New Faction Challenge begins!

+
zargez;n10658331 said:
Why are the only worthy rewards still at 30? Isn't 30 or especially 60 wins way too much to grind with either of these?

Even the the current casual meta is Ciri: Free 22 and Nilfgaard's, as it could be described, "witcher that removes anything of worth, as it deals about 11 damage, is a 5 body, can be resurrected three times, and obviously buffed to 25." Sure, some are of course playing these two, like Henselt, weather, Winch, Archespore... All that stuff you just love to see.
casual is a mess right now with tons of people playing T1 Ladder decks... if I detect them I forfeit R1... no point wasting time or GGing people that can't understand the word "Casual"

partci;n10659231 said:
Dudes, it's common sense to restart AND update your game when a hotfix or whatever is released. I do this every time and do not recall having any problems.
The counter does not update AT ALL while playing, ONLY during the login process.... it's better than no counter at all, but I do hope they fix it for the next challenge

It is F%¤#ing amazing to see how almost every single person playing for the NR faction has basically stolen Mogwai's Ciri deck. It is disgusting.

KaynOfNosgoth;n10659361 said:
Thank you,that helps a lot.One question though,i wanna chose monsters for the title but if monsters lose,will i still get the title or i won't get anything?

You will still receive the rewards as long as you've won the required number of matches with Monsters.

Theo_FP;n10659511 said:
It is F%¤#ing amazing to see how almost every single person playing for the NR faction has basically stolen Mogwai's Ciri deck. It is disgusting.

I'm playing in casual to get my easy 10 NR wins and all I'm seeing is Bloody Baron Henselt. Literally six or seven times in a row now.

Theo_FP;n10659511 said:

That's a gross misconception. Radovid's Ciri Nova has existed before Mogwai's discovery of such deck. I remember first seeing it in Gwentdb back in early January and ranked up to 19, but due to the sheer amount of Dorf spams, the deck wasn't good enough to climb higher. People are giving way too much credits to those popular streamers. In terms of deck pioneering, they are not better than any other enthusiastic players but they can certainly make a deck popular.

W0nderwa11;n10660551 said:
Is there any way to change your choice? I accidentally clicked monsters and meant to pick NR :(

Currently there's not really a way to change you choice, no.

I'll use my foresight gift to tell you all what the results of this challenge is gonna be.

Monsters (52%) vs NR (48%)

I will not make the same mistake again, my friends. First thing I will do after launching Gwent is pick my supporting faction. T__T

I really like Northen Realms' border but I don't have any amazing decks for it lol. So Monsters it is.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I foresaw this was gonna be the matchup for the next challenge as soon as they'd announced the previous one. I know with only 5 factions its not that impressive of a guess, but im still pretty proud that i've been spot on on the past 3 faction challenges.

All you have to do is see the faction that hasnt been on a challenge the longest, and see wihch faction it hasnt faced yet, and which hasnt been a part of the previous challenge. Mark my words.

Well, about that choice... Monsters is my 2nd faction with most wins, but i actually like NR better, and i dont want to break my perfect faction challenge's loser streak... NR it is!

Hellsmoke77;n10660541 said:
Counter doesn't work for me, just won 2 games and it still says zero. Yes, I picked my faction.

As various posts in this thread already described, the counter only updates during log-in / restart of the game. The wins itself do get tracked correctly, and even if the counter doesn't get changed during your session, the rewards will still be applied immediately.

Example (from my own experience today): Counter says 6 (value after log-in). You then play a number of games and have 4 wins for your faction. As soon as you have reached 10 wins the title will become immediately available in your trinkets section, even though the counter sits still at 6. There is also a separate message about the reward earned just below the counter.

Another "faction challenge" ...

I'm going to support NR as much as possible, considering i play a pretty bad deck ( only casual mode of course ).

I got a free win when i started a game with a K. Revenant and the opponent insta-forfeited. Is there a popular cursed NR deck that people hate/don't want to play against? ( or maybe they felt sorry for me and my lame deck? )

Anyway, i can't wait for the challenge to be over. As much as i love NR, Henselt is simply ridiculous. I'm rank 17 and my ST deck is decent enough to get me at least to rank 18, but today i had an impressive losing streak thanks to all the Henselts that flooded the ladder.

the faction win counter does not seem to be working, Ive have two victories that have not registered yet
anyone having similar problem?

this may be best in different section

DocOdy;n10661441 said:
the faction win counter does not seem to be working, Ive have two victories that have not registered yet
anyone having similar problem?

this may be best in different section

You gotta exit and re-enter the game. It updates every time you log in. I was confused too. :)

bilbo.baggins;n10661401 said:
... Henselt is simply ridiculous...

This.

I can't stand playing against this deck. Pulling 10 000 machines for 1 million swing in one turn cause of another broken Bronze Create Card that needs to be looked at. The repetitiveness of each and every game you play against him in particular.

The next 10 days will be tedious...

I like this event but could the devs reduce the required number of victories? 50 wins for the maximum award is too many in 10 days (at least for me). We have life, family and work to worry about too.

Top Bottom