Public Beta for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game set for May 24th!

+
wow so many changes in SK compare to other factions :/ & nice to see that grave yard stealing is become more powerful now :x

Riven-Twain;n8546420 said:
Faction abilities will be removed in the upcoming Open Beta. This was confirmed today in the live stream with the developers.

Nice change

Is there a list of changes somewhere?

Last edited:
I love the direction this game is taking. The only thing i'm iffy about, is why the heck they nerfed normal geralt. I mean it was already unplayable as a straight 12 unit, now it's 10 plus 2 (when you are losing). Why? e_e

I screened the card changes and the new ones but I need to cut the picture in smaller ones to be able to host it.
This is what i've wrote during the live.

END SEASON REWARD:
"Pionnier" title
"Geralt Premium Card"
"Geralt avatar from witcher 1" (there will be new avatar, including yennefer, ciri and other, and their voices in game.)
Avatar borders , one for each faction, different according to your rank at the end of the season
Additional meteorite powder, minerals and fragments for the highest ranks

NEW SEASON:
Each player will start with 6 silver and gold in the starter deck (cards for each factions)
All the cards now have a Premium version.

The MENU has changed, things has been added:
=>New crafting item: Meteorite powder (Allow you to craft a Premium version of a card you have, this will destroy the normal version of the card)
Meteorite powder can be obtained through: end season reward, milling premium cards, level up, rank, daily reward.
=>Challenge Mode: during that play, you'll listen to Geralt and Ciri's voice like they're playing one against the other
you now have a challenge/tutorial(?) for each faction specifications, allowing you to learn how they works (special scoia'tael, res skellige, ...)
You have 3 challenges per leaders (saw 2 leads/factions) , and reward for each of them. Once the 3rd challenge is complete, you'll be rewarded of the leader's card.
=>Trinket's (avatar menu, allows you to change your avatar and what comes with it.)
=> Rewards (in the option menu): this menu allows you to see what reward you'll get for your next level, daily quest, next match won, ...

CARDS:
=> Ge'els is no longer a Leader but a Gold card instead. He has been replaced by the Unseen Elder(blood and wine)
=> King of beggars is now a gold 15 strength card. If you're losing a round by 5 to 15 points, this card will appear with the points you need to make a Draw
(if you are losing the round by 7 and play King of beggars, and play it as the last card of the round, he will appear as a 7 strength.
=> A lot of cards has been changed, some new has been added.
=> There no longer is Faction abilities, they has been transferred in the units cards.
=> you can change a card for every turn no matter your faction
=> Leader can spawn a copy of themselves as a unit on the board
=> in each deck (maybe not ST) There is now a unit that can Lock a Ambush card. It will reveal it but the ambush ability will not play. (fireball trap will be a regular 1 strength card)
=>Saskia now has a human form, She will be deploy if you play your leader card (may change before the open beta)
=>Regis has been split into 2 units, his Vampire (bat) version is now a necrophage that can eat a non gold unit from your opponent's deck [neutral].
I do not know if he's still an "uber" Cow as his human version.
=> Roach (her premium card is the best) She doesn't spawn when a gold card is deploy but act as a unit herself, don't have her ability in mind, wait until someone says it or wait for me to post the screenshots.
=> a lot of cards had changed, I don't have a full list here.

New units ability:
Armor: extra HP that doesn't count for the total points of the board, they'll allow the unit to take extra damage
Brave: (does something if we lose the round)

ST:
=>Elven mercenary are now a deloyal card. Show you 2 special cards from your deck, choose one and put the other back in the deck. When you play an ambush card, they'll return on your side.
=>Aglaïs, (Gold 10) You can choose to use her ability of not. If you use it, you'll be able to rez a special card from your opponent's graveyard, but she'll lower the base strength by 4. If you don't use her ability, she'll remains a 10 strength Gold.

N:
You luckies will be able to mess with everyone's decks.. You'll now have a card that can draw a gold card from your opponent's deck.

[I'll post screenshots, when I’ll be back home, but if you have some, feel free to post them, they’ll be in better quality than mines anyway.)

(Sorry, my english isn't correct, I'm still learning it, Hi from France btw)

Last edited:
This new Curreny (meteorite powder) allow player to craft premium more easily.
It's ONLY made to craft premium after all.
In the closed beta, crafting the premium version was Twice the fragments you need to craft the regular one.
IF you wanted a premium regis, it was 1600 fragments, and 800 for the regular one, So... yep that' a lot to mill.

Now you fragments are only to craft crards, meteorite powder is only to craft a regular card into his premium version.

kaalev;n8549110 said:
I don't get why was there a need to add another currency. 2 is already more than enough.
It's a slight nerf to the progression system, but a nerf well made. Instead of straight up cutting rewards like other games did they added an extra currency that can be rewarded in the daily, level and ranked rewards but it still does help players getting new cards (premium in this case).
I do love the way gwent, unlike all the other ccgs, encourage players, especially f2p players, to collect and keep those premium cards.

I'm not in closed beta for long but i somehow managed to grind to LvL 17 in a few days and open alot of packs.
The rewards say 2 Pack every 5 Level which would give me 6 Packs in total. I openend way more than that.

So i can stop playing now until the open beta starts because it would be a waste of time?
And then on day 1 i have to start at level 1 grinding my way up to Level 10 (and still not play ranked because no competitive decks) against everyone who invested money and has already full decks?

SickBrain80;n8550170 said:
I'm not in closed beta for long but i somehow managed to grind to LvL 17 in a few days and open alot of packs.
The rewards say 2 Pack every 5 Level which would give me 6 Packs in total. I openend way more than that.

So i can stop playing now until the open beta starts because it would be a waste of time?
And then on day 1 i have to start at level 1 grinding my way up to Level 10 (and still not play ranked because no competitive decks) against everyone who invested money and has already full decks?
Why not reach level 20? 2 more kegs. And you should play a bit of ranked if you didn't already. You have nothing to lose after all.

DMaster2;n8550250 said:
You have nothing to lose after all

I have alot of games (on steam). Many of them take alot of time (rpg / open world) and i don´t like to completly waste my time (playing games is a timewaster enough).
I just see my time better spend if i stop now and come back in a week because the set back will be higher than the reward.

SickBrain80;n8550400 said:
I have alot of games (on steam). Many of them take alot of time (rpg / open world) and i don´t like to completly waste my time (playing games is a timewaster enough).
I just see my time better spend if i stop now and come back in a week because the set back will be higher than the reward.
Level 20 will give you two more kegs. Each rank will also gives you 2 more kegs to open on the first dya of OB. I don't see how this is wasted time, but to each his own i guess.

Top Bottom