LIVE STREAM WITH DEVELOPERS 21.02.2018

+
LIVE STREAM WITH DEVELOPERS 21.02.2018

Join us today at 9 PM CET for a short stream revealing 10 new cards coming to GWENT with the next update! As usual, the stream will be hosted by our Leek Expert Paweł Burza, who will be joined by Michał "Luigi" Dobrowolski and Piotr "Rysik" Golus, GWENT's Gameplay Designers.

Link to the stream: twitch.tv/cdprojektred

I'm at work so I'm going to miss it :( Oh well, I just have to check it afterwards.

Anyhoo, new cards sounds interesting!

More rng cards.. i hope not. I hope this game turns out to his original concept ( i like the new ui and animations but hate the current cards

Fix the amazingly still persistent bugs from last patch first maybe? Like disconnects, blank win screens after opponents forfeit, inability to use cards from hand after an 'opponent has lost connection screen forcing you to skip the round etc ...

So there's that :) what do you think? I feel no one's gonna run most of these in normal mode, except the new Dandelion: Poet, Cerys and Morenn maybe.

Then there's Imlerith but he is very vulnerable to removal, as interesting as he might be, I doubt he'll see too much play because early on, opponent can zap him, later on, units will be too strong for him to survive. Then again, he has armor on top of his strength.

They announced the following 10 new cards in the lifestream:

Roche: Mercyless (5)
Destroy a face-down Ambush unit, then draw a card.
Updated Version:
Roche: Mercyless (6)
Destroy a face-down Ambush unit.

Yennefer: Necromancer (5)
Ressurect a Bronze or Silver Soldier from your opponent's graveyard.

Imlerith: Sabbath (5)
Duell the Highest enemy on turn end. If this unit survives, Heal it by 2 and give it 2 Armor.
2 Armor.

Triss: Telekinesis (6)
Create a Bronze special card from either player's starting deck.

Dandelion: Poet (6)
Draw a card, then play a card.

Cerys: Fearless (6)
Ressurect the next card you Discard.

Morenn: Forest Child (6,gold)
Ambush: When the opponent plays a Bronze or Silver special card, flip over and cancel its ability.

Geralt: Professional (7)
Deal 4 damage to an enemy. If it's a Monster unit, destroy it instead.

Ihuarraquax (7)
Deal 5 damage self.
When this unit's current power equals its base power, deal 7 damage to 3 random units.

Dandellion: Vainglory (9)
Boost self by 3 for every Geralt, Yennefer, Triss and Zoltan in your starting deck.

Also, if I didn't get it wrong, these will be all the new cards, which is a little bit disappointing, as the Midwinter update is already over 2 month in the past a bit more new cards would do the game good in my opinion.
Also, I'm not that happy that there will be even more cards that are designed specifically for Arena, as they still will be available in kegs and this will reduce the chance of getting usefull golds.

Edit: Thanks for the missing information, I added them.

Last edited:
Cerys: Ressurect the next discarded card
Yennefer, Necromancer: Ressurect a bronze or silver soldier from the enemy graveyard
Imlerith(5): 2 armour, duell the highest unit each round and if still alife heal by 2 and gain 2 armour
Triss, Telekinesis:
Dandelion (6): Draw a card, then play a card
Morenn (gold): ambush, flip when the next enemy bronze or silver special card is played and cancel its effect
Roche, Mercyless (6): Destroy an ambush then draw a card
Dandellion (9): boost by 3 for every, Yennefer, Geralt or Zoltan in your deck (whom else? Triss?)
Geralt (7): Deal 4 damage. If it is a monster, destroy it
Unicorn (7): Damage self by 4. Whenever this unit reaches its base strength, deal X damage to 3 random enemies.

Cerys resurrects the next unit you discard, so obviously she is useless with Morkvarg but you could discard say, Coral at the right time and she'd be nice :)

Triss: Telekinesis - Create a bronze or silver unit from either deck

Dandelion Vainglory does that with Triss too I think, yes.

Ihuarraquax damages self by 5 when played but when it reaches its base power it deals 7 damage to 3 random enemies. The random factor makes it a bit subpar I think, but it might see use in certain handbuff decks. Especially with Aguara!

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
New cards uh? Didnt expect them so soon, im glad i saved almost 4000 scrap, ill be able to craft most of those when they arrive.

Where can i see the stream? Or do i have to wait 2 or 3 days for it to be uploaded, for those who havent been able to watch it live?

Where can i see the stream? Or do i have to wait 2 or 3 days for it to be uploaded, for those who havent been able to watch it live?

They said it'll probably be on their youtube channel tomorrow. You can see it there.

However all they showed were the cards (see above), and told us arena will be coming on the 28th along with the end of the ranked season on the same day (it was a short stream)

Correct me if i'm wrong:

-opponent plays 5 st unit
-I play Sexy Imlerith who destroys the opponent unit without losing armor or strenght, then gains 2 armor, so 5 str and 4 armor.
-if my opponent plays an unit with 9 str, it will be destroyed too.
With boosting units, Imlerith could destroy the world.

New cards uh? Didnt expect them so soon, im glad i saved almost 4000 scrap, ill be able to craft most of those when they arrive.

You shouldn't craft any of them my friend. except maybe the Dandelion that draws, as a tempo card

guys at CDPR, maybe buff old cards that are jus plain bad right now like Serrit (NG Reveal Silver :| )? before creating newer cards that are gonna be nerfed into being unplayable later like Ciri Nova?

Correct me if i'm wrong:

-opponent plays 5 st unit
-I play Sexy Imlerith who destroys the opponent unit without losing armor or strenght, then gains 2 armor, so 5 str and 4 armor.
-if my opponent plays an unit with 9 str, it will be destroyed too.
With boosting units, Imlerith could destroy the world.

No it will be 7 Strength and 4 armor. Every time it destroys something it heals by 2 so if it didn't lose strength, it would go to 7.
From what I understand on turn end could mean (or will most likely be switched to) your opponent's turn end. So there will probably be a period of grace for the opponent to counter that with Alzur's Thunder or something. Even so he is pretty vulnerable to removal, especially if he does not heal back the damage done but only the 2 from every duel won...

Top Bottom