Faction board skins and missing premiums are here!

+
partci;n10851311 said:
the Mahakam Horn Premium version of the card is almost like its non premium version.
Ay, 'tisn't particularly engrossing to watch, is it?

But, after all, it is an item, and the premiums for most of the items aren't especially lively. I imagine they could be reworked, however, that probably would distract from other projects; for, last I read, there are only 6 animators working on Gwent.

Riven-Twain;n10851511 said:
... But, after all, it is an item, and the premiums for most of the items aren't especially lively...[/COLOR]

What bothers me the most is, there are beams of light behind it and particles of dust (as it seems) around it, that stand absolutely static, while the only thing that moves is some steam plus the background shifting left/right a bit, so there is place for improvement.

partci;n10851881 said:
What bothers me the most is, there are beams of light behind it and particles of dust (as it seems) around it, that stand absolutely static, while the only thing that moves is some steam plus the background shifting left/right a bit, so there is place for improvement.
Personally, I agree with the criticism. Frankly, I was rather less than impressed when I transmuted the standard version. Overall, we're given the impression that it's just a large, dusty horn.

Let's hope the rest of premium versions will not be forgotten. I miss my anime cows when i play Germain...

Just want to point out that there are still missing premiums. The bloody flail specter token for example . Which means Draug specter tokens lack a premium version as well still probably.

I only recently got a Winch premium, so I was unimpressed. I expected it would at least rotate. Like the bloody flail flails around :)

The new arena mode is really not fun. You have no chance to win against someone who was lucky enough to draft a bunch of 1 str units that do nothing.

The card quality is simply too varied for this mode to be even remotely fair. If you have only a couple 10+ str units in "your" deck (sometimes you offered a choice between 4 good cards), they can easily be game winning for your opponent.

Another issue are leaders. Some leaders are simply worth a lot of points, and you cannot make a bad choice. But, again, some people get to draft Henselt, Bran or Eithne, so they get A HUGE advantage with the leader alone.

Finally, I was offered 10 gold cards in total on my very first run. I have over a dozen runs in classic arena mode and never got more than 9 golds. Again, this is totally RNG when you get to choose from 4 solid golds, and your opponent drafts 2 Ciri Novas, Ithlinne and the Brewess: Ritual (with no bronze deathwish units in the deck).

Bottom line, your number of wins in the new mode is 99% draft based since the difference between hilariously bad, simply bad and good (when you have no other choice) cards is too huge. I really looked forward to it, but the experience turned out to be the most frustrating thing I ever experienced in Gwent.

Last edited:
Lilayah Hm, new boards looks amazing, but this faction line on the middle is horrible, also think please about smoothing lines between faction boards. I mean if we have monster vs monster or monster vs nilfgaard I like to see a more smooth Gwent screen, for now it's a bit ugly. Maybe, just maybe change it from boards actually to bottom and top of the player screen. Here a more space to creative art around leader, right and left corners, you can place here a more cool stuff to show the faction. And you also please players who love board without faction line, maybe just randomize wood colors or materials, like nilfgaard mate black rock and gold and monster dark, creepy damaged wood. Experimenting with boards is awesome, and I trust you guys, switched from Hearthstone to GWENT because CDPR have a lot of potential and my love for all the Witchers games. Wish you best luck! ^__^

Last edited:

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Madkuma;n10902761 said:
Lilayah Hm, new boards looks amazing, but this faction line on the middle is horrible, also think please about smoothing lines between faction boards. I mean if we have monster vs monster or monster vs nilfgaard I like to see a more smooth Gwent screen, for now it's a bit ugly. Maybe, just maybe change it from boards actually to bottom and top of the player screen. Here a more space to creative art around leader, right and left corners, you can place here a more cool stuff to show the faction. And you also please players who love board without faction line, maybe just randomize wood colors or materials, like nilfgaard mate black rock and gold and monster dark, creepy damaged wood. Experimenting with boards is awesome, and I trust you guys, switched from Hearthstone to GWENT because CDPR have a lot of potential and my love for all the Witchers games. Wish you best luck! ^__^

Thank you for your feedback! :)

Top Bottom