GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Update is Now Live!

+
KasumiGoto;n7833760 said:
Rot Tosser's Cow and Kambi

Yes 800 scraps Neutral Legendary Gold card to kill Bronze 1 strength Rot Tosser :/

Kambi? ohh yes that forgotten skellige gold legendary card hahaha :) :/

TH3WITCH3R;n7834610 said:
Yes 800 scraps Neutral Legendary Gold card to kill Bronze 1 strength Rot Tosser :/

I think that it's better for her to be able to do something, rather than not. Also, I'm running into a lot of Branss with QG or Morkvarg + Kambi as of late, so the change is appreciated.

KasumiGoto;n7834960 said:
I think that it's better for her to be able to do something, rather than not. Also, I'm running into a lot of Branss with QG or Morkvarg + Kambi as of late, so the change is appreciated.

Yup so true... & yes change is good.

TH3WITCH3R;n7834610 said:

I was "lucky" to pull her out of a keg and i love the fact that i can kill the cows and other spam they send me.

DMaster2;n7835060 said:
I was "lucky" to pull her out of a keg and i love the fact that i can kill the cows and other spam they send me.

Yehh I think killing cows is the most important thing right now :p :) :/

I have no idea why cows got no nerf. Seems NG is getting bronze versions of legendary cards..
Bronze Caretaker & Now this cow is like Bronze Pavetta hahaha :l

Burza46;n7828250 said:
Merigold's Hailstorm, Skellige Storm and White Frost now let you choose one weather effect. Monsters Ancient Foglet strength changed from 6 to 5.

What the hell? That's a bad joke! :mad:
At the VERY least, all three double weather cards should have been turned to bronze so we can put some actually useful silver cards in our decks. We (weather monster players) are gonna need it, now that we've lost pretty much all our power.

(The bronze single-weather cards can as well be removed, because there is no point whatsoever in them now.)

And no nerft to Eithné, who can re-use a gold card? Because that's not OP at all, as opposed to, say, a 6 str unit that was obviously too strong so it had to be cut down to 5 str... Stop being drunk you guys, seriously :rolleyes:

EDIT: ok, to be constructive:
How about removing the rally option from First Light so players now need to sacrifice a spot to counter a silver(!) weather card with a bronze card?
And give the rally option to the silver(!) double weather cards instead, and suddenly this whole change becomes reasonable.

Last edited:
Thirteen_13;n7835810 said:
What the hell? That's a bad joke! :mad:
At the VERY least, all three double weather cards should have been turned to bronze so we can put some actually useful silver cards in our decks. We (weather monster players) are gonna need it, now that we've lost pretty much all our power.

(The bronze single-weather cards can as well be removed, because there is no point whatsoever in them now.)

And no nerft to Eithné, who can re-use a gold card? Because that's not OP at all, as opposed to, say, a 6 str unit that was obviously too strong so it had to be cut down to 5 str... Stop being drunk you guys, seriously :rolleyes:

EDIT: ok, to be constructive:
How about removing the rally option from First Light so players now need to sacrifice a spot to counter a silver(!) weather card with a bronze card?
And give the rally option to the silver(!) double weather cards instead, and suddenly this whole change becomes reasonable.
Well monsters were broken so you had to expect a nerf.

Burza46;n7828250 said:
  • Merigold's Hailstorm, Skellige Storm and White Frost now let you choose one weather effect.

A Monster's weather deck before the nerf was already under-powered. The weather effect might have been annoying to opponents, but it was easily countered. And when weather is removed the strength of units including buffs fully recover.

I stopped using my weather deck and switched to the only reasonable alternative for Monsters - a consume deck. This way I was finally able to advance in the ranking.

I'm not sure why would anyone want to invest in a weather deck anymore. It was relatively weak before the change.

Last edited:
This game just went ridicules to uninstall. Just used to mill all other faction cards to craft few weather cards and now they are totally useless. Thanks CD PROJECT RED learn to make even bit balanced beta.

Some of the changes are really nice. However, I don't get this: Gwent was always about cards not being so much better than others: Thunderbolt can and cannot be better than swallow, Triss is usually better than Geralt, but does not have to, etc. But now Aeromancy is always going to be better than the other silver weather cards. Always. Legendary cards weren't supposed to be simply better than epics, were they?

I'm still astounded by the number of people complaining about card changes. None of this is permanent, the parameters are just changing so the beta can evolve. Silver weather cards could go back to the old dynamic in a week, if the Devs don't like how the changes affect play.

But they still have to see it tested. If you milled entire factions to build what you considered to be a powerful deck, then you are clearly only here to attempt to win an unfinished game, and aren't here to help the Devs actually beta test their product. Sometimes cards get nerfed to stop you from playing them. Not because they are overpowered. Because if some cards never get nerfed, all the decks look the same and there is no incentive for people to test/try other things.

My advice to everyone is to stop milling cards in reactions to tweeks made by the Devs. Because this won't be the last time a card changes.

Isi23_23;n7836660 said:
I don't get it, so double row weather cards are now strictly worse than Aeromancy?

Aeromancy is a 800 scraps legendary that provides flexibility. Double Row Weather is a 200 scraps epic that can be a bit more situational.

Overall agree with changes. However nothing was even tried to balance NR, instead another nerf on a decent unit making it less useful as it now can be struck alongside units it's supposed to buff.........At this point it's just Nerfed Realms

Bad joke but still

DMaster2;n7836230 said:
Well monsters were broken so you had to expect a nerf.

There was nothing "broken" about the monsters, people simply found it annoying to play against ;) Fact is, weather monsters were already fairly weak (because they're heavily dependant on weather), there was no need for such a brutal nerf.

Isi23_23;n7836660 said:
I don't get it, so double row weather cards are now strictly worse than Aeromancy?

They're now also somewhat worse than First Light o_O

Last edited:
So now these silver weather cards are Aeromancy Jr's? Also what happen to not letting a bronze card counter a higher tier card? Changed the weather system so Ragh nar Roog can't be counter by a single first light but now you have silver cards being countered by a single first light? Umm.........this is mind boggling. I just don't get it anymore. I really don't know why/HOW this change is thought to be a good idea to nerfing weather. If you want to bring balance to weather, then provide better weather counters. Don't just do "oh its too strong, lets over nerf it to oblivion".

Also, the nerf to commanders horn, ancient foglet, avallach, and dennis cranmer is not needed. Once again stating back on the last hotfix thread, don't try to fix things that aren't broken to begin with. I could go much much deeper into detail of why, but no point since a lot of people already stated why.

Like come on CD Projekt Red, y'all either over buff things or over nerf things. Why can't y'all never do a minor buff/nerf and wait a little to see what the results are?

However, I am happy y'all listen about the axemen, Draig, King Bran, and the discarding strategy in general. That I am very thankful for and glad this was done.

I think the nerf on silver double-weather cards is necessary, you get to choose which weather to spawn and that's why the card is silver. Indeed it is a bit inferior to Aeromancy but overall the nerf is satisfactory.
Also, just a minor thing, Vran Warrior now instantly counts down to 1 (turn) the moment it is played. Come on CDPR if you nerf it would you please do it properly? Other turn-based cards don't instantly count down that way, you have to wait for the exact number of turns.

Top Bottom