The Swap update is now live!

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Esmer;n10954445 said:
I am primarily a SK player, and even I am surprised to see no changes to Hym, Greatswords and probably Bearmasters. CDPR nerfed all top tier decks except GS which already had the highest winrate.

Not only you, but I think the entire CDPR team are primarily SK players when they play this game. :')

StrykerxS77x;n10954283 said:
To be fair they didn't touch vipers/ointment either.

Alchemy already was hardly a tier 1 deck (its winrate is around 50% at 3900+), and it was weakened a lot by the nerfs to the NG runestone and Black Blood.
However, since GS were left as is and all other top decks were nerfed, it's quite possible alchemy will rise as a counter to GS.

I also expect consume to be more competitive now since it was already good (~50% winrate at the highest ranks) and one of its bad matchups (Henselt) was nerfed.

rrc;n10954508 said:
Not only you, but I think the entire CDPR team are primarily SK players when they play this game. :')

Perhaps, but I don't play GS decks.

Actually, Bran deck I use was weakened by Olgierd nerf. A bit surprising they left Morkvarg unchanged.

Voidrofl;n10954544 said:
Indeed, most of the changes were just blanket nerfs.

I think they just forgot about increasing the milling. Otherwise they'd at least increase the Dun Banner milling value, since it wasn't a change like the other cards but a nerf. Also all the swap cards shouldve at least get it since its a nerf in general to swap.

Why are you doing this 8 days before the season end? Even though these changes are really good, it looks like big "F**K YOU!" to everyone who wanted to climb in upcoming days.

smgtn;n10954022 said:
hi guys. so milling nerfed card is not full value?

Kingoko;n10954058 said:
no full mill value? :O

Tir_na_Lia;n10954316 said:
What about full milling value for nerfed cards?

Haigrill;n10954580 said:
I think they just forgot about increasing the milling. Otherwise they'd at least increase the Dun Banner milling value, since it wasn't a change like the other cards but a nerf. Also all the swap cards shouldve at least get it since its a nerf in general to swap.

:: Ahem ::
Houston, we have a problem.
The changes to most of these cards makes them "no longer fit for intended purpose"....

.... Also, please stop ruining all my fun 30% winrate decks. NG Swarm gutted by a random doomed tag, Slave Robbers gutted by the Slave Driver change, Seriously, stop that! = P

Esmer;n10954559 said:
Perhaps, but I don't play GS decks.

Actually, Bran deck I use was weakened by Olgierd nerf. A bit surprising they left Morkvarg unchanged.

Well, Morkvarg goes straight into the board, so you can AC/Muzzle/Mandrake/Lock him. It's a minor difference, but I prefer it this way. With Olgierd, only Silver or Gold Graveyard hate would save you, namely Caretaker, Ozzrel, Αssire or necromancy. Out of the 3 options, 1 is unplayable 1 is NG specific and 2 are Monsters specific.

What bugs me is that now Olgierd is unplayable. Sticking him to the Deathwish deck makes no sense, since all tutors for deathwish units like the she-troll or Maerolorn are for bronze cards. Additionally, his deathwish cannot be triggered by the Griffin at all, and even if it could, it's worse than a D'ao, and only marginally better than an archespore's deathwish. It's now a silver which is worse than a bronze and it's got absolutely no place anywhere.

Vattier;n10954811 said:
UPDATE: Changed cards will have increased value for milling for 3 days following the release of the patch – until Friday, May 25th, 12 PM CEST (noon). Card list has been added to the first post.

:smiling2:

Stop whining about the update as they only made few changes which are quite easy to do, It make no sense to go for risky time consuming change when cdpr is moving to totally different approach with homecoming in coming few months. It's better if they focus & put more time on homecoming rather than old things.

If you think game is not balanced then it's better to take break & come later for homecoming if you want to. They already mentioned that this is the past patch for the current state of game so I don't see any use of whining posts.

rrc;n10954178 said:
Greatswords when they move to Graveyard should be set with their base power. This was an awesome suggestion. Simple to fix and fixing one of the most broken cards. (Yeah yeah, Muzzle and AC will ruin it, so everyone should have them in their deck?)

*Sigh* Ever heard of risk and reward? If you never get punished by not running tech cards, Gwent would become a point-slam fiesta( remember dwarves meta a few months back?). GS excels at generating points in a long round and if the engines are not dealt with, can result in a powerful burst in R3. However, it CAN be tech against(said it yourself) and it's up to you to decide whether you want to counter it or not. If you don't, then make sure you can keep up with its points and be very aware of its R3 potential.

