Hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

We've just issued a hotfix for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. Below is the full list of changes.

Gameplay - card Strength / abilities changes:

Neutral
  • Yennefer: The Conjurer's Strength changed from 7 to 5.
Skellige
  • Draig Bon Dhu will now be Relentless.
  • Cerys' Strength changed from 12 o 8.
  • King Bran's buff value changed from 2 to 1.
Game Fixes Changes
  • Sarah should no longer get double points when Weather Effects are spawned by opponent's Coral.
  • Fleeting Units should no longer stay in the middle of the board after being discarded by Bran's ability.
  • Isengrim will no longer spawn Scoia'tael Neophytes when the opponent plays Decoy.
  • Foltest will not be able to copy spying Units.
  • Tuirseach Axeman with Resilience will not be buffed by Units cleared from the Battlefield at the end of the round.
  • Harpies will not spawn more eggs when pushed by Geralt: Aard.
  • Hawker Support will not be boosted when the opponent plays Decoy.
  • Units affected by Weather and then replayed on the same row will now have proper Strength.
Game polishes
  • Tooltip changes.

You guys gotta be kidding....so you boosted Ceris deck because it was barely viable and 48 hours later you make it worse than it was before? What a lame....

Edit: Its not mentioned in the list that Draig buff got reduced to 2 ( instead of 3 ).

If you wanted to make fatality to queensguard deck type you greatly succeed.

Last edited:
King Bran nerf? WHAAAAAAAAAT??? He was barely worth using as it was.

Hooray for the Yen nerf though.

The changes make sense(not sure Bran's one was needed tho) and i'm glad we got them so fast, what doesn't make sense is nerfing these cards and not touching Clan Tuirseach Axemen.

i agree whit all comnts, the nerf who is most nedded belong to the axeman, or at least fix the bugs araoud him, everyvody is cestion him, but queensgard brann and cerys were good

Waaaaat!? So theres only 1 SK deck ripping everyone off with this lame mechanic and you guys seriously nerf the other semi-viable deck (cerys) that noone used anyway because of the selfwound SK?...

This kinda makes no sense and further explanation could help the community understand this.

The only nerf that was needed, was the relentless tag against Draig Bon-Dhu. He didn't need to go to +2 base strenght (had +3). The other nerfs were completely unnecessary.

Bran was not a good card, but he made Queensguard viable. The Cerys nerf went way too far. Putting her to 10 is fine, 8 is way too much.

For the first time I'm really disappointed in you, CDPR. Making these huge changes only 48 hours into a new patch.

Last edited:
krimp1;n7717570 said:
The only nerf that was needed was the one against Draig Bon-Dhu. The other cards were perfectly fine.

Even with the Draig as it was, Cerys deck was completely ravaged by selfwound SK and it had alot of counters.

Woah careful with that nerfhammer CDPR! Geez that was harsh. For Draig I get it, but Brann? Seems too much. Maybe Cerys as a 10 would also make sense but not back to 8 probably... Anyway I'm pretty sure things are bound to change lots of times till open beta so we shouldn't be surprised if these changes are not final. I actually like the fact there was a quick hotfix. Cheers on the Yennefer change too she was kind of oppressive.

Seems like too many nerfs at the same time, that basically adress the same problem (CDPR seems to have a tendency to do that - but I can imagine that balancing must be tough as hell)... which from where I stand looks like overnerfing. And no I don't play Queensguard. Yes, I thought that Queensguard +Cerys got too big, too easily... but attacking it from so many perspectives at the same time doesn't seem to cut it: King Bran just turned out to be useful a few days ago - nerfing his okayish ability already feels weird to me (and no, I don't play with Bran, so that's not why I'm saying it). Slightly nerfing the Draig Bon Dhu buff might have been enough and Cerys I see ideally at 10. But that's just my opinion.

Sarah fix is good though and the Yen fix makes the situation more manageable than before (but it's still the issue that factions who can't directly remove 5 strength from a gold unit have a disadvantage).

LOL, come on guys. You can't be serious.

The bug fixes are great, but this is the wrong way to nerf yennefer, and queensguard did not need touched. Draig needed relentless, but that was the only thing you got right.

Just put axemen back to how they used to be (2 per self wound, not from your opponent), make yennefer passive resolve ties randomly instead of hitting multiple units, put queensguard and king bran back to how they were before, and boom. Done. Balance solved.

Last edited:
First of all, we have to understand that the game is in Beta yet, so there will be changes and changes like that, one patch and changes 48h later. I think its a normal thing right now.
Talking about the changes... Nerfs everywhere people. I guess that make balanced nerfs or buffs is really complicated, but I think there are too much nerfs during this two last months.
Eithné deck became totally useless by the nerfs, the same is going on with the Cerys deck. Balance consists in turning OP cards into not-so-OP cards and turning useless cards into useful cards. I know its a difficult work to the CDPR team, but right now the nerfs are turning op cards into useless cards.
There will always be powerful decks, its unnecessary to nerf every deck that is on top, just look at the point that could make it a little less stronger.

By the way, you guys are doing an amazing job with the game, I really love the books and I love the game too. I'm waiting for the open beta.

P.D: Thank you so much for that Yennefer nerf. That "witch" is tough.

cerys at 10 and draig at +2(relentless) would have been enough to bring the deck down... taking 2 extra strength from cerys and king bran went too far.

Top Bottom