Season of the Elves has started!

+
mc_tomppa;n10739911 said:
I haven't ever reached any of the top 10 000 avatars but I honestly think that they should be left exclusive to the better players. Or at least this Iorveth here and the Geralt, Yen, etc. ones, because after all we all can play with Iorveth, Geralt, Yen, etc. avatars which are available to anyone. A unique avatar that everyone recognizes creates well earned respect for the better players.

Although the game says the alternative yen or geralt one are top 10.000 avatars, they were actually top 1000 avatars. See, recognition is already gone. I could use my wild hunt hound border, wich I got for reaching top 1000, but new players would think I got it for raching rank 10 (well, well impressive), because they did change the reward distribution (which was fine), but didn't rewarded players retroactively (which sucks, because my effort feels worthless now).

I don't mind the avatars being widespread, so long as there are still cool titles and borders that only get awarded to the top players.

Guest 4226291

BornBoring;n10740151 said:
Although the game says the alternative yen or geralt one are top 10.000 avatars, they were actually top 1000 avatars. See, recognition is already gone. I could use my wild hunt hound border, wich I got for reaching top 1000, but new players would think I got it for raching rank 10 (well, well impressive), because they did change the reward distribution (which was fine), but didn't rewarded players retroactively (which sucks, because my effort feels worthless now).

If you need the avatar to feel impressive then the problem is wth you. The other borders are reserved for top 100 and top 1000 players. So you do have rewards for your accomplishments.

so basically with the way avatars are going you are demolishing your hardcore player bases hard work and truly earned avatars. i didn't waste any time to get any of these avatars except eredin which i'm sure you are going to give it away soon as a low reward. great work. i'll remember that nothing is worth trying for in this game anymore as i'll be sure 6 months down the line it's going to be attainable with tenth of the skill and a third of the time spent.

I just rocked the default geralt and cardsmith the last two seasons on the way to top 1000 while spamming "wrong another mistake" over and over. You guys have fun with the silly picture frames and titles though.

Thats all nice and well. But I've just lost 2 games bcs of their servers... So thank you for fixing the issue sooo quickly CDPR! If there is an issue with servers for console players then don't count the disconnection as bloody loss.

EternalJxx;n10740361 said:
If you need the avatar to feel impressive then the problem is wth you. The other borders are reserved for top 100 and top 1000 players. So you do have rewards for your accomplishments.

Hmm... did you even read my post? The border I got for reaching top 1000 will be given out this year for reaching rank 10. The border for reaching top 1000 is the same as people got for reaching top 100 during this season. They changed the reward distribution, but didn't reward retroactively. So next december people, who will achieve the exact same thing as I did last december, will get a way nicer border. How is that fair?

I don't care about avatars, but I think I should get the same reward for reaching top 1000 as people will get in the future.

note: titles/borders will be rotating every 12 months for those, who don't know

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
No balances at all this new season? I stopped playing this past week, tired of the same stuff in Gwent for the past 3 months (Arena is nice but i want to try new strategies), but i guess i'll delay my return another month?

So, only next season will we get balances and fixes, and only after that, actual new cards? Dont even want to think when Thronebreaker might actually get released...

Ruthless95;n10740401 said:
so basically with the way avatars are going you are demolishing your hardcore player bases hard work and truly earned avatars. i didn't waste any time to get any of these avatars except eredin which i'm sure you are going to give it away soon as a low reward. great work. i'll remember that nothing is worth trying for in this game anymore as i'll be sure 6 months down the line it's going to be attainable with tenth of the skill and a third of the time spent.

This is really somehow disappointing. I think it's ok to bring old avatars back (i would be happy to have a chance to get the missed yen and triss avatars). But to make them that much easier and on top of that, give nothing for these experienced players? This is now the second season without a single avatar to earn - I really like the game, i don't need a new meta every month, but no "new gameplay" and no interesting rewards really hurts the motivation.

I'm quite irritated that we didn't get a (balance) patch with the start of this ranked season. In particular as it contradicts everything CDProject Red has told us in the past.

From the "GWENT: Thronebreaker and Public Beta development roadmap update"-announcement:
Dominika;n9872671 said:
Secondly, since 2018 is the year we plan to take GWENT out of beta, we’ll be increasing the tempo of multiplayer update releases. We want you to have more fun playing, but we also want to welcome new gamers into an already rolling multiplayer ecosystem. Expect content additions like cards, challenges, vanity items, but also game patches, and balance tweaks to be published more frequently.

