatable. Either way, it's not the Holy Grail to counter "the game is in beta" argument.

Beta means the devs still want to change the base game. It's better they take their time than rush a half finished product and try to milk it. On a closing note, some players actually want to participate in the beta precisely because they want to see the game grow and want to give their opinion.

Last edited:
I am a bit surprised about this player community behavior according with last messages..

To be honest, there are many other games in beta or lower version in which you can buy resources with real money despite not released version. Indeed, you can find some other games in which you could pay and then the game was canceled, for example Shardbound (alpha version with some sales enabled). It is a pretty common bussiness model for this kind of projects. When you invest money in resources for an alpha or beta game you know the risks (and the advantages vs standard version players).

It is a free game due to you can play without invest any real money, and nowadays is beta. You can accept or not but is a fact. Developers are not lying anybody, they have delay in order to improve the product and they will release the product when it was ready and with the quality that they want. If they release a bugged product all of you going to complain here.

Greetings

This thread really shows what low levels people's lives can reach. Enough said about trolls and about people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Hope everything is fine, CDPR. We're here to help, if we can do anything. Keep pushing and Gwent will someday become the great game it deserves to be!

I just come home with hope of patch but it's dalayed. And it's actually ok. When i read those coments last few hours i don't know what to think. Guys you really want patch now with some critical bugs? Or better wait one day to sucessfull deployement? After midwinter fiasco most of you was saying that CDPR should release it later but with no bugs. And now what, you want it right away even if cause of some bugs you will not get full rewards or missing avatars or Ciri wrong "nerfed" to 35 str? Come on, let's be serious it's delayed a bit but with good reason behind it.
Imagine what will happen on reddit and forum and everywhere Gwent releated if they update game with some critical bug. Players will be pissed off badly. Better wait one day and everything go correct. Guys no1 will steal your rewards or pleasure of opening new kegs or whatever.
We all want game in good condition, no more fast patches like Midwinter plz.

EDIT : But yea CDPR should communicate faster that they need a bit more time

Last edited:
The funny part being, complaining is the reason for the previous meta's state.
Even a single day of delay causes people to complain, CDPR knows that and feel forced to rush their job.

Let them take the time to make things right.

Cythonian;n10432652 said:
I am a bit surprised about this player community behavior according with last messages..

i'm not surprised. for the longest time, i've not had a positive impression of the gwent community regarding the general population. not saying it is everyone, saying when taken as a whole to look at the entirety of everyone playing, the impression i get is a bad one.

Cardzilla;n10432802 said:
i'm not surprised. for the longest time, i've not had a positive impression of the gwent community regarding the general population. not saying it is everyone, saying when taken as a whole to look at the entirety of everyone playing, the impression i get is a bad one.

Well, I am surprised due to I am new player :D

Cythonian;n10432652 said:

There's so many over-dramatic people here on the forums so don't worry, it's totally normal. Welcome to the forums. :)

Riven-Twain;n10432612 said:
Recently I have noticed several criticisms and complaints that CDPR has behaved 'unprofessionally' in Gwent's development. Personally, I would say their professional dedication to the game is well above average, even if they may not always discuss their internal activities with the degree of transparency which some might wish. I understand that many of them work very hard behind the scenes, even if the changes may seem too slow for some.

I did not and will not question their work ethic. No doubt they put a lot of effort into making this game. What I will criticize though and call unprofessional is the way how the communication with the player base was managed. Especially considering the same thing only worse happened a month ago.

Maybe these major technical issues arose only an hour or two before the planned release. But then just inform people about the delay! Possibly before the supposed release, if that is not possible at the time of the planned release. And not several hours after it.

And of course they are occuppied and stressed out because the patch is not working as it should. But how long does it take to post a simple „The patch will be delayed due to technical problems. We want to make sure the patch delivered will meet the standard you expect from us. Sorry for the inconvience!“ ?

Not even five minutes. And the fact they did (again) not think of doing that is what I call unprofessional (communication).

So it's delayed a day, big deal. Everybody on here needs to take a chill pill and unbunch their panties and go play outside for a day.

