GWENT Closed Beta Status Update

+
OhioK;n8110060 said:
so we are being punished for using game currency to buy kegs instead of actual money?

what??
this has no sense at all
actually, they will earn us with 2 kegs every 5 levels and 2 keggs per rank level.. and they are testing the game since august..

Burza46;n7627510 said:
That’s why we need to reset everyone’s card collection (fear not — we’ll give you back all the Kegs you purchased with real money!) and game progress (player level, Ore and Scraps

Does this mean that cards in the collection are automatically converted in to scrap or I need to convert everything in to scrap before Open Beta for that to carry over?

rainwatr;n8156180 said:
Does this mean that cards in the collection are automatically converted in to scrap or I need to convert everything in to scrap before Open Beta for that to carry over?

Neither. You'll lose all cards and scrap.

Here’s what you’ll get:
  • Every Card Keg you purchased — we will return you the amount of Kegs you bought with real money.
  • Card Kegs for Player Levels — starting from level 5, you get 2 Kegs every 5 levels.
  • Card Kegs for your rank — 2 Kegs for each rank.
  • All end-season rewards.
  • All items granted as gifts from CD PROJEKT RED (like the gift premium Geralt card).

4RM3D;n8157770 said:
Neither. You'll lose all cards and scrap.
So you're saying when they promise to give back Game Progression in the form of Ore and scrap, that's not literal. It will be indirectly fulfilled in the form of Kegs for Player lvls, rank and end-season rewards. You're absolutely certain this is what they mean?

rainwatr;n8159930 said:
Kegs for Player lvls, rank and end-season rewards. You're absolutely certain this is what they mean?

And all the kegs you've bought with money. That's what the devs have stated:

Since Open Beta will mark a significant influx of new players, we want everyone to start on equal ground. That’s why we need to reset everyone’s card collection and game progress (player level, Ore and Scraps).

So, yeah.

:facepalm: i'm stand why !!! there is 9 wild hunt riders in the collection when you can not use them all .... i got the nithral card with the ablity of removing strength from opposite side once a wild card appears on your side and i just bought all of the wild hunt riders ... i went to the card deck to prepare them but i realized that you just can take 3 of them into battle .... and i'm stand why we have 9 of them in card collection witch not make sense! is this a bug?

farshad71;n8160470 said:
i'm stand why we have 9 of them in card collection witch not make sense! is this a bug?

It's not a bug. All trio cards, like Queensguard, Reaver Hunter, Temerian Foot Soldier and Nekker have three different artworks, while you can only use up to three max. The different artwork is just for flavour.

Burza46;n7627510 said:
UPDATE: By end of next week, everyone who signed up in 2016 will receive GWENT beta access. We’ll be sending more invitations as we go.

I'm a bit confused. What about those who signed up in 2017 (like me)? Why would we need invitation for an "open" beta?

Can someone please explain? :)

It doesn't say "Open Beta access", it says "Gwent Beta access". Considering it was announced in early February it was just an update for how far they already got with invitations.

TV_JayArr;n8162380 said:
It doesn't say "Open Beta access", it says "Gwent Beta access". Considering it was announced in early February it was just an update for how far they already got with invitations.

Okay. I received my "closed beta invitation" as soon as I signed up. That's why that wasn't clear for me (didn't know some people were still waiting for their invitations even though they signed up in 2016...).

So, I guess everyone will be treated the same way as long as they've entered the closed beta. Good to know ;)

I think this is a fair way to do things. It's a bit of fun too - we get to reopen packs all over again en masse. It might be a bit lame if you re-open and don't get as many legendarys for example, but on the whole I say well done CDPR and good job!

Maybe just add allowing all players to keep any premium cards they've found in opened kegs also. So much luck is involved. Most are not that lucky to have lightning strike twice.

I wish they'd just get on with the open Beta, I feel I'm losing interest in the game a bit because it feels pointless playing on with no real goal - knowing a wipe is incoming. I get a sense of this even from the more popular Gwent streamers, feels like they're just passing time now streaming the game.

Cagey75;n8363870 said:
I wish they'd just get on with the open Beta, I feel I'm losing interest in the game a bit because it feels pointless playing on with no real goal - knowing a wipe is incoming. I get a sense of this even from the more popular Gwent streamers, feels like they're just passing time now streaming the game.

Got the same feeling. I barely feel motivated to log in....

Cagey75;n8363870 said:

On the other hand, do you really want an open beta when the game is still not balanced enough? I am guessing at least one more major patch is coming before open beta.

4RM3D;n8369340 said:
On the other hand, do you really want an open beta when the game is still not balanced enough? I am guessing at least one more major patch is coming before open beta.

Exactly, remember that we are here to help the dev team, not (only) for fun. CDPR left us free to try everything while in closed beta of other games i joined, the dev asked for specific tests.
For example: "ok, Nilfgaard faction has been released, we provided you a full set of cards and you have to try that faction because we need feedback", or something like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom