Ranked Play season ending soon!

+
GICaesar;n10433622 said:
Tell me, how long will it take me to build a solid competitive deck? If the usual 5300 - 5400 scraps are needed?? Riiiiight, I get a starter deck. Good just enough to make a decoy for others winning over it. Now, again. You still think the game is FREE?

I think you have a different idea of what FREE means.
- Do you have to pay in order to get access to the game? No (unlike, you know, the Witcher III)
- Do you have to buy booster packs in order to play the game? No (unlike the physical variant, predating the online CCG)

The only way the game could be even more free, is when you cannot buy anything at all. But this wouldn't make a good business now, would it? *sigh* Here we go again...

Gwent is a Free To Play Online Collectible Card Game (F2P CCG). As with (almost) every collectible card game, online or otherwise, one of the goals is to collect cards. You do this by buying booster packs. The F2P element is that you can get these booster packs when spending time instead of money. The fact that you can buy boosters and as such buy an advantage means the game is pay to win (P2W) in the strictest sense. However, it's important to note that this applies to the whole F2P CCG genre. So, it's pointless to argue whether or not Gwent is P2W. Instead, you should compare the game with other CCG and ask how generous Gwent is. The conclusion is that Gwent is one of the most generous F2P CCG.

As for gaining cards, a new account can almost instantly create a competitive (Tier 1) deck for FREE.

There are only three simple things you need to do:
1. Get level 3 to unlock milling (which is easy) and mill all unused cards.
2. Beat the challenges to get the leaders (still easy).
3. Copy a netdeck from the internet (also easy).

I wouldn't recommend the above, but it's possible nonetheless.

I know you and your colleagues feel obliged to defend those who have made you mods to your deaths, and judging by how fervorous you are at it, it must mean a lot for you.

Not really, no. Users do have valid arguments, even though no all of them present it with the same depth and quality as some. Regardless, I do tend to let my own opinion be known when I disagree with others, especially when the same argument is being used numerous times over.

GICaesar;n10433622 said:
If I won't pay, (and I did, A LOT, BTW) and stay content with what I get from the daily rewards and GGs. Tell me, how long will it take me to build a solid competitive deck? If the usual 5300 - 5400 scraps are needed?? Riiiiight, I get a starter deck. Good just enough to make a decoy for others winning over it. Now, again. You still think the game is FREE?

Yes, the game is still free. It's only a matter of whether you wish to grind, or pay. Gwent is way more fair than many other similar, free, online games. It's not like you've a greater chance of getting Gold/Silver when you buy kegs...I hope not. This would've been unfair. Moreover, since the cards in kegs are random, there is no way buying the exact card you want. You can only craft cards using Scraps which is an in-game currency that you CAN'T buy. So, it's not like only the free-playing players will have to grind. And it's not exactly grinding either. The devs probably made the currency this way to make the game last longer for everyone. Because even if you've the best deck, you can't reach the top ranks unless you understand the tactics and synergies of each card from every faction. If you don't really enjoy Gwent, and only hope to lead the leaderboard, you shouldn't really be playing it. The base game is still playable right now, and many are online playing. If they wanted to make money, they would've the premium cards only available for purchase, and exclusive Premium decks to curb the competition. Both of these are terrible ideas for the community and long-term business strategy though, but you get the idea. The game is free, but CDPR isn't doing charity either. The reason many studios (specially smaller ones) release beta-version of their games is to get their games tested. Otherwise, they would've to pay game-testers, and even then, that would never be this extensive. But you probably know this already. And to answer your question: You can win 3-4 barrels each day, plus Scraps. So, that's 28 barrels a week, over 100 barrels a month. 28 barrels should equal roughly 100 cards. So, all in all, in anywhere from a week to a month, you should be able to build any deck of your choice.

Thronebreaker will not be free.

GICaesar;n10433622 said:
I don't ask much. A simple notice, IN TIME, "hey, stupid, the thing will be delayed due to technical problems". Not 5 or how many hours after, but before. There is no force in the galaxy that would convince me they did not know BEFORE. Maybe an ox eats hay, but not me... I think I would deserve at least that, for the money and time I invested.

This I agree with. But then, if you think about it, would you dare tell your boss that you won't meet the promised deadline, or rather when he asks for it tell him that it's almost complete? Haha... The latter option is the professional one...even if it's not. :hmm:

Vattier;n10429942 said:
Due to technical reasons the patch has been postponed until tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvenience.

whats the go? when will we get a new season? please update us

4RM3D;n10433682 said:
- Do you have to pay in order to get access to the game? No (unlike, you know, the Witcher III)
- Do you have to buy booster packs in order to play the game? No (unlike the physical variant, predating the online CCG)

The only way the game could be even more free, is when you cannot buy anything at all. But this wouldn't make a good business now, would it? *sigh* Here we go again...

Gwent is a Free To Play The conclusion is that Gwent is one of the most generous F2P CCG[/B][/U].

As for gaining cards, a new account can almost instantly create a competitive (Tier 1) deck for FREE.

I wouldn't recommend the above, but it's possible

I dont think you can get tier1 deck at level3, but i admit the game is generous,
but dont like kegs because you get very rarerly what you need.
I got a new acount and got to rank 19 with crappy foglets, but i only got one gold card from kegs so far is AncestorAle which sometimes is worse than vannila geralt.

4RM3D;n10433682 said:

Gwent is a Free To Play Online Collectible Card Game (F2P CCG). As with (almost) every collectible card game, online or otherwise, one of the goals is to collect cards. You do this by buying booster packs. The F2P element is that you can get these booster packs when spending time instead of money. The fact that you can buy boosters and as such buy an advantage means the game is pay to win (P2W) in the strictest sense. However, it's important to note that this applies to the whole F2P CCG genre. So, it's pointless to argue whether or not Gwent is P2W. Instead, you should compare the game with other CCG and ask how generous Gwent is. The conclusion is that Gwent is one of the most generous F2P CCG.

