Season of the Elves is ending soon!

+

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Season of the Elves is ending soon!

The wind calms down. That means the Season of the Elves and the Pro Ladder season are about to end.

You've got time till 10AM (CEST) on April 30th to fight for these rewards:

Titles, borders and avatars will be distributed soon after both seasons end.
Next seasons, Season of the Viper and Pro Ladder, will start the same day.

Hurry up, Iorveth won’t be waiting!

Does anyone know if the entire calendar of themed seasons has been shared? As in, the themes for the seasons we haven't been through yet, since they started naming them(last October I think). Just curious. Season of the Viper has a nice ring to it.

This season is ended for me, yesterday a netdecker with mcbeards swordmasters used hawkers to buff warduncer. GM play ...
i am so disgusted of gwent now, keep your titles cdpr, i dont play anymore until you balance this mess.
:bored:

Pruny;n10857241 said:
This season is ended for me, yesterday a netdecker with mcbeards swordmasters used hawkers to buff warduncer. GM play ...
i am so disgusted of gwent now, keep your titles cdpr, i dont play anymore until you balance this mess.
:bored:

Uh. What's the big deal with buffing a wardancer? That's not as good as buffing a swordmaster. Not to mention this deck isn't even the best deck by a long shot.

Season of the Viper... ironic seeing how Viper Witcher decks with alchemy resurrections are absolutely overpowered and overplayed these days

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Lilayah;n10854511 said:
Some balance changes will be introduced in patch in May :)

So, I sincerely wish that with the season of the Vipers, Vipers actually get nerfed/balaced/fixed. I just forfeit a game in which a VW did 11 damage. I setup Impregnable Fog for my two Ancient Foglets in round 2 so that the Foglets will survive a 10 damage VW. But, when I deployed it was killed in a single shot by a VW. And I was sure they will have 3 ointments and even if I manage to win round 2 miraculously, I will be destroyed in round 3 with 16+ power bronze cards. Seriously CDPR, fix this abomination called VWs. No point in allowing 6 bronze cards worth of 15+ points with no freaking setup on the board required. I have to spawn a Impregnable Fog, Deploy a AF and wait till 5 rounds after that (effectively 7 rounds) to get 16 points worth from my bronze. How is this logical? How is this acceptable? Don't listen to people who play this pathetic deck saying that "having a lot of alchemy cards will hurt you". It doesn't.

Must Fix:
Fix VW - which allows six 15+ bronze cards when the game starts with absolutely no setup required on the board.
Fix Tuirsearch Vetaran - a 7 power bronze who does what a 8 power silver (Dennis Cranmer) does. 1 possible silver cards vs 3 possible bronze cards. Either make veteran Silver or set his base power much lower, or make this effect only to the units on board. You guys are smart, you should know how to fix this (or make Dennis Cranmer a bronze and set his base power to 7. You know. Fair.)
Fix Greatsword - When he enters graveyard, set his power to his base power 8. He can easily win two rounds. A single copy of this card can do it. With all the resurrection going on, it is impossible to stop him. Not even a gold card will help anyone to win two rounds (an entire game).
Fix Barclay - Almost always he plays Cleaver which is worth a 20+ point play. Increase his base power and allow him to only play bronze.

And fix other bronzes which gets 12 points without any setup required. Decide on the base power of a average bronze (11?), and silver(13?) and make sure that if someone has to get more value out of it, it should only be through setup on the board and working with other cards (and a single card should allow only winning a single round).

StrykerxS77x;n10862781 said:
Uh. What's the big deal with buffing a wardancer? That's not as good as buffing a swordmaster. Not to mention this deck isn't even the best deck by a long shot.

this meta spy abuse has made people crazy on abusing warduncers
:disgust:
i play heroes 7 and dont care anymore, call me when balance patch is released...

Don't listen to people who play this pathetic deck saying that "having a lot of alchemy cards will hurt you". It doesn't

it actually does. There is no bronze alchemy card after Mahakam Ale and Ointment that gets you consistently good value. Swallow is 10 it needs a novice to be even worth as much as an elf hunter. Thunderbolt potion is laughable in non armor decks. Mardroeme is situational. Shrike and Petri's philter are worse Ales, and bad in a short round. Crow's Eye is worse than ale too.

I am not saying Alchemy is all well and good. It does need to be changed. But that change is the least dire currently. Alchemy is arguably the least powerful Tier 1 deck, it has no particular advantage over any other Tier 1 deck (Brouver lacks targets to reset or hit with the Vips, Henselt has too many machines, axemen have so much weather they don't even need the actual units on the board and vets have a far better round 3. Oh and Greatswords have a far better Round 3 AND more revivals than the max amount of removal in an Alchemy deck.

So, with all things considered, Vipers are the last thing that needs to be changed from the problematic cards of the meta, not the first.

ser2440;n10876311 said:
... So, with all things considered, Vipers are the last thing that needs to be changed from the problematic cards of the meta, not the first.

Vipers maybe no, but when Oppo plays your deck better than you with Slave Drivers, this is where you need to change things.

Ach. It only took me three days of 200-point fluctuations, which comprised of some truly dreary chains of defeats, but I've finally managed to reach rank 20! The lavender title of Swordmaster (along with its curiously bladeless border) awaits.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Riven-Twain;n10894561 said:
Ach. It only took me three days of 200-point fluctuations, which comprised of some truly dreary chains of defeats, but I've finally managed to reach rank 20! The lavender title of Swordmaster (along with its curiously bladeless border) awaits.

Which kind of dreary? The Viper Witcher kind? No other defeat is as dreary or frustrating or annoying as a defeat to the NG bloody freaking alchemy decks IMHO. And they are everywhere, at least 50% of the matchups.

rrc;n10894691 said:
Which kind of dreary? The Viper Witcher kind? No other defeat is as dreary or frustrating or annoying as a defeat to the NG bloody freaking alchemy decks IMHO. And they are everywhere, at least 50% of the matchups.

Ay, those vipers were an annoyance, but they had plenty of company in that regard. Personally, I found the Greatsword decks to be the most frustrating, however. I fought plenty of those chaps, and frequently lost.

Really just depends on your preferred deck, which opposing ones you find imbalanced.
i'm running a triple scorch double thunder deck (with a Muzzle to boot), and the Greatswords and VW decks both are my favorite matchups. The first turn that they let their hugely buffed cards match in points and bam scorched for an easy win. And literally nothing tops watching a greatsword deck buff their way up to 16+, followed by Thunder + muzzle + hello 18 point card on my side.

Right now, the one that gives me the most trouble with my preferred scorch deck are Henselt machine decks.... i can never seem to kill off enough machines - they always seem to pull off the graveyard->deck + henselt 4 machines on my face combo, and the machines all have such low points that it's hard to scorch them all. I've played that deck and never can get a machine create card to create a machine i actually have in my deck to do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom