Season of the Bear is ending!

+
Can't wait for the next season!

What will be the theme?

I wish for some titles with knowledge flavour.. i mean, we've had "wild hunt warrior", or "mercenary", all with warriors and that's fine, but i hope for something like "scholar", "mage", "librarian"..

ser2440;n10716391 said:
Well, spies weren't. Still aren't. Now they take too long to gain power, though.

Nilfgaard in general has decks that are actually difficult to pilot, alchemy is a slight exception but even that has a bit more difficulty than other factions imo. Not to mention that alchemy in general sucks. Never had a problem facing it. Never could make it work when playing with it. Just like some people can't make deathwish work, I could never make Alchemy work :p

As for reveal, I assure you it may seem linear but it takes a lot of predicting, knowing what cards are in your deck, saving revealers for when you draw reveal targets, etc. It's not as difficult to play as spies but it actually is one of the hardest I've played to play efficiently with.

trebuchet -> voorhis -> win
dry pass
triple weather

so hard...

liezldiezldee;n10721521 said:
trebuchet -> voorhis -> win
dry pass
triple weather

so hard...

The stats of the meta report clearly disprove you mate. Considering Voorhis' winrate is so low. Plus, one weather clear never hurt anyone.

If you waste many of your revealers on enemy cards, because Reveal is a hyperthinning deck, you will later on end up drawing Fire Scorpions and Daerlan Soldiers that you won't be able to reveal.

zargez;n10708891 said:
Hey, create is not luck, it's skill. You put this awkwardly flexible card in your deck, then you say a little prayer, and when you get what you prayed for, you have just outskilled your opponent. It makes the game so much more skill based. Just like reveal for example. Who would've thought that partially RNG based mechanic that actually lets you see the hand of your opponent was a bad idea?

True, true. Super skillful. I feel like after reveal and create we should just go all in and have Gwent just be a coinflip game. Let me explain:

1) Game begins with a coinflip.
2) Say a little prayer into your microphone.
3) If you win the coinflip, you get your opponent's cards.
3) If you lose the coinflip, you have to give your cards to your opponent.

I mean...come on, CDPR...we're already half-way there!

ser2440;n10722081 said:
The stats of the meta report clearly disprove you mate. Considering Voorhis' winrate is so low. Plus, one weather clear never hurt anyone.

If you waste many of your revealers on enemy cards, because Reveal is a hyperthinning deck, you will later on end up drawing Fire Scorpions and Daerlan Soldiers that you won't be able to reveal.

greatsword dominance explains the low win rate

liezldiezldee;n10724071 said:
greatsword dominance explains the low win rate

Nope. Voorhis' winrate has always been that low. Check the previous Meta reports if you don't believe me. Even when the netdeck was first created and he became popular, his winrate was still about 45%. Has been ever since Saovine

zargez;n10708891 said:
Hey, create is not luck, it's skill. You put this awkwardly flexible card in your deck, then you say a little prayer, and when you get what you prayed for, you have just outskilled your opponent. It makes the game so much more skill based. Just like reveal for example. Who would've thought that partially RNG based mechanic that actually lets you see the hand of your opponent was a bad idea?

But yeah, updates come maybe every 3 - 6 months with smaller ones once between them if we're lucky. We still have all sorts of problems with just trying to get into a match. We have bugs and problems with mechanics.
Bronze cards with stats of overpowered silvers get released. Gold cards with questionable designs get released. While someone has to come up with all these cards, someone else should probably take the responsibility of what actually gets released, even in beta, since the updates are rare. We are just stuck with these problem cards, combos and mechanics. A card that in practice is a free 25, now a free 22, is probably not very fun to play against. Or a card that in general literally wins the round if not dealt with right there, even if it's the first card played, is probably not very good design. If you need to play at least two cards in every deck just to counter one possible gold card, there might be a slight problem somewhere.

And that Thronebreaker Campaign announced 8 months ago...?

I think about taking a break again about every time I play.

I will agree with that especially the part about thinking about taking a break and then 5 minutes later I'm playing it again

Reveal is only tough if you let them get away with the R1 damage push without answering... they want short R1-2... don't let them have it.

I don't often lose to it, but that doesn't make me hate it any less. It's the cheapest deck out there. One of my least favorite things that ever happened to Gwent is NG as a whole.

twinkiegorilla;n10727111 said:
I don't often lose to it, but that doesn't make me hate it any less. It's the cheapest deck out there. One of my least favorite things that ever happened to Gwent is NG as a whole.
There is no halfway decent deck and no faction that I have not heard this about.

hydra66;n10729471 said:
May I assume there'll be no PTR/ major changes this month either?

Burza said no on twitter (https://twitter.com/pawelburza/statu...35343305076737).

Didn't play a single ranked game the last 2 seasons. I'm waiting for some big chances to have finally fun again playing gwent, so I actually don't care about small balance changes anyway, but 3 seasons without any balance patches is just really, really bad. If I had played the last 2 seasons, I'd definitely take a break from ranked now.

Last edited:
I came closer to GM this season than ever before so I'm giving it one more shot. But I am really unhappy with one more month of RNG garbage.

They want to make changes only after challenger I am guessing to give players time to submit their decks. Also I think for the next major change instead of releasing a lot of new cards they should look at the currently dead archtypes and buffing them or change them to make them viable. Eg queensguard, movement ST, spies etc. This would make the meta potentially much more diverse.

Even if CDPR is busy or something to do proper balance, they should at least nerf and buff some cards simply by changing strenght value on them. That will shift meta a bit. Come on, we don't want another month the same thing.

So not even a small patch? I guess they will make a big one in April after the tourney. Well 1 more month i guess.

hmmm, i just lost all my season end rewards after jsut getting them without a reason? can somebody explain what happend?

Top Bottom