To give an overview, I have listed below all the updates and events that I could find:
-24.5.17: Public Beta
-13.6.17: Weather Update
-5.7.17: Hotfix (more of a balance update than a hotfix)
-29.8.17: Gold Immunity Update (30 new cards)
-5.9.17: Hotfix
.29.9.17: Agile Update (no new cards, Mahakam Ale Event)
-31.10.17: Saovine Update (21 new cards, Saovine Event)
-3.11.17: Hotfix
-4.12.17: Faction Challenge SK vs NR
-19.12.17: Midwinter Update (over 100 new cards and the Midwinter Event)
-15.1.18: Hotfix
-22.1.18: Faction Challenge MO vs NG
-8.2.18: Balance Patch
-12.2.18: Faction Challnge ST vs SK
-28.2.18: Arena Patch (10 new cards, Arena)
-7.3.18: Hotfix
-8.3.18: Faction Challenge NR vs MO

Looking at it, we got a Balance patch about every month before the Roadmap update and new cards every 2 month. Now we are getting balance patches every 2 month and cards only every 3 month. (We already know that the next patch will contain only bugfixes and balance changes). So instead of becoming more frequently those have become a lot more rare. And the only thing becoming more frequently are Faction Challenges, which influence the Meta in a bad way.
And wasn't the duration of the Seasons reduced such that they could publish balance patches more often?

I really wonder what has happened after the Beta Roadmap, that apparently everything has changed.

The only thing that would make sense, were if we would get a balance patch in a few days, which got delayed due to internal bugs.

we need some minimal patch to a bit nerf few cards (especially alchemy) so we could find new meta decks. Just lower by 1 power some cards and/or buff by some others so we will get fun month to play before big patch

actual name:

season of the broken console

btw, to all of you complaining about how there should be nerfs or whatever, i'll remind you that the game has been broken for xbox players since the beginning of last season, we got ignored when they made a hotfix, and word is that no fix will come for another 2 weeks (if not longer)

Last edited:
I'm happy to see more avatars get into players' hands, no matter the skill level. Seeing the core Witcher characters all the time kind of takes away from their epic status in this world, and can get a little tedious. Generally speaking, having a wider cast of characters to play with is a net positive for the game. There are so many interesting characters in the games/books, and they can give matches that extra bit of flavor. I'd love to see a whole slew added over the next months - heck, why not put 4 or 5 more base-level avatars in the next patch? (I say this of course as a fan and not a developer)

But I also agree with players that are upset that the extra-special avatars they earned are being used - just a couple of months later - as Level 15 rewards. This kind of defeats the purpose of having high-tier avatars. I have to imagine that this was just the team wanting to get a few more avatars in circulation, in a short period of time - but I hope it doesn't happen again, for the sake of those dedicated players who like to compete at higher levels.

In any case, thanks for the hard work. I'm excited to see what the next patch brings!

FG15-ISH7EG;n10740761 said:
I'm quite irritated that we didn't get a (balance) patch with the start of this ranked season. In particular as it contradicts everything CDProject Red has told us in the past.

From the "GWENT: Thronebreaker and Public Beta development roadmap update"-announcement:

To give an overview, I have listed below all the updates and events that I could find:
-24.5.17: Public Beta
-13.6.17: Weather Update
-5.7.17: Hotfix (more of a balance update than a hotfix)
-29.8.17: Gold Immunity Update (30 new cards)
-5.9.17: Hotfix
.29.9.17: Agile Update (no new cards, Mahakam Ale Event)
-31.10.17: Saovine Update (21 new cards, Saovine Event)
-3.11.17: Hotfix
-4.12.17: Faction Challenge SK vs NR
-19.12.17: Midwinter Update (over 100 new cards and the Midwinter Event)
-15.1.18: Hotfix
-22.1.18: Faction Challenge MO vs NG
-8.2.18: Balance Patch
-12.2.18: Faction Challnge ST vs SK
-28.2.18: Arena Patch (10 new cards, Arena)
-7.3.18: Hotfix
-8.3.18: Faction Challenge NR vs MO

Looking at it, we got a Balance patch about every month before the Roadmap update and new cards every 2 month. Now we are getting balance patches every 2 month and cards only every 3 month. (We already know that the next patch will contain only bugfixes and balance changes). So instead of becoming more frequently those have become a lot more rare. And the only thing becoming more frequently are Faction Challenges, which influence the Meta in a bad way.
And wasn't the duration of the Seasons reduced such that they could publish balance patches more often?

I really wonder what has happened after the Beta Roadmap, that apparently everything has changed.

The only thing that would make sense, were if we would get a balance patch in a few days, which got delayed due to internal bugs.

You can't say that last "Balance patch" was a balance patch. It was literally -1 and +1 to some random cards. Like they nerfed Shani but she was still in many decks so they decided to do -1 with her. So it was February.

In the March it was like 0 changes + Impera Enforcer 'fix' = killed spy archetype which wasn't even Tier 1 but Brouver Coin Abuse wasn't even touched.

So the last serious patch was hotfix in January and only because Midwinter was a mess.

Regarding a few concerns mentioned in this thread, Burza46 has indicated the following:
Burza46 said:
I am aware that the majority was expecting a balance patch this season, please bear with us and expect an announcement coming next week, where will update you on the roadmap for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

So basically announcement about announcement? We have to go deeper.

I lost my motivation to play in this season because of the disappointment from no changes.

Meta is balanced (and stale, 3rd month same stuff) but stuff like mulligan bug fix, create out of the ranked and coinflip fix would be nice and would please many players.

balanced is not, when only broken arhetypes like alchemy, spoters , elfswarm are played, they killed spies and monster swarm , and weather Omg.
:rage:
Ps. Henselt with winches is an abomination not arhetype.

Top Bottom