Some players are either too lazy, too dumb or both to understand these simple things. You actually do not need to pay anything at all to play this game. I reached 2500+ points rank 14 last season in under 2 weeks of playing. I still haven't spent anything on this game and it is a very interesting as well as challenging game! I knew the basics of gwent due to Witcher 3 and that's what helped me. Its more fun to craft the strong cards and try to win them from kegs bought using ores! Keeps you going. Some players will still whine even after having every necessary card on their deck because they don't know how to strategize.

Keep up the good work developers and seriously, just throw in a free keg or something as a compensation for delay, everyone is happy!

clarkbrats;n10433822 said:
whats the go? when will we get a new season? please update us

It is 5 am in Poland. Have mercy dude ... and patience. It doesn't matter when the patch hits - noone will die - the season will be probably 1 or 2 days shorter, which won't have any effect due to you knowing it beforehand.

TV_JayArr;n10434032 said:
It is 5 am in Poland. Have mercy dude ... and patience. It doesn't matter when the patch hits - noone will die - the season will be probably 1 or 2 days shorter, which won't have any effect due to you knowing it beforehand.

bro its like 7pm here in NZ on friday i just want to play thats all i like this game and yeah a short season doesnt sound good i need every game i can get lol

clarkbrats;n10434642 said:
bro its like 7pm here in NZ on friday i just want to play thats all i like this game and yeah a short season doesnt sound good i need every game i can get lol

My intention was to tell you that noone of CDPR will answer you at 5 am, nor release the patch that time - it might surprise you, it is not common to work at 5 am in central europe. Doesn't matter what time it is at your place.

Sry for bad english :p
Most players here complaing, i think, are AAA game players that no understand how difficult it can be to patch multiplayer game, come on, CDPR is already very generous, try other games if you think not, then back here and repeat your complaints, then you understand how wrong you think.

Guys, i can't belive what i see here. It's (partialy) disgusting.
1) This is beta, CDPR got a fuckup and im sure they r doing their best to release this update for us.
2) Its not a problem if we wait day or two for a ranked season, there are lots of other ways to enjoy the game, (for example create a new deck and try it - i did so)
3) This is free to play, whats more its not P2W. i started playing week bofore last season ended, got 18 rank, now have over 4000 mmr, paid nothing.
don't, i did nothing from that list, getting to the ~3k mmr is all about passing right. Then u gave so much scraps u may build any deck, there is so mch free shit that i cant even find a reason to buy those kegs (besides gratitude but im poor student and cant affort it ;)
Don't never ever copy netdecks, u wont learn anything that way, its better to craft 3 or 4 useless golds and ton of silvers. U will know y u play other cards beacouse u will build a deck under your playstyle
4) Can agree that dwarf may be little op ;) i play them couse i love dwarfs in every game/setting, but every faction has a way to beat them, i think its like paper/scisors/rock
5) what is OP is Iorveth: meditation

PS sorry for my english, its not my native

vking2009;n10435612 said:
Guys, i can't belive what i see here. It's (partialy) disgusting.
1) This is beta, CDPR got a fuckup and im sure they r doing their best to release this update for us.
2) Its not a problem if we wait day or two for a ranked season, there are lots of other ways to enjoy the game, (for example create a new deck and try it - i did so)
3) This is free to play, whats more its not P2W. i started playing week bofore last season ended, got 18 rank, now have over 4000 mmr, paid nothing.

Most people agree with that, but the communication hasn't been professional to say the least. Technicians do their best to fix the problems asap... but a simple student in communication wouldn't need more than 5 minutes to write an announcement and spread it on the official forum and on the official FB page.

TV_JayArr;n10434952 said:
My intention was to tell you that noone of CDPR will answer you at 5 am, nor release the patch that time - it might surprise you, it is not common to work at 5 am in central europe. Doesn't matter what time it is at your place.

calm down mate i know europeans were all sleeping it may surprise you but the world doesnt revole around europe

Guy pulling stats from their behinds like "I won X% of my games Vs Dorfs, aren't I a good player? Please, feel free to congratulate me!" kind of strike me as either liars or delusionals. Dorfs are too strong. Oppressively so. This is why they are being nerfed, and in my opinion, not nerfed enough.

I just posted and shared my personal experience here. No need to attack me like this. And your "quote" that u made there is something I never said, not even close.

I know that Dorfs are a problem and need to be changed. Asap. And CDPR will do that.
I just wanted to say that a lot of people here are way to negative about the current state. In my opinion. I enjoy it a lot, more than any other game and even if I don't play Dorfs I'm successful and having a lot of fun with the decks I play.

Crazyfisting

I'm 100% with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why people hate dwarves so much? When NR was so Op and not to mention SK there was not so much hate involved. Every faction had a time when it was OP and ST was the joke of every other faction. I'm a ST player and i'm glad to see ST beeing the meta this patch. Too bad i was unable to play much this season and haven't got the chance to build a dwarf deck.

In Hearthstone every month if you manage to rank up high enough, you will get 1 premium epic and 1 premium rare as your reward (in total, not counting dailies).

In Gwent, if you rank up high enough (18-20) in one month you get 20 barrels, 1000 scraps, 600 meteorite powder, titles and voiced portraits.

For real, just stop complaining about the rewards, anyone who does is making fools of themselves. They are honestly giving you as much as they can, try getting a Legendary in Hearthstone through effort alone and you will come back to went any time of the day.

clarkbrats;n10436302 said:
calm down mate i know europeans were all sleeping it may surprise you but the world doesnt revole around europe

Wow that's rich. You wouldn't happen to be from the US?

Top Bottom