Scheduled maintenance of GWENT's servers

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Scheduled maintenance of GWENT's servers

We are performing a scheduled maintenance of GWENT's servers. During the server downtime, we will deploy the newest update including Ranked Mode as well as revamped XP and reward systems. As a consequence of the changes the update introduces, your player level will be set to 10 (if you were below that level, nothing will be changed). The maintenance should conclude at 3PM CET.

See you soon!

ffabrao;n7284830 said:
Why worry? It's going to reset after BETA stage anyways! :D

Not exactly. The team said more than once that if a wipe can be avoided, it will be. Chances of a wipe are still there but they are not so sure and at this stage I only think it's normal if people worry about upcoming changes and such. :)

ffabrao;n7284830 said:
Why worry? It's going to reset after BETA stage anyways! :D

Probably because i have nearly 170 cards and have been saving up Ore and scraps to spend on the new cards coming with the patch? i'd rather know about this sort of stuff personally lol.

Not that it matters as i just read that Marcin said on reddit that they are not taking anything away just tweaking progression and XP/Rewards work so it's all good. :D

Last edited:
MoleWitcher;n7284030 said:
Will anything else be reset? will i keep my cards, ore and scraps etc for example?

Marcin answered that question on Reddit :

Just a level change. We're not taking anything away. We're tweaking the progression system and the way XP/rewards work.

PandoraWTF;n7284880 said:
Not exactly. The team said more than once that if a wipe can be avoided, it will be. Chances of a wipe are still there but they are not so sure and at this stage I only think it's normal if people worry about upcoming changes and such. :)

They will wipe it when they go live.

I'm not sure about how many cards I have or if I played a lot compared to other players. I'm level 85 (Going to be level 10 after this patch I guess). I think the fair thing to do is to wipe when the game goes live. It's simply unfair with the players that are not having the same opportunity we are, playing the game in advance.

Snfonseka;n7285720 said:
They will wipe it when they go live.

Quoting directly from the FAQs on the website:

Do you plan on wiping progress during Beta in the future?

It’s possible. However, should this happen, you‘ll be informed in advance.

There was also a thread where this was being discussed a while ago and one of the Gwent team members specified again that IF a wipe will be needed there will be one, but that they will try to avoid it. Now, this doesn't mean that there won't be a wipe, simply that it's not sure if there will be either.

ffabrao;n7285880 said:
I'm not sure about how many cards I have or if I played a lot compared to other players. I'm level 85 (Going to be level 10 after this patch I guess). I think the fair thing to do is to wipe when the game goes live. It's simply unfair with the players that are not having the same opportunity we are, playing the game in advance.

Your logic make sense only to some extent: whoever bought kegs for real money will still get the same amount of kegs that they had before, starting with an obvious advantage compared to the people that didn't spend any money so far. It is normal in my opinion that whoever pays should be advantaged somehow but once the game goes live there will be plenty of players starting from zero, so I don't think the main reason for a wipe should be the one of giving equal chances to everyone.

well it's past 3 PM CET by 40 minutes. Something went wrong? The troll got lost in the woods? T_T get me my game guys! xD

R3dLine237;n7286280 said:
well it's past 3 PM CET by 40 minutes. Something went wrong? The troll got lost in the woods? T_T get me my game guys! xD

It's updating now (2go) at least on PC.

First game after the patch and my opponent has animated cards, and tons of new cards... ok... either he had tons of kegs or it's a dev :)

Sunsibar;n7286750 said:
Did you try to restart GOG or XBOX?

Just realised that I hadn't updated it through the GOG client. I don't have my GOG client open all the time because my tray is already full of steam and the like. Thanks for the advice, currently downloading a 2GB update!

Top Bottom