The battle between Monsters and Skellige is on!

+
The battle between Monsters and Skellige is on!

Join the ferocious Monsters or the proud warriors of Skellige and show your strength throughout a week of intense skirmishes – that’s right, a new Faction Challenge begins!

The most loyal supporters of both factions will be rewarded:

But that’s not all – as an additional reward, we’re introducing a Faction Premium Keg Week! After the Faction Challenge ends on May 29th, 12 PM CEST (noon), each 5th card in the opened kegs will be automatically upgraded to Premium if it belongs to the winning faction. As an example, if the armies of bloodthirsty Monsters win the Challenge, every Monsters card that you will see in the “Choose 1 out of 3” part of the keg opening, will be Premium. The event will last till Monday, June 4th, 12 PM CEST (noon) and will affect all players, regardless of whether they participated in the Faction Challenge or not.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
  1. Go into the Faction Challenge tile located in the in-game News section.
  2. Choose one of the two warring factions you wish to support: Monsters or Skellige.
  3. Play and win games with your faction across Casual, Ranked and Pro Ladder modes to unlock faction rewards.
—————————————————————————————————————————
  • Games won before committing to a specific faction will not count toward your challenge progress.
  • Your challenge progress is determined by wins against all factions: those participating (Monsters, Skellige) and not participating (Scoia'tael, Northern Realms, Nilfgaard) in the challenge.
  • Playing games via friend challenge or in the Arena will not count toward your challenge progress.
  • After reaching a milestone, you will immediately receive a corresponding reward.
  • Information about your completed milestones can be found in the in-game Notifications tab (Social Panel).

Last edited:
Ok apart from some dumb choices in today's patch, you've also came up with the dumb choice of locking kegs for a weekend to anyone that do not want the winning faction. Whats next on the list of dumb decisions after this??

Seriously? Monsters Vs Skellige? Time for Monsters to lose again. Awesome.

Also, what sort of update was that? just what?

I quite like your idea for the winning faction's rewards but seriously, there are issues that have been going on for months. You are not leaving much of a choice aside from just leaving the game and returning with Homecoming.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Azure2290;n10954055 said:
you've also came up with the dumb choice of locking kegs for a weekend to anyone that do not want the winning faction.

They're literally just giving you free stuff. It is strictly better than a normal keg, you're not forced to pick a Monsters card. Some people will complain about absolutely anything...

Free stuff wont save gwent, but listening to comunity sugestions. Anyway i will revive my old Eredin control deck and smash some GS with Eskel. :)

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
ser2440;n10954166 said:
Seriously? Monsters Vs Skellige? Time for Monsters to lose again. Awesome.

Also, what sort of update was that? just what?

I quite like your idea for the winning faction's rewards but seriously, there are issues that have been going on for months. You are not leaving much of a choice aside from just leaving the game and returning with Homecoming.

I totally agree. Why CDPR shows so much love and care and bias for one faction? As the company which develops the game it should be neutral. But it doesn't seem so. Community and individual players can be biased on a faction, but not the company itself.

Pruny;n10954199 said:
Free stuff wont save gwent, but listening to comunity sugestions. Anyway i will revive my old Eredin control deck and smash some GS with Eskel. :)

Only to be resurrected with so many options they have to bring it back on. How many Eskels you plan to have? Four? :p

he he, Eskel was my finisher :) you move the ships in frost with drowners in round1 so they dont buff GS. Also run Scorch and Compresion, and Muzle :)

• RED Point
Well, this is unpleasant...
Not really a good time for this Challenge, it only means that we get to see Consume and GS almost exclusively until the ranked season ends...
Feels unnecessary...

cainite;n10954433 said:
Well, this is unpleasant...
Not really a good time for this Challenge, it only means that we get to see Consume and GS almost exclusively until the ranked season ends...
Feels unnecessary...

Could also mean a deck that counters both of those (like NG alchemy with Sweers) will be a good choice.
I easily made it into top 1000 last season because my deck has ~90% winrate against Brouver.

Azure2290;n10954055 said:
Ok apart from some dumb choices in today's patch, you've also came up with the dumb choice of locking kegs for a weekend to anyone that do not want the winning faction. Whats next on the list of dumb decisions after this??

it's hardly a lock... IF one of the 5th cards is from the winning faction it gets upgraded to premium. they aren't changing faction drop rate, so it's still 50/50 whether you get a card from any particular faction.... which means you can still choose a different card.

it does annoy me, because it fucks up my tracking of premium drop rate... since I have indication that the keg is special from the cards shown (unlike premium weekend kegs where all 3 of the picks are premium)

Spies also do well in those matchups (Greatswords and consume that is), though I'd suggest Sweers. as the 6th silver nevertheless. It's hard to kill all nekkers with enforcers alone.

I can't stand some people in these comment sections, babbling random stuff which is simply not true. Next time, actually READ and COMPREHEND the article before you jump into the comments and start hating on things that does no exsist.

Can we get a time extension? i didn't see it advertised before today, just a week to farm the wins seems a bit short (even if it started last week)

throdin;n10954886 said:
Can we get a time extension? i didn't see it advertised before today, just a week to farm the wins seems a bit short (even if it started last week)

It didn't start last week. It started today. There seems to be a problem with dates and times in the forums.

All the people complaining about Skellige: keep in mind that skellige lost both of its previous challenges (the very 1st vs NR and vs ST). Also, monsters have an astronomical amount of grave hate, so it should be favored.

ser2440;n10954904 said:
It didn't start last week. It started today. There seems to be a problem with dates and times in the forums.

I think they have their posts prepared from a week before and hidden, then just edit them a few days before publishing them (because you can see last updated: yesterday etc in them). So far the dates were correct for me.

Regarding the pairing: it's not like CDPR favor Skellige or hate Monsters (or you :)). They're rotating the factions. SK wasn't included in the past two challenges, and the only other faction they didn't match against, NG had one challenge just last month. So it's literally the only pairing that makes sense in this regard.
I'm also not convinced about the one-sidedness of this matchup, as MO has good graveyard hate. But yeah I also predict a SK win.

As for timing, I'd also have preferred a season start or mid-season schedule than messing with the finish.
I'm conflicted myself at the moment as I don't have the SK vanities yet, but I don't want to ditch my tried and true MO deck with which I've climb the ladder so far. So maybe I'll just postpone becoming a Pirate Captain until Skellige faces Nilfgaard. :)

I had the Skellige titel and border from previous challange, so I take Monster. Right now I checked my trinkets: no Skellige border and Pirate Captain title is locked...what the...?

Top Bottom