Some matche-ups are decided even in the deck buliding phase, it is the nature of the game( every card game). You lose some, you gain some....that's just the way it is.

Last edited:
rrc;n10954331 said:
The same goes for Wardancer, Brouver, etc. right? A lot of people complained about it and it got balanced. To be clear and honest, I don't use/play any of the those broken cards. No WD, Brouver, Clever, VW, SD, GW, anything.

When one part of the game gets balanced, why not the whole of the game?

I cannot agree more. SK GS is untouched while all of its competitions got nerfed. I didn't play much Alchemy or Brouver elf swarm or Henselt machine but it is obviously unfair when top 3 of 4 archetypes have been nerfed except that #1.

On second thought though, CDPR needs to stop listening to every whinny complaints from ppl who can't get their favorite decks to higher ranks or who just plain don't like what CDPR does with Gwent. Some changes made are reasonable but some are a little too much. At some point, CDPR has to put your foot down on certain design decisions and drive forward with them. Both of the guys from the video looked unenthusiastic and disappointed, I can only imagine what's going through the Gwent team.

l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n10954940 said:
If you think game is not balanced then it's better to take break & come later for homecoming if you want to. They already mentioned that this is the past patch for the current state of game so I don't see any use of whining posts.

The game was balanced, but it was stale for a long time. However, for some reason CDPR decided to nerf all top tier decks except SK and monsters. The latter is ok since monsters were not very strong. However, greatswords is one of the most popular decks with the highest winrate. And that is the reason for, as you call it, whining.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Silver Runestone cards still with the ability to pull an "answer anything" card with the now added feature of possibly being a random Bronze card as well? Yeah, no thanks.
You may have limited it's consistency but the fact is that it still remains possible to high-roll your way out of any situation with these cards.

Got my MTG Arena beta key yesterday so I guess I will see you guys at Homecoming :)

Esmer;n10954982 said:
The game was balanced, but it was stale for a long time. However, for some reason CDPR decided to nerf all top tier decks except SK and monsters. The latter is ok since monsters were not very strong. However, greatswords is one of the most popular decks with the highest winrate. And that is the reason for, as you call it, whining.

That's what I said, reason of whining dosen't matter as they already mention this is going to be last patch for open beta gwent. Do you even try the old decks with new changes or try to make new decks ? I am quite sure you don't as you are too much busy here whining about GS :D

Esmer;n10954982 said:

Easy victories for my spies personally :p But if you play monsters in the faction challenge, and invest in a Caretaker and Ozzrel, you'll be well rewarded too. Unlike Brouver which was based on coinflip abuse, Greatswords have some weaknesses universally exploitable. The main problem is that you are a skellige player, and I can't think of a skellige archetype able to go toe-to-toe with Greatswords in the case of a "civil war" :p With axemen, I've played against Greatswords a total of about 4 times, I won 2 of them, but in all cases it was really hard and tricky to navigate. Veterans simply lack the points to compete, so the only other option is king bran, you know that deck with berserkers and longships and Shieldsmiths which I haven't tried. It looks like your best option would be something like that but with Donar an Hindar to steal the most powerful greatsword in R3 (doesn't matter what you lock).

At any rate, I think if you make a control heavy Skellige deck (Muzzle, AC, Coral, Mandrake and possibly Donar too) you stand to gain the advantage. However Skellige as a faction has only a few control options. If you went ahead and chose SK in the faction challenge, it might be best to focus on other opponents, ignoring the GS as much as possible.

Good luck, above all. I am personally staying out of this faction challenge, as I have the monster faction challenge rewards and the only competitive SK archetype I find interesting enough is Axemen, and I really don't want to have that deck go up against Greatswords. I might change my mind later though :p

I am unable to mill by premium Brouver. Is anyone else having this issue? The selection is grayed out and unselectable, as if I don't own it.

Anyone else having the same issue?

ser2440;n10955006 said:
The main problem is that you are a skellige player, and I can't think of a skellige archetype able to go toe-to-toe with Greatswords in the case of a "civil war"

I can, Bran should be good even despite Olgierd nerf.

But I already have all 4 faction borders except monsters, so Ozzrel + Caretaker + Muzzle sounds like a plan.

Top Bottom