Winners of the Art Contest have been chosen!

+

Guest 4226291

marsonwheels;n10898931 said:
I'm sure the Lady painting is Lady Iris, back when things were...better(avoiding spoilers). It would be cool to have another Iris card in the game.

I hope that particular Noonwraith makes it into the game. Not only is the art great, but it's from a classic quest. One of the first mysteries Geralt solves in W3.

And if that's the Lady of the Lake - what a great idea for a card! If not, the art is fantastic either way. Congrats to the winners. Now I want to see all the other entries!

PS: Marlene(the spoon lady) NEEDS to be in Gwent! And ... Corvo Bianco ;)

Thank you. I still haven’t done either DLC so I’m glad I just didn’t get spoiled. Appreciate the courtesy :)

Abit surprised really but nonetheless congrats to the winners. Glad that atleast lady of the lake made the cut.

Here's hoping her effect atleast in some aspect reflects the art.

How do you choose a winner in this case. I was blown away with the amount of amazing artists who are familiar with the series. Too many to choose a proper winner

Seems the Community had the better taste, the second and third are no were near the quality of the Community favorites

some of the best are left out and community prize ones look far better than the first second and third ones. poor taste it's a shame.

the "greedy god" only communicated with the people above the ground through his voice and they never saw him unless that happens if geralt leaves him alone. other wise its just a wrong illustration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruthless95;n10904021 said:
the "greedy god" only communicated with the people above the ground through his voice and they never saw him

This is true of the Sylvan that pretended to be a god, using only his voice - I believe his name was Fugas.

However, Sylvans are known for playing tricks and manipulating humans, as well as having insatiable appetites for all manner of earthly pleasures. So, technically it could be another sylvan.

But, I agree, it does kind of misrepresent that quest from W3. Fantastic art in any case.

Last edited by a moderator:
bojerbela;n10900031 said:
Yes, she is Lydia...and that leaf before/on her face is brilliant...
Wow, impressive. And a lovable charachter even for
Vilgefortz haters
like me. She deserves a spot in Gwent.

I only hope that CDP finds some inspiration here... The top positions are taken by true artists - congratulations!

Except the spotted wight - you aren't serious with this, are you? I can only pretend I didn't see this and hope gwent does not turn into ugly comics series...

Congrats to all the winners! For an art contest i was blown away by the skill of each contestant,well done!

love the submissions. The DamienZ one gives off a hellboy vibe to me.

I'm in agreement with some of the earlier posters that the submissions need a proper art gallery to view them many months from now. The art is one of gwents greatest assets so please show it off

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
marsonwheels;n10902881 said:
Is there a place to see all the other contributions?

At the moment we're not planning to have a page where we would showcase submissions that didn't win.

Vattier;n10917125 said:
At the moment we're not planning to have a page where we would showcase submissions that didn't win.

In my, and apparently most of the people here's opinion, you should :) It's excellent artwork. And it's homage to the game you make. You can treat it as fanart of the project that you work on.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I'd love to be able to see all of the art.

marsonwheels;n10904231 said:
This is true of the Sylvan that pretended to be a god, using only his voice - I believe his name was Fugas.

However, Sylvans are known for playing tricks and manipulating humans, as well as having insatiable appetites for all manner of earthly pleasures. So, technically it could be another sylvan.

But, I agree, it does kind of misrepresent that quest from W3. Fantastic art in any case.

according to the creator of the art dario this is the illustration of allgod the same quest. so yea wrong illustration unless he is left alone. even then idk why ppl would keep worshiping him when they see him. sry dunno how to use spoiler tags.

Top Bottom