New Faction Challenge begins!

+
Mashajab;n10680181 said:
why did we have to choose this time?!!!! I played and won like 12 matches, and than realize, I dont have reward.. what a silly move!! now to do it again.. crap..
because they needed something to feed to the tracker, and they can't do instant rewards otherwise.

Mashajab;n10680181 said:
why did we have to choose this time?!!!! I played and won like 12 matches, and than realize, I dont have reward.. what a silly move!! now to do it again.. crap..

You realize this is now the second time the same event occurs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mashajab;n10680181 said:

It's the same as last time.
Besides, the first post of this thread clearly explains what you need to do to participate.

Please ban gerald professional. I'm really regretting picking monsters for the challenge seeing how every single person and their mother is running him to get unfair advantage.

Doydl;n10689161 said:
Please ban gerald professional. I'm really regretting picking monsters for the challenge seeing how every single person and their mother is running him to get unfair advantage.

I've never ever seen this card in Constructive once. I guess you are the lucky one.

partci;n10689901 said:
I've never ever seen this card in Constructive once. I guess you are the lucky one.

I also haven't seen the card at all untill this challenger, I'm playing casual only because NR and Monsters are my least played/collected factions and here people seem to rather take risks just so they can have an edge vs 1 of the faction participating even if they're tgrowing other games. I get games where my opponents played obviously awful and can still keep up because they have refined decks and then they burn my ozruk/golyat/ghouls that I use as point swings/finishers. If I remember correctly, it was streamers like Merchant that strongly disagreed vs one-sided cards like theese and now I'm kindoff starting to see why.

I haven't seen it at all either, but I suppose it's an effective tech card for dealing with Sabbath, which entirely too many wannabe power players are using in Casual

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, just got my 30 NR wins. Pretty proud that i got more wins vs MO than losses, specially since i think NR is the most boring faction atm.

Was using a 30+ deck at the beginning, but was constantly getting bricked, not to mention im tired of using those cards for a year and a half, so i changed to something different:

Using Adda, with most Golds and Silvers being Cursed or Alchemy, but the bronzes i didnt want to go for the popular Revenant Spell type, so i just used Tormented Mages, Cursed Knights and Kaedweni Knights, and completed the rest with specials, and it worked pretty well.

DRK3;n10693131 said:
Using Adda, with most Golds and Silvers being Cursed or Alchemy, but the bronzes i didnt want to go for the popular Revenant Spell type, so i just used Tormented Mages, Cursed Knights and Kaedweni Knights, and completed the rest with specials, and it worked pretty well.

I was tempted to try out the Cursed Archetype, but what holds me back everytime I think of it, it is for how easy it can be shut down. With 3 removals, not even that strong, killing the knights, its basically GG.

sfruzz;n10677441 said:
Plus you are not rewarding skill with the 30 win barrier, you're rewarding grind. To reward skill you would have to give the border to those players with the best winrate and at higher ranks.
You're just mixing it all up. There are rewards for skilled players (Top-100, 500) etc. And rewards for casual players - different resourses and even cute avatar for rank 15.
Also faction war is ment to have a grind content by it's nature. So it is logical that rewards are hidden behind some number of wins. CDPR is trying to make this even appealing for everyone. But they surelly don't have plans of making rewards to easy to achieve.
Maybe after release they will issue some rewards for people who played since the beginning as a loyalty reward, we'll see.

Got my 50's at home, climbed to 20, can't wait to see waaaaaaaay less (NEVER!) of Henselt again.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Ic3Purple;n10693731 said:
I was tempted to try out the Cursed Archetype, but what holds me back everytime I think of it, it is for how easy it can be shut down. With 3 removals, not even that strong, killing the knights, its basically GG.

Yeah, the Revenants are the ones that are popular right now because when they work, it can really swarm the board, but like you said they're very easy to shut down, they're only 4pt+1 armor, that's why i didnt bothered using them and just use the Cursed Knights (8pt +2 armor - if you get thundered, its a 1 pt unit, just use another to get 2x 8pt cursed knights, and usually 8 pt is outside the scorch range) and Tormented Mage (yes, it synergizes with the Revenant to spawn more, but it works pretty well without them too)

Im also using Vandergrift Blade, which isnt very popular, but it is so satisfying to destroy AND banish an Imlerith Sabbath! (also great for Morkvargs and Olgierds)

Cpt_Myrinn_Eilorv;n10698341 said:
I have won 7 games as monster faction (not vs monster faction) and I have only been given 3 faction points?

Have you restarted your game after the 7th win? AFAIK it's still needed to refresh the counter.

i didn't like how faction challenges were turned into "grind more" fests. i like it even less now considering how hard it is to get a win on a console given how frustrating disconnects are.

Top Bottom