And to everyone whining about dwarfs I got to Rank 19 in my first season here with my modified consume deck and beat dwarfs CONSISTENTLY with no Nekkers or Slyzards... they can be beaten you just have to not suck at Gwent. I look forward to playing dwarf swarm now because it's SO predictable (if not boring to play against). Throw in some gold weather, keep a scorch handy, you're golden. So simple you can do other things while you play dwarfs, like your taxes.

:: stares in bewilderment at some of these posts ::

gods gonads people, this level of whining is something you'd reserve for basic utilities like power and water going out, not a 24hr patch delay. a few of you would do well to step away from the computer a for minute. take a leak, make a sandwich, watch some youtube of kittens FFS

I've played quite a bit of gwent over the past two months and while undoubtly ST is the strongest faction right now, the other factions are far from weak. In fact, there's at least 10 different decks out there that work well in 4250+ and many of them are specific counters to dwarves that work really well.

In fact, the Dwarf deck got through many changes to survive the meta environment; playing the first popular dwarf deck with Brouver + Dennis Crammer + Schirru is no longer competitive even though only 3 cards changed (Mainly Aglaïs + Eithne + Mandrake/Edean/Artifact Compression). You can play both variants with or without Ciri Nova, and playing each variant needs a certain level of mastery. It's not as easy as people think it is.

I've played Dwarves all the way to 4350 and Skellige smashes the same amount of points or more on the board. If you play without mandrake or artifact, Nekkers own you, but then you are slightly weaker against other decks. Spies, Weather and Mill are only slightly behind too, you will lose the game if you make even one mistake.

So yes, ST is between 5 and 15% stronger than the rest of the meta and you can't blame people for playing them and the variants. But saying the game is unplayable or broken can only be said by ignorant people or people who play casually.

I completely understand the frustation of building a casual deck with your own ideas or with the golds you own right now and find an unsurmountable wall when you play against netdecks. I've been trying my own brews and getting straight 0-5 in unranked games without being able to tell if my deck was good or ST was simply unkillable by anything outside of Tier 1 decks.

But that happens in every CCG out there. There's always going to be a card out there better than the rest, and netdecks are lists made from people who achieved actual results with their brews.

But even so, even with some unbalanced things out there, I see the metagame of Gwent changing every day. We have the same cards with the same stats from 1 month ago, and there's plenty of new decks and lists out here.

I don't believe CD Projekt is doing a bad work at all with the game, and I believe this game compared with other CCG's. has the most amount of playable cards in the pool out there. I think around 60-70% of Gwent cards see competitive play, while in other games you don't play even 20%.

I think that's pretty cool, and we are still in the beta stage, things will get better with time (things are getting better with time).

Show some patience and suppor the developers, making them rush things up or feeling guilty or that they are doing things wrong is just naive and childish.

Last edited by a moderator:
4RM3D;n10432642 said:
I don't know about you, but some players just want to support CDPR. Regardless, no one is forcing you to p(l)ay.

It is not the words "p(l)ay" in question here, but "free". So be so kind as to stop twisting my words. I know you and your colleagues feel obliged to defend those who have made you mods to your deaths, and judging by how fervorous you are at it, it must mean a lot for you. But let us realize something.

If I won't pay, (and I did, A LOT, BTW) and stay content with what I get from the daily rewards and GGs. Tell me, how long will it take me to build a solid competitive deck? If the usual 5300 - 5400 scraps are needed?? Riiiiight, I get a starter deck. Good just enough to make a decoy for others winning over it. Now, again. You still think the game is FREE?

In my country, if a businessman would tell a paying customer "well, no one forces you" (to come to me and/or buy), our Business Inspection would shut such place and cancel his licence in a minute if the customer would fill a complaint. So please stop behaving like CDP controls 99% of the market and there is no one else to go to.

I don't ask much. A simple notice, IN TIME, "hey, stupid, the thing will be delayed due to technical problems". Not 5 or how many hours after, but before. There is no force in the galaxy that would convince me they did not know BEFORE. Maybe an ox eats hay, but not me... I think I would deserve at least that, for the money and time I invested.

Oh yes, and "BETA" means getting rid of the bugs & glitches, and testing the functionality before the release. Not changing the core constantly. If you develop a database system, and a graphics editor will be the outcome of the beta. Well, something is wrong with the whole process.

Of course, all this, IMHO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom