PATCH 0.8.25 -- Out Now

+
4RM3D;n7177820 said:
There is a middle ground somewhere. Now I am not talking specifically about this game, but in general... One could invest a lot of time and (real) money to create a deck. Then suddenly some cards change and the whole deck collapses. That would leave a pretty bitter taste. Of course you can't be compensated for the whole deck. But you could at least give some compensation. For bronze up to epic it doesn't really matter. But legendary cards are costly.

If (legendary) cards are overpowered that's the fault of the developer. The player shouldn't get punished. It's not like all players actively (ab)use those cards.

Anything is better than nothing.

Of course every card still costs the same, but cards can become weaker and they will lose their actual value. It's like you buy a car and a week later during checkup the mechanic tweaks the engine to reduce the speed, just because. Then I would rather return the car and find another one to suit my needs.

Ignoring all the slippery slope and straw-man args. There is no market for cards so you lost no value at all. Second, it takes at most 1 week to craft any card provided you play regularly which in a close beta you are expected to because that's the point. Lastly NO TCG company refunds banned or erratum-ed cards, Not Nintendo, not Wizards none. Finally this IS a beta all the cards are expected to change and you should expect your account is expected to be cleared before this goes live.

This patch broke 3/5 of my decks built on really cheap tactics and its actually a very good thing. It also changed most of the cards i use in my decks that remain active

This patch for me is quiet balance not expect that a few card still OP. But I still love it. Cause I didn't see much exploit tactics and deck with super power now.

Good job CD Projekt RED.

4RM3D;n7177820 said:
There is a middle ground somewhere. Now I am not talking specifically about this game, but in general... One could invest a lot of time and (real) money to create a deck. Then suddenly some cards change and the whole deck collapses. That would leave a pretty bitter taste. Of course you can't be compensated for the whole deck. But you could at least give some compensation. For bronze up to epic it doesn't really matter. But legendary cards are costly.

If (legendary) cards are overpowered that's the fault of the developer. The player shouldn't get punished. It's not like all players actively (ab)use those cards.

Anything is better than nothing.

Of course every card still costs the same, but cards can become weaker and they will lose their actual value. It's like you buy a car and a week later during checkup the mechanic tweaks the engine to reduce the speed, just because. Then I would rather return the car and find another one to suit my needs.

And when the cards get buffed again? Then you should issue a refund to CDPR, right? And comparing a car to a card game is not a fair comparison. The car can only get worse over the years, the cards are digital and are usable always, even when nerfed. Let alone the fact that when they get buffed again you want them again.

Ellianis;n7177930 said:
Ignoring all the slippery slope and straw-man args. There is no market for cards so you lost no value at all.

When people can pay real money for cards, it means there is a value.

Ellianis;n7177930 said:
Second, it takes at most 1 week to craft any card provided you play regularly which in a close beta you are expected to because that's the point.

Maybe, but that's besides the point.

Ellianis;n7177930 said:
Lastly NO TCG company refunds banned or erratum-ed cards, Not Nintendo, not Wizards none.

For online games it's more common. You can (easily) change cards in an online format. Hearthstone does it, for example and compensates for it.

Ellianis;n7177930 said:
Finally this IS a beta all the cards are expected to change and you should expect your account is expected to be cleared before this goes live.

True, though the developers stated they want to avoid a complete wipe. But even if they do a wipe, it will be the same for everyone, regardless.

Ellianis;n7177930 said:
This patch broke 3/5 of my decks built on really cheap tactics and its actually a very good thing. It also changed most of the cards i use in my decks that remain active

I am not complaining my decks broke down. I was already expecting a nerf and acted accordingly. Then they nerfed even more cards. If I had known, I would have created different gold cards. Now I have to wait before I can properly fix my deck.

DirkAustin;n7179400 said:
And when the cards get buffed again? Then you should issue a refund to CDPR, right? And comparing a car to a card game is not a fair comparison. The car can only get worse over the years, the cards are digital and are usable always, even when nerfed. Let alone the fact that when they get buffed again you want them again.

You do not have to be reimbursed for positive changes. Besides, it's never possible to fully compensate for every kind of loss, nor should the devs even try this. But I still think there should be some form of compensation even if it's a little bit.

As for the car example... Gwent is finite also. Once the servers go down, you'll lose everything. Besides that, you could imagine the car example in a digital world (e.g. GTA online) and it would still hold true. But those comparisons go beyond the scope of this discussion.

Thanks for always working on improving things CDPR!

I had a few nasty surprises because I did not know all of the changes, but whatever. And too bad for the ST Commando Neophyte deck I was planning; I will need to rethink how to make that work.

Also, I like the new design before battle and the statistics screen is pretty nice, too.

However, I am not sure about showing the player's levels. Though it is satisfying to beat someone your level or higher, I just stomped a level 1 player, and now I feel kind of bad about it...
So, I hope the game pairs players not only by actual level, but also by number of cards available, victories and deafeats, and whichever hidden stats you have. (Maybe I was the lowest player available at that moment?)

Top